[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /g/, just read about the formerly-known-as freebsdgirl. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9
File: natgeowild.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
natgeowild.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
Hi /g/, just read about the formerly-known-as freebsdgirl. I was wondering if there are any other such fine personalities involved in tech who seem to really understand social issues at a deep level and have a cultivated and measured perspective on the tech community. Thanks.
>>
File: queen of G.jpg (488 KB, 3055x2288) Image search: [Google]
queen of G.jpg
488 KB, 3055x2288
>>53304594
>seem to really understand social issues at a deep level
>>
>>53304594
>tech oriented institution/group brings woman on board
>does basically nothing but talk about muh social justice

Why does this keep fucking happening?
>>
Politics and drama thread? If you want

>USB 3.0 maintainer for Linux quits because of male dominated mean-ness
http://sarah.thesharps.us/2015/10/05/closing-a-door/

>Shanley
>Ashe Dryden
>Yahoo! mandatory women
>GitHub hires Coraline
>Memes banned
>Memes unbanned
>Memes banned
>>
>>53304669
And Pool's Closed!
>>
>>53304875
haha :D:D:D:D:d:D::D:D
>>
>>53304627
>better to have one loud foolish one than 70 quiet ones conspiring
>>
>>53304594
You sure thats a human? Never seen a human body deformed like that.
>>
>>53304594
We had the same thread earlier, and it flopped then. Give it up OP.
>>
go on efnet and try to talk to the people there

they are all completely deranged criminals
>>
Why is the programming field so fucking bad and infested with so much cancer and shit?
Is it because of the ease of work, in that it only requires one to sit their fat ass on a chair and have a computer in front of them?
Is it because of the ease of access, in that all the education material is on the Internet and you don't need any special ordinance, labs, or professors, to learn that shit?

Of all the fields in STEM, i see only programming related fields so infested with piss, puke, and shit.

No other field has this shit. Even Chemistry, which is filled with women, doesn't accept shit like that in OPs pic or the usual feminists retards.

I don't get it. Someone explain this to me. Why is programming so cancerous?
>>
>>53308513
the problem is programming is actually pretty hard if you make some effort

unfortunately the industry has low standards
>>
>>53308513
It depends on the language. Java and Python it's super easy to bullshit your way to success. C and assembly? Hell no, there is a reason there are no females who work with C or assembly.
>>
>>53308513
People who get into programming are generally outcasts and moderately to extremely autistic. So, you could either be the /g/ type of autistic, or you can be the sjw type of autistic. That's why programming is filled with fedora flippers and /g/ neckbeards
>>
>>53308787
>>53308513
this

take a look at your local EE/CS department. Full of subhumans.
>>
File: image_14.jpg (48 KB, 395x700) Image search: [Google]
image_14.jpg
48 KB, 395x700
>>53310008
This. Also sending kids through a modern post-sec institution they are likely to have at least one or two professors who are self proclaimed feminists that cant help but tie shit back to how the world is unfair.

All these kids haven't heard shit about it yet so they assume the prof is right every time.
>>
File: 4L_PmRX41Mc.jpg (186 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
4L_PmRX41Mc.jpg
186 KB, 690x460
>>53304594
>women in technology
Women are sex objects, their purpose is to look pretty, make and raise babies, cook and clean. They should not be in the workforce.
>>
>>53304669
>>Memes banned
>>Memes unbanned
>>Memes banned
?
>>
>>53304594
>fat-bsd girl
How many patriarchies did she eat to get that fucking fat. What a giant lard piece of shit. She should be parachuted into a famine-strickened area of Africa along with a bbq grill so that the starving villagers can have a pig roast. Only then would she actually be contributing something of value to the world.
>>
>>53308752
Programming isn't hard.
Working out efficient algorithms is hard.
Go back to your self-entitled cave.
>>
File: fizz-buzz-dying-in-a-fire.jpg (128 KB, 1000x930) Image search: [Google]
fizz-buzz-dying-in-a-fire.jpg
128 KB, 1000x930
>>53310638
>Programming isn't hard.
Tell that to everyone who can't pass a fizzbuzz
>>
>>53310678
>>53310678
You have to understand that meanwhile programming in general isnt hard. It is not for everyone, I like to think it requires a certain mindset.
>>
>>53310638
Regardless of what your programming job entails, interviews always tend to rigorously test your algorithm design skills so its kind of the same thing.

Lots of people can do practical programming -- create applications, write mobile 'apps', create websites, etc but to get those jobs you need to display prowess with solving algorithm related problems
>>
>>53310695
You'll find that most people don't have that mindset.

As an aside, if you think programming is all about hitting keys and typing shit in, you don't have that mindset either.
>>
>>53310756
Well that is a certain view on programming.
Also if you compare programmers nowadays and 30 years back they have gone down hill a lot due to the opportunity to learn programming from the web.
>>
>>53310864
>Well that is a certain view on programming.
if you think programming is all about hitting keys and typing shit in, you don't have that mindset either.
>>
>>53310864
People aren't learning programming from the web mostly though
What they are learning is coding.
Look at any course, actually no look at any tutorial on youtube, 100,000 might watch the first video, 50,000 the second. Once people realize that programming is actually hard by normie standards they drop it. All these sites promising to teach you 'programming' they just scratch the surface and show you the easiest of things and then say congrats you are now a programmer. Makes me very uneasy actually.
>>
>>53310896
Another interesting thing is that when you're at an university and are taking a programming course people tend to google the solutions than rather try to solve them by themselves.
>>
>>53310954
Google was still in it's infancy when I was at university
Curry infested shitholes like SO certainly didn't exist
But at least programming is better now that its more diverse now right? XD
>>
Solving a problem you have never encountered is always hard.
Printing a list is one of the first things you do in any language, so if you have tumbled through a tutorial on any language, you would know how to solve a task like fizz buzz.
Technical interviews are usually much harder, so failing fizzbuzz means you are a fraud and you shouldn't be hired for such a position.
>>
File: Bl-TZc9IEAAZrFC.jpg (22 KB, 598x400) Image search: [Google]
Bl-TZc9IEAAZrFC.jpg
22 KB, 598x400
>other such fine personalities involved in tech

Yes. Let me introduce you to bodil stokke.
>>
File: Man-Woman-Laughing.jpg (30 KB, 450x312) Image search: [Google]
Man-Woman-Laughing.jpg
30 KB, 450x312
>>53304594
>filename
>>
>>53311042
You can google how do it. It's stupid. If its a known "test" people will learn how its done. Rendering the test useless.
>>
>>53310678
What DAT?
>>
>>53311146
Abstract kind of feel anon
https://css-tricks.com/tales-of-a-non-unicorn-a-story-about-the-trouble-with-job-titles-and-descriptions/
>>
sure this is FreeBSDgirl and not FatassBaStarDgirl?
>>
>>53311186

Hahaha, this is the funniest shit I read for a long time..

>being butthurt because not getting the job because no basic skills

Hahahaha.
>>
File: 1456764113719.png (283 KB, 658x406) Image search: [Google]
1456764113719.png
283 KB, 658x406
>>53310232
>>
File: 1456432949610.jpg (41 KB, 550x512) Image search: [Google]
1456432949610.jpg
41 KB, 550x512
>>53308513
Because it's the golden scapegoat.

>computers are a esoteric nerd hobby for the longest time
>then big money gets pumped into software and tech in general
>people (women) who criticized the nerds now see the big dollar signs and force their way in
>complain there is not enough "XYZ" in STEM (women, minorities, non-binary genders)
>use this as a spring board so employers hire them without needing the prerequisite knowledge (you don't want to be known as a bigot right?)
>so all they can do is loudly talk about discrimination in stem

The only reason it doesn't happen to math, chemistry or other stem fields is because there is not enough money being thrown around.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.