[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>watching RMS TED talk >pronounces GNU " guh-new"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: wtf.gif (569 KB, 475x347) Image search: [Google]
wtf.gif
569 KB, 475x347
>watching RMS TED talk
>pronounces GNU " guh-new"

what the fuck? i thought it was pronounced "JEE EN YOU", as in you pronounce each letter separately

what kind of autistic shit is this? do people go around saying "am-duh" when referring to AMD?
>>
>>53355303
a gnu is also an animal you fucking idiot

fuck you for thinking you're right and not googling. how is that autistic? fuck you op. fuck you and your grade school biology failing ass
>>
>>53355303
>watching ted talks
>ever.

I don't care if it's Stallman that shits still cancerous and retarded. Also he's most likely doing it out of convenience so he doesn't have to autisticall say Jee En You a bunch of times. I bet you also pronounce gif as jiff you fucking autistic mongoloid.
>>
>>53355372

it IS pronounced "jiff" you fucking faggot. the creator said so

>>53355358

biology is for faggots
>>
>>53355383
biology is a mandatory class to graduate so i guess everyone's a fag huh? you must be a fucking drop out
>>
>>53355415

i have a BA in economics
>>
>>53355383
>muh creator .

Yeah and the g in gif stands for graphical, do you pronounce that shit jirafical then? Do you pronounce get as jet? Or git as jit? Gift as jifft? I don't care what the creator says he's a moron.
>>
>>53355427
Start saying "Would you like fries with that?"

Lol, econ, what a fucking beta
>>
>>53355427
and where is your certificate that says "I'm the fucking retard who doesn't know what a gnu is"?
>>53355429
i don't pronounce knife as "k-nife". the English language has weird pronunciations. get over it. invent your own image format if it pisses you off that much. until then, he created it and he gets to choose
>>
>>53355429
>g for graphics, not jraphics
If you say Laser, Scuba, or Nasa like everyone else, your argument is entirely moot because of your cognitive dissonance.
>>
>>53355476

>i don't pronounce knife as "k-nife". the English language has weird pronunciations. get over it. invent your own image format if it pisses you off that much. until then, he created it and he gets to choose

holy shit i was just typing this exact argument out. how uncanny

>>53355472

i have a great job actually

kill yourself, my man
>>
>>53355427
Watch out guys, hes's got a BA! He know's everything!
>>
>>53355358
You realize in gnu, as in the animal, the g is silent, right?
>>
Dude I saw this guy once who pronounced DARPA like "Dar-pah". Are there seriously people who don't pronounce it Dee-Ayy-Arr-Pee-Ayy?
:^)
>>
>>53355934
Yes, but the G is pronounced in GNU so people aren't confused by it's homonym "new".

Check out this new software.
Check out this GNU sofware.
>>
>>53356129
You are completely missing the point.
>>
>>53356136
then explain to my why the mascot is a gnu but the name is mispronounced.
>>
>>53355429
>graphical interface format
>hard g
>gee eye eff
>soft g
>>
>>53356164
That's NOT THE POINT I'm making.
The point I'm making is that the pronunciation of the animal is completely irrelevant.
>>
>>53356171
having the gnu as a mascot makes it relevant. So your point isn't very good and it should be dismissed.
>>
>>53356185
>>You shouldn't have known that GNU is pronounced completely differently to the animal because it has the animal for its mascot!!
Kill youself.
>>
>>53355303
>SQL
>>
>>53355383
>it matters what the creator wants it pronounced as
fuck no. giff with a hard g is the only reasonable way to say it as proved by most people
>>
>>53356196
it was initially pronounced like that mascot/animal. But it confused people as stated >>53356129
It was never pronounced as OP was pronouncing it.
>>
>>53356165
then it should be spelled as jiff not giff
>>
>>53356226
I'm not saying OP isn't retarded. But
>a gnu is also an animal you fucking idiot
is equally as retarded because it's not actually pronounced as the animal.
>>
>>53355429
giraffe
george
>>
>>53356241
Then why did they choose a gnu as the mascot?
>>
>>53356286
Are you literally autistic? The reason the mascot is irrelevant is because you can't get the proper pronunciation of GNU (the project) by knowing how to pronounce gnu (the animal). They are OBVIOUSLY related, but the pronunciation is not.
>>
>>53356302
>Then why did they choose a gnu as the mascot?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.