[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do you guys deal with the fact that you will never be able
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: ezqq.jpg (75 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ezqq.jpg
75 KB, 1280x720
how do you guys deal with the fact that you will never be able to afford a high-end gaming pc? i have been dreaming about owning one for like 10 years already...sometimes i go on pcpartpicker and search all the parts i want, and thats a lot of fun but then i always have to close the browser without ordering and the crushing reality sinks in
>>
have you tried getting a job that pays more than minimum wage?
>>
File: op.jpg (48 KB, 537x545) Image search: [Google]
op.jpg
48 KB, 537x545
>>53375674
Get a job you shit.
Otherwise underage b&
>>
>>53375674
I also wish for one, can afford it, but why bother when my laptop with i7 4558U and R5 230M can run all games I play at over 60 fps...

Going to pcpartpicker and making dream builds is a lot of fun tho senpai
>>
Most people here aren't poorfags PR third world pajeets. I upgrade my gaming rig every 18 months to the latest and greatest tech available. I actually studied and worked hard and earn a decent living. £2000 every year and a half isn't a thing to me
>>
>>53375674

Just as mom to buy one for you
>>
>>53375674
Start saving up, every little bit makes a difference. $5 here, another $10 you might have not spent there, and you'll be surprised at how much money people spend on shit they probably could have gone without every month. 10 years is 120 months, if you had set aside a $20 bill once every month, you'd have had $2,400 right now for a monster of a computer if you wanted.
>>
>>53375674
You don't need a a high-end gaming PC.
I bought a what was at the time high end gaming PC 6 years ago, and it still can run just about every new PC game on the market at max settings, and I set them to medium/low anyway because most games look better without an assload of particle effects blocking what's happening on screen.

It can run a ton of VM's though so at least I still have a use for it.
>>
it's tough.
>>
>>53375674
Easy. What you do is buy used parts, or older-mid ranged parts.
You can get a PC that can play the latest games if only at the lowest settings fairly cheaply, especially if you go used.
>>
>>53375765
Specs? Interested in what held up that well over the years & how much it costed.
>>
>>53376281
Not the guy, but I run a FX8350 used for 130€ and a HD7970 (which was rebranded as R9 280) for 150€ used and can play Battlefield 4 at high settings with 90fps. You just need a ton of fans because the PC is literally burning.
>>
>>53375981
Best is used 2011 AMD stuff.
>>
>>53375674
Little OK my PC handles DCS real nice so no complaining from me
>>
>>53375674
I try not thinking about it, works most of the time because I stopped giving much fucks about vidyagaymes long ago. There are only 1 or 2 gaymes id actually play so its not really worth it.
>>
>>53375674
I'll buy some parts for you if you're wiling to apply yourself a bit for me.
>>
>>53375674
>high end
That's relative my nigga. What was high end a few years ago is now low end. So literally whatever you'd want wait a few years and buy used. That's what smart people do anyways.
>>
I dealt with it by getting a job for 3 months and built a 2500euro PC, overtime I saved up for a mechanical keyboard, a good mouse and a g-sync monitor.
All you need is some damn passion for shitty things like vidya geems.
>>
>>53375674
Try not being a useless NEET.

>muh gaymes
>>
>>53375674
What's wrong with you?
Get a job and learn to manage your money.
Save up enough and get that rig.
>>
>>53375687
Even with minimum wage you could save up (unless you live in 'murrica) money to eventually buy a gayman PC. OP is a NEET
>>
You don't need a high end PC. There are a lot of affordable GPUs that still pack a punch and can play most games at low-medium (for example GTX 550 TI and GTX 660 TI)
>>
File: IMG_0208.jpg (19 KB, 235x340) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0208.jpg
19 KB, 235x340
>>53375674
Almost in the exact same position.

Bought a z97 mobo, gtx 970 that was used for 250 euro, a used i5-4590 for 100e. Runs smooth as fuck and didnt cost me more that 500e. Beforehand, i sat on a am3 athlon pc, running on the integrated graphics.

Man, life is good when you have a job. I have 2 :>
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.