[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>decide to build pc after a few years of being unable to play
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: 14-150-730-Z01.jpg (52 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
14-150-730-Z01.jpg
52 KB, 640x480
>decide to build pc after a few years of being unable to play cool shit
>Buy an I5 with a R9 380
>Install everything in the case with no issues
>Boot up to check health and everything runs smoothly
>Go to install windows from a flash
>Takes hours to get it working
>Installs quickly at least because SSD
>Time for drivers
>Adapters for card won't install because AMD
>This takes a few more hours to solve
>Finally get it installed
>Resolution gets fucked on everything
>Runs as if drivers never were installed
>decide to test it out
>Hook up hard drive
>Hard drive only appears on the boot menu in the BIOS and not windows
>Don't even have an HDD to test anything
>Nothing wants to fucking work
>Mental breakdown collapses my sanity
>Won't fucking bother with this POS anymore

Nothing fucker works at all and I'm at the end of my rope. Never before has something like this ever gone so wrong.
>>
>AMD
That's your problem.
>>
>>53339820

Matter of the fact that everything has a massive obstacle and never installs correctly, not just the pos card.
>>
Look in your partitions and drives in the control panel you should see "unallocated space" that's your HDD
>>
>because AMD
>never built a pc before

Well, you've got the /g/ anecdote spot on there OP.
>>
God dammit dont scare me, I just ordered one R9 380,
I hope you are big retard and you havent done something trivial
>>
>>53339766
You are either retarded or lying.
>>
Alot of this generation 1151 socket motherboards have issues installing the OS to a hard drive from a USB connected device on their out-of-box BIOS versions. This is easily fixed by flashing the BIOS to the latest manufacturer version and making sure you turn on USB legacy support and use a 2.0 port when you plug in your flash. 99% of new motherboards have a flash utility on there for BIOS upgrade so it's shit easy. But it looks like you've figured that out by now.

You should be forgiven as this looks like your first build. Look how much you've overcome. Just keep googling shit and you'll figure it out. Even AMD garbage can be made to work.

Don't forget to enable an XMP profile in BIOS for your RAM. You'd be surprised how many people are running their first build with 3k+ RAM at 1333...
>>
>>53340096
this desu
but I guess OP is either year long loonix user and just wants to blames someone else for his stupidity like they always do or he's just run-of-the-mill stupid
>>
>Adapters for card won't install because AMD
>adapters
What?
>>
Is 600W PSU good enough for r9 380 and amd fx6300?
>>
>>53340668
yes
>>
>>53340668
no, get at least 1200w
>>
>>53340668
>>53340678
>amd card
yeah
1200w PSU and you probably need a very strong UPS for your system so when your card draws all the power the nearest power plant can produce (probably during startup and playing games) you still have reserves so your system doesn't shut down too
>>
File: stop posting.jpg (12 KB, 449x364) Image search: [Google]
stop posting.jpg
12 KB, 449x364
>>53340678
>>
>>53340719
How do you calculate that? They have recommended 650W PSU on their page, but on web calculator they say max power usage is around 480W

I am confused...
>>
>>53340805
what the calculator says * pi
>>
>>53340813
FUCK YOU why are you all so fucking childish go back to fucking ---> \b\

And for fuck sake 1200w is that welding machine or what?
>>
>>53340822
the first answer was already the correct answer
what do you want to hear?
read your own thread maybe you stupid cunt
>>
File: 0_5073c099.jpg (160 KB, 1143x679) Image search: [Google]
0_5073c099.jpg
160 KB, 1143x679
>>53340838
I dont want yes or no explanations I want to learn so I dont have to ask again.

Learn poor person to fish so he doesnt need to ask for fish constantly
>>
>>53340846
somewhere on the data sheet you find information on what your card draws
same for all other components of your system
take that and round up

it's not rocket science
>>
>>53340885
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiWThqgFfI4

was watching this video, guy bearly gets over 400W with Strong specs so I dont get why they put 650W on specs, graphic card isnt really using 650W
>>
>>53339766
Installing from USB 3?

Try USB 2.
>>
chipset drivers

bye
>>
>>53340124
Don't worry, he is a retard.
>>
>>53340667
exactly this
>>
>>53339766
Might be a doa card actually. Had a very similar issue where drivers would barely instal, and not work well - was a card fault.

Does the gpu autodetect work?
>>
>>53340668
Yes, but be careful with overclocking
>>
>>53340917
There is cables and shit in the psu thing and they get hot and you may forget to calculate someting like a new hdd you want to add at some point or some external device that draws a lot of power

The cables get hotter on the smaller psu, also there are energie spikes when you turn things on, just use 650+ and you wont burn your house

I once build a mining cluster with 44 amd cards, here is a tip: DO NOT BUY AMD VIDEO CARDS THE DRIVERS ARE FUCKED, NO TROLL, DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT, PAY 20% MORE IF ITS NEEDED, its worth every penny
>>
>>53339766
>buying at the worse time possible
lol
>>
>>53341904
I ordered
600W, CHIEFTEC Smart Series GPS-600A8, ATX v2.3, 120mm vent
I hope its good.
>>
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/tD83K8
Hijacking thread for a second, any obvious mistakes with this build before I buy it?
>>
>>53340124

OP here, reinstalled using a proper disk and everything worked out. Fuck you guys.
>>
>>53339820
See >>53340116

Now go back to >>>/v/

>>53340805
All these official recommendations are with shit-tier PSUs in mind, which often either can barely hold more than 2/3 of the wattage they're rated for and/or feature 50% of their rating on the 3.3 and 5V rails - just in case the average user made a "great deal" on a 20$ 500W unit from china.

If you have a quality PSU, you'll be fine.

>>53341904
This isn't even a good copypasta.

>>53341934
CWT, seems based on their GPM-platform - similar to the Corsair VS supplies. No 80+, 230V only, 46A on a single 12V. Can't find any tests with a quick google search. Probably usable, but likely quite low-end. Use at your own risk.

>>53343162
Looks okay to me. Some autist here is gonna sperg over the PSU though, since it's FSP and not the holy Seasonic. It is a good unit though, don't worry.

Oh, and obligatory le

>AMD housefire

meme
>>
>>53343162
What resolution are you playing at? Unless you're getting 4K (even then it's doubtful), xfired 290s are a better deal, because you'll be able to use DX12 to pool memory, giving your GPUs access to 8GB. At 4K you might need the extra VRAM in the 390 by 2019, but by then you might want to upgrade anyway. Of course if you have the money to burn, the 390s will also be a good choice.

Of course, you might want to wait on your crossfire build until the end of the year (new cards from Nvidia and AMD) and just get a placeholder card until then.
>>
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Xb3GWZ
Am I doing good? Is there something I should change?
>>
>>53339766
I think you need a mac
>>
>>53340917
Better to have it and not need it than to need it but not have it.
>>
>he fell for the AMD shills
>>
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=379

This is why you don't skimp on your psu - a lesson /g/ refuses to learn.
>>
>>53339766
Install Acrobat Reader
>>
>>53345630
Get a better CPU. Even though it's a quad core, 2.7Ghz is really weak. I'd recommend an upper range i5 or a mid-range i7. This coming from an AMD guy, so grain of salt and all.
>>
>>53345993
Can you suggest me something?
>>
>>53339766
SSD doesn't improve installation time from a flash drive you retard
>>
>>53346221
Not on the Intel side, as I only really know the AMD side of things. But something comparable to a 83XX series or 6XXX series. Pretty much, above a 3.0Ghz quad. The i7s are a pretty solid line of processors, even though I only use them in my laptops. What sort of stuff are you using this for?
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.