[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/ I somehow broke the AMOLED in my Galaxy S4 last night
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: GS5 Active Green.jpg (209 KB, 688x516) Image search: [Google]
GS5 Active Green.jpg
209 KB, 688x516
Hey /g/
I somehow broke the AMOLED in my Galaxy S4 last night (probably using jaws of life with it in my pocket)

Anyway, it's goin to cost me like $160 to have it fixed, and I can buy another used phone on amazon for around the same.

Right now I'm really looking at the Galaxy S5 Active. Looks like it's better than the S4 in almost every way, and I have one in my Amazon cart (of course in the /k/ommando green color) for $169 plus shipping.

Are there better alternatives in the same price range? Anything I should know before checking out?
Does anybody here have/use one?
>>
>>53384806
You don't need an s5 active, its fucking horrible
>>
File: Um.jpg (24 KB, 387x461) Image search: [Google]
Um.jpg
24 KB, 387x461
>>53384819
>>
s7 edge note 6 plus
>>
>>53384819
DONT EVER FUCKING REPLY TO ME AGAIN UNLESS YOU AR ECONTRIBUTING TO THE THREAD
>>
>>53385008

What's your problem? Don't be an asshole to that anon, he was trying to help you.
>>
OP here

This >>53385008 obviously isn't me, but I would like to know why that anon thinks it's horrible
>>
>>53384806
Don't get the active

Source: I'm using one
>>
>>53384806
Get either a Moto X Play or if you don't care about expandable memory a Moto X 2nd gen.

There's also the LG G2 and the Zen 2.
>>
>>53384806
Oneplus one
>>
>>53385084
Why not tho?

Also, I got my S4 this past Christmas and it came with Android 5.0 installed, and it looks like the GS5 Active I'm looking at has 4.4
Is 5.0 availble for the S5 Active?
>>
>>53385225
Why would you willingly subject yourself to 5.0?
>>
just get a used LG G2 for like 100, or a galaxy s5 mini, the active has retarded plastic buttons.
>>
>>53384806
you don't
the s4 is the most reliable phone I had
first you put a good case and a screen protector
then you download greenify and rom cleaner and last get a bigger sdcard and you have the smoothest s4 ever for under $20
>>
>has a chance to rid himself of Samshit
>wants to buy another Samshit

why.jpg
>>
If you're rough on your phone because of work I would suggest that CAT phone, but that doesn't help you now.

What's your provider? If Verizon, maybe Droid Turbo 2? Or if other, a used Moto X Force?
>>
>>53385058
that anon here

The s5 active is fucking bulky and does something the s5 already does(being waterproof)
>>
If you liked the S4, OP, the regular S5 is a good phone.
>>
>>53385491
It's what I'm already used to, and 4.4 seems like a step backward toward my previous phone (HTC Inspire which runs 2.3.3, which is what I'm using now until I do order a new one)

>>53385680
>>53385688
>>53385717
I already had a rubberized case that had almost the exact same kind of protectors on the corners that the Active has.
I wasn't really rough on my phone, we were just doing a training learning how to use jaws of life, and I was dumb enough to leave my phone in my pocket and let the hydraulic arm press against me.

>>53385814
I might just get the regular S5 instead. Aside from the physical buttons on the bottom (which I like the idea of instead of the soft key buttons) and the larger external controls, and the /k/amo green pattern, what are the real differences between the regular S5 and S5 active?

btw thanks for the responses guys.
>>
>>53386049
I think just what you listed; it's only available for AT&T and wasn't supported as long, also.
>>
File: 1456687782498.jpg (355 KB, 1920x3000) Image search: [Google]
1456687782498.jpg
355 KB, 1920x3000
>>53386049
Well, you can probably find a good edge to edge glass screen protector since it has the capacitive buttons down there. Not sure if it'll do much if you run into a jaws of life mishap again. What do you do?
>>
>>53386541
I work in at my county's DMV, and I balance out that boringness by also being a volunteer firefighter.
>>
>>53386049
>btw thanks for the responses guys.

Be grateful, because I've been asking questions about the Sony Xperia Z5 for weeks and threads just die with nary a response. Can't bump my own threads anymore because fuck if that's the only way to keep anything I have to ask above water.
>>
>>53386704
You probably don't get any responses for 2 reasons.
Everyone already knows Sony smartphones are pretty much the best of the best and, noone is actually able to afford them.
>>
>touchwizz
>>
>>53386783
But that's what gets me. I would assume that half of /g/ would have Z5s given that they are recommended in numerous threads. I ask quotations related to the experiences of owning one (problems, concerns, etc.) but no one ever fucking responds.

Hide Sony Xperia Z5 threads
Don't post in Sony Xperia Z5 threads
Don't reply to Sony Xperia Z5 and all that jazz, amirite?
>>
>>53386919
>I ask quotations related to the experiences of owning one (problems, concerns, etc.) but no one ever fucking responds.
>experiences of owning one

I already explained that noone can actually afford one.
>>
>>53386952
At least that's an answer. Better than waiting for 404.
>>
I actually liked my s5 active. I'm fairly clumsy (broke like 4 phone screens previously) and it held up incredibly well. I even had water spilled on it multiple times, though i was never brave enough to go swimming with it. I actually still have it as a backup for when I eventually break my iPhone. Not that I plan on breaking my iPhone, but, to a certain degree I feel it's inevitable...
>>
>>53387055
though, I suppose it's worth mentioning I had a few problems on AT&T with signal. Not receiving messages/phone calls, weak signal. From what the folks at device support told me it was hit or miss, but it was covered by them as a manufacturers defect. Not sure what cell service you have and/or if they'd be able to be of much help if you didn't purchase from them, but just my expeience
>>
If you drop the s5 active directly on its face the screen will break
>>
I know a human, organs and everything, he has this device. It has not been rendered functionless through physical trauma and he is a human so he drops it and also partakes in inferior human activities with it on his person. It is very durable.
The downside is the update train. As a fellow inferior human with organs and a silly human brain, I would suggest the S6 Active. Much better.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.