[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>computer science is getting so saturated that women are making
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1457149735299.jpg (50 KB, 350x262) Image search: [Google]
1457149735299.jpg
50 KB, 350x262
>computer science is getting so saturated that women are making up a large percentage of undergrads now
So glad I chose CE. Might not be many of us but that's not a bad thing.
>>
Yes, OP you deserve to be alone
>>
>>53328391
>he thinks there is a real difference
I have a MSc in CS

I work as a hardware engineer.

CS is so saturated that we're leaking over into CE and EE domain now.
>>
>>53328451
>we're leaking over into CE and EE domain now.
good
t. EE student
>>
Anything that requires a high level of abstraction is well beyond the capabilities of most, not all, but most women.

Women can do well in, Biology, Geography, History, Medicine, etc. because those fields involve absorbing and repeating the same information repeatedly, and the scope of action is limited to few very rigid and simple anthropic algorithms.

It is the complete opposite of fields such as Philosophy, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, etc.
>>
>>53328391
>he fell for the CE meme
its for people too dumb for CS and too lazy for EE
>>
>>53328541
>its for people too dumb for CS
>>
I'm going to do CS. Can't wait for that 80k a year starting.
>>
>>53330878
>I'm going to do CS. Can't wait for that 80k a year starting.
Good luck. Starting college soon? I'm 1 semester away from getting out of this hell-hole.
>>
>>53330940
I'm actually a sophomore right now. My freshman year I went to a CC and did basic classes like history, geography, english etc. After that I transfered into a 4 year university, but CS isn't offered on this campus so I'm transferring to the other campus hopefully spring of 2017.
>>
>>53330878
>tfw Facebook pays new grad SWEs 105k base with 100k signing bonus and 120k stock
>>
>>53331063
How would one even get a job at Facebook?
>>
>>53331068
Have a good resume, interesting internships and projects, and be a great interviewer. I just had my first interview with them yesterday
>>
>>53328391
You are focusing too much on what you are studying, rather then focusing on how to become apart of the job market that you want to major in.

Saturation isn't a problem if you are able to prove that you are better then the competition. There will be saturation in all degrees thanks to student loans, immigration, for profit schools,etc.

College degree of any field does not guarantee you a job. You better be doing side projects, joining community, building connections, doing internship in colleges.. or else that degree will be just a piece of paper.
>>
>>53331019
You're boning yourself taking strictly generals, you should have cleared easier programming classes in community college and started as a junior in uni
>>
Good thing only 5% of those undergrads will actually code.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.