[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
windows 10 user here, give me one reason to switch to gnu/linux
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: 1447416081088s.jpg (18 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
1447416081088s.jpg
18 KB, 230x230
windows 10 user here, give me one reason to switch to gnu/linux and lose all my work software and gaymen
>>
>>53323632
use virtualbox for your working software faggot
works like a sandbox
>>
>>53323632
Dumb frogposter.
>>
You can see the source code which you'll never actually care about or read!
>>
>>53323652
yeah that's what I do on my laptop (win7 virtualbox vm) but I don't see the point doing it on my desktop as I can't play my gaymen.
>>
I'll bite, but only because my question doesn't deserve it's own thread. I need a new (rather cheap) laptop or netbook for working purpose only. My budget is rather tight (250-300€). I dont want to use windows anymore so could someone recommend me some good starting linux to get into it? Iam a huge newfag when it comes to linux but iam so sick of windows that i'll give it a try. Which Linux OS are the best for Starters like me, who would like to get into it? Iam fairly good at programming so typing alot of commands wouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>53323762
Go to /sqt you stupid queer
>>
>>53323835
Aight iam off my way!
>>
>>53323848
>>53323762
Linux mint
>>
>>53323632
>work software
Like what?
>>
don't, because you don't want or need to..

this thread was created by a faggot to lure other faggots

>I'm a faggot
>>
File: 1449321781692.png (972 KB, 728x978) Image search: [Google]
1449321781692.png
972 KB, 728x978
>>53323632
ITS A TRICK!

IT DOESN'T CHANGE WHEN YOU CLICK ON IT!

ITS FAKE!
>>
>>53324794
Not a trick, OP is just a dumb winbabby
>>
>>53324892
>winbabby
kek, I'm just a computer user who uses the most convenient OS. I have a triple boot with OSX and Linux but stick to Windows 10 because I can alt-tab between work and leisure without any hassle.
>>
>>53324937
>Windows 10
ey rofl
>>
>work software
Translation: I can't learn anything new so I need to keep Microsoft Word to write my inane shit
>gaymen
Translation: I need shit Windows-centric games like Call of Duty to validate my life
>>
File: 1382905175730.jpg (332 KB, 521x804) Image search: [Google]
1382905175730.jpg
332 KB, 521x804
>>53323632
>s.jpg
>>
>>53324959
>I never worked one hour in my life, the post
>>
>>53323632
If you see no reason to use Linux, why would you? If Win 10 works fine for you why change to something that's not capable of performing what you need?
>>
>work
>gaymen
does not compute

You're either a child or a working adult.
Make up your mind OP.
>>
>>53325147
What if OP is a manchild?
>>
>>53323632
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Y LMAO
Y LMAO
Y LMAO
Y LMAOhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BinWA0EenDY
Y LMAO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BinWA0EenDY
le epic so ebin dae le epin win xD pwn’d ftw le bacon narwhale xP

le epin troll i coax youed int o al e ruxze xDDD tfw no gf xD ayy lmao! :p
>>>/y/o>>>/lgbt/isten>>>/u/p>>>/h/eres>>>/a/>>>/s/tory>>>/a/bout>>>/a/>>>/lgbt/ittle>>>/g/uy>>>/t/hat>>>/lgbt/ives>>>/i/n>>>/f/eelings>>>/t/hat>>>/lgbt/ive>>>/i/nside>>>/m/e>>>/i/m>>>/b/lue>>>
upboated good sir i tip my fedora to you, fine gentlemen le real men have class xD real human bean!!1 dae cake is a lie lel
epic fail!!!!!!!! ;p for YOU!! :DDD XD we r anonymous >:D lol DOGE111 so ebin much le1, for the lulz!! xD le upvote for you :^)
just epic, simply epin ROFLMAOCOPTER BBQ :o WE ESPORTS NOW :DDDDDDDDD, did u waifu?

le dae EXPLODIN KNEES PUDDI!!!! le epic oldfag here, ama :D, 5get or faget? keke ebin… SHOOP LE WHOOP :D XDDDDD, here have an upboat, lelele so much ebin
420 smoke weed!!!!!11 dae le trees? :D le tree blaze ftw! epic memes, us gamers huh!? >:) tips fedora, le any1 athiest? SJW EBIN WOW memez?
RAISE UR DONGERS! 8D YTMD :^))))))))

EPIC PWNAGE!………… CUPCAKES (im so randum :) dae la lets players!!! BROFIST :dd dae feel ? le sad frog faec. IM CIA, dae BANE!? PRO TIP: FOR YOU XDddd!!!11
le dubs goy! hehehehada dh…. twitch general /twitch/ @:=] kappa :D

>le maymay arrow
is this a le new epic meme? screen kapped for dat sweet karma xD. FUS ROH DAH!!!!!1 i used to be a christmas but then i took an arrow 2 da knee :^(
BAZINGA BAZINGA ZIMBABWE. top kek, toppest of keks. le nyan cat? hahahaha le mayonaise.
fucking epic ass meme
i love that fucking meme so much man
wait let me just *gets crack pipe out* smoke some of that good 420 shit :)
*rips a bong* AHHHHHHHHH YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that sure hit the spot ok now repeat that fucking epic ass M E M EQ
>>
>>53324937
>tick to Windows 10 because I can alt-tab between work and leisure without any hassle.
>alt-tab
>This is why a winbabbies use windows
>alt-tab
>not toggle
Such a techie
>>
>>53323632
>give me one reason to switch to gnu/linux
Windows
>>
>>53323752
Wine has pretty decent compatibility now. Check the game list to see if your stuff works.
>>
>>53323762
Grab one of the variations of Ubuntu. Personally I prefer grabbing the server version and installing gnome-fallback on it.

The only difference is the packages installed on them, server is the second most minimal.
>>
>>53325305
Keep telling yourself that, it took me 3 hours to even get wine to run properly on my old laptop that I wanted to use as a loonix machine just for the heck of it. Needless to say, I just took the 300gb hdd out of it, put a sata to usb adapter on it, and I'm using it as an external hdd now.
>>
>>53325163
this is quality poast
>>
>>53323632
You can dual-boot faggot.
>>
>>53323632
im really really alone and know nothing at all in this world except for how to use linux balls to the wall.

I just want to find a friend who shares my interests but has enough of a life where they can tell me their stories and i can converse with them and not have them become disinterested in me because of my lack of life and charisma.

If you were to switch to linux perhaps we could become friends, perhaps i talk you through setting up your home surveilance, automation and media servers and you tell me how the club was and I dont have to wrestle with my mind about why i bother living.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.