[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2016 mobile innovations?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: image_3.jpg (19 KB, 318x264) Image search: [Google]
image_3.jpg
19 KB, 318x264
Any phones coming out this year with truly new features? The last few years just seem like minor upgrades to old tech. The gap between camera improvement seems to be getting further and less noticeable.
0.3mp>1.5mp>3mp>9mp>13mp>21mp.

The new edge concept is kind of cool, but I don't ever see myself using it. Notification LED is plenty for me.

What innovation are you most excited to see this year?
>>
Last year was a big increase in finger print scanner phones. I hope this year is good motion / proximity detection. The Moto X fucking nailed it but other phones haven't picked up
>>
>>53338864
Nah edge isn't nearly as useful as it is gimmicky. Just switched from a note edge to a LG v10 and the second screen on this is way more functional for me.
>>
>>53338864

You consumer oats better stop buying new phones so frequently so they stop it with this endless gimmicky shitshow
>>
I think the company who can implement automation the best will win the phone war of the year.

Sure android users have had the option for a while, with apps like Tasker and AutomateIt. But most normies couldn't setup a task to save their lights.

If Apple could lock down a solid OS with automation, it could sway a lot of the occasional power users toward iOS.
>>
>>53339582
It would have to be really simplified. It's good shit but not useful for everyone. I can barely convince my tech friends to use tasker. I had quiet times (before it was integrated into Android) and automatic volume adjustment when I plug in headphones. My other friend did some bluetooth stuff with his car.
>>
>>53339860
I love AutomateIt! I have rules to text my account balance to me every morning and open up the Torque app, for car diagnostics, every time I get on the freeway. The rest run in the background and I never notice them until I'm on a different phone.

Maybe if they recorded patterns of behavior, like background macros?
>>
>>53338864
Vulkan is a pretty big upgrade
>>
>>53339934
>>Maybe if they recorded patterns of behavior, like background macros?
automated automations
>>
>>53340095
We have to go deeper...

Then what if they made a catalog of the most common behaviors and used it to develop a basic form of AI.. Everything Siri's pretended to be since her iConception
>>
When a phone has a hole that feels like a pussy that company will have won
>>
i want a fone where u can just increase the apple pay account balance i mean how hard is that to do and that would sell like crazy
>>
>>53338864
I wish instead of edge they would have done an e-ink back. That needs to be more common.
>>
>>53338864
That HP phone what also works as an (almost) full Win 10 computer.

But its not x86 so I won't bother, but still a cool idea.
>>
>>53341316
Man I wish Asus would do the same with the next Zenphone. They using Intel CPU so it would be literally a Micro-PC.

>tfw Asus takes it to the next level with external GPU via USB-C
>>
I imagine replacing traditional desktops with a dockable phone will be the next 'thing'.
>>
>>53341361
I don't think that way. I mean, you still need a monitor and Keyboard/Mouse. You can't carry them everywhere.
>>
Hence dockable my man
>>
>>53341402
Ahh. Well I could imagine this could be useful for schools and traveling.

I don't tend to think in a big picture, maybe in the next couple years the Mobile CPU's will match up with Deskopts ones.
>>
>>53341394
Congratulations your todays fucking idiot.
>>
>>53341489
I was thinking about its not really fucking useful most of the fucking time. I mean a fucking Micro PC is dockable into a TV/Monitor. And I don't get the point. If you will have a permament dock at home you may as well have a PC too.
>>
>>53341522
it's the corporate market that push innovation and corp would love to pay just for a dockable mini pc instead of a phone AND a pc
>>
>>53341668
I get it now your fucking phone will work as a dockable pc. Hell they maybe doesn't need a fucking dock, just an USB-Type C>HDMI cable and you off to go. Technically Mini PC's were made to bring your computer everywhere. But lets be honest, would you bring your PC (even if its your phone) everywhere. Would you rather set up a system with Mouse Keyboard Monitor etc. just to get on working on the PC. Or would you rather buy a laptop or a tablet.

Hell come to think, they should sell tablet screens with Phone docks.... Just slide in your phone and now you have a tablet.
>>
A full fledged Windows x86 on a 5 inch device that is actually good
Not memeing it up with Windows Phone shit
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.