[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
interview questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: HR_101_crop380w.jpg (93 KB, 380x250) Image search: [Google]
HR_101_crop380w.jpg
93 KB, 380x250
What are some good ones to ask fresh grads applying for something rather algorithmic (i.e. not code monkeying)?
>>
>>53327425
"Is the is are?"
>>
Reverse the words in a string, and make sure to use a constant amount of extra storage
>>
>>53327482
are you to be you are?
>>
• Tell me about a time your behavior had a positive impact on your team. (Follow-ups: What was your primary goal and why? How did your teammates respond? Moving forward, what’s your plan?)
• Tell me about a time when you effectively managed your team to achieve a goal. What did your approach look like? (Follow-ups: What were your targets and how did you meet them as an individual and as a team? How did you adapt your leadership approach to different individuals? What was the key takeaway from this specific situation?)
• Tell me about a time you had difficulty working with someone (can be a coworker, classmate, client). What made this person difficult to work with for you? (Follow-ups: What steps did you take to resolve the problem? What was the outcome? What could you have done differently?)

---

https://blog.svpino.com/2015/05/07/five-programming-problems-every-software-engineer-should-be-able-to-solve-in-less-than-1-hour
>>
>>53327704
Those five questions are fucking trivial. Should I give them a whole hour to solve that?
>>
Just ask them to write a complete and logical sentence. I bet 70% will fail.
>>
>>53327425
swap 2 registers with only bitwise operators
>>
Before the interview, set them a simple programming task. Ideally you should provide them with the skeleton of the application, so you can compare candidates more easily. Ideally you should supply this a few days before the interview.

During the interview, go through their code and ask questions about their choices.
>>
>>53327704
I hate these fucking questions. I barely remember the times I was doing team work so I have to invent scenarios.
>>
>>53327425
Print an NxN array in spiral order inside out and outside in
>>
Invert a binary tree
>>
>>53328086
Using constant space?
>>
Ask them why quicksort is/isn't a botnet.
>>
>>53327425
What kind of animes do you like?
>>
File: tumblr_nluz3pYlR81r54lc0o1_1280.png (1 MB, 1141x1920) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nluz3pYlR81r54lc0o1_1280.png
1 MB, 1141x1920
>>53329511
Draw your waifu on the whiteboard
>>
>>53327425
Explain programming concepts:

What is modulo and when would you use it?
How does a linked list actually work?
What can you do if you get a hash collision?
What is a segmentation fault and how would you troubleshoot it?
What sort of error logging do you put in your programs? (and you'd best be using at least timestamped perror)
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.