[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
God Damnit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: no.jpg (16 KB, 425x256) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
16 KB, 425x256
>Oh you're a developer? That's so cool! You must be really smart! Can you look at my computer? It's running really slow.
>Also, my friend's phone isn't working. Can you look at that too?
>>
>omg u can make websites? I'd love my own website, here's $50
>>
>>53364351
>Get PSDs from designers
>What the fuck is this
>"The page speaks to me" "The page breathes"

I fucking hate designers
>>
Why is this a surprise to you?

This is literally how EVERYONE sees anyone who works with computers apart from guys who ACTUALLY work with computers.

It's like when someone says they're a psychologist and you go "Cool, can you read my mind!?"
>>
>Oh you're an engineer?

>Can you look at my computer? It's running really slow.
>Also, my friend's phone isn't working. Can you look at that too?

>I'd love my own cell phone design, here's $50
>>
>>53364381
>"The page speaks to me" "The page breathes"
Designers really need to tell their tulpas to shut the fuck up.
>>
>>53364327
Oh you use linux? Who killed JFK?
>>
>>53364472
>JFK
It was an accidental shooting by one of the secret service guys in the car behind.
>>
>At bar
>Nignog overhears me talking to friend about a development project
>"oh you work with computers?"
>"can you do me a favor? I'll hook you up! My phone's all jacked up if you can fix it, I got the hook up."
>No idea what the hook up means but he's drunk and won't go away until I fix it, so let's see
>He can't turn this annoying voice prompt for every button he presses off
>He's too stupid to update his apps
>Do that, he acts like I saved his life
>Says he'll buy me a beer, haven't seen him drink all night
>Reaches his hands in his pockets, says he has no money and wants to know if I'll buy him one.
>No
>Says he's a bloods member and I helped out a fellow blood
>One of his friends, some white trash middle aged woman brings over her >Government flip phone and wants me to fix that or reset it to factory condition

From now on, when I go out, I live with my Mother and I'm a guy who does nothing but watch TV all day. I don't even own a computer.
>>
>>53364390
>that last shitty analogy

What's with /g/ and bad analogies?
>>
>>53364327
>Oh you're a carpenter? That's so cool! You must be really handy! Can you build me a house? Here's $100.
>>
>>53364327
>Yeah man, bring them to me and I can fix them for the right fee
I get pretty good extra income from doing off-side jobs like that, you never, ever decline those and just dont be a faggot, charge for your work like you should.
>>
>>53364565
This. This is how Best Buy's Tard Squad and other computer shows stay in business.

Most people are fucking illiterate when it comes to anything that's not a television with a simple two button remote, so the computers people bring in are usually slow as shit and fucked up.

It takes hours upon hours to even do malware scans on these people's computers. You have to overcharge them, or you won't make any money.
>>
>>53364513
>her >Government flip phone

Non-American here.
What's a ">Government flip phone"?
>>
>>53364956
A cheapo flip phone on a shit carrier with a minimal amount of minutes and text time. I am not sure of the exact qualifications, but I imagine you get them if you are on welfare or food stamps or some shit. They are usually subsidized partially by taxpayer cash.
>>
>>53365175
Oh, I see, thank you.
>>
>>53364513
why would you go to a black bar?
>>
>>53364472
His wife
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.