[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this still the best mobile plan in the US?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: _20160303_172833.jpg (64 KB, 1131x652) Image search: [Google]
_20160303_172833.jpg
64 KB, 1131x652
Is this still the best mobile plan in the US?
>>
If you have google voice or some other SIP number, fuck yes.

If no then 100 min is really measly. But we're on /g/ so nobody calls you anyway.
>>
>>53302693
how is it that they can offer unlimited text and web but limit talk to 100 minutes?
>>
Nope, boost mobile will give you unlimited everything + 2 gigs of high-speed data for 30 bucks a month. In addition you can get up to 3 gigs more of high-speed data if you're a good goy and pay your bill on time.
>>
>>53302760
this
>>
>>53302724

They do that so most people won't buy it. You can get unlimited everything with a lower data throttling point for $30 on a couple t-mobile MVNOs
>>
>>53302760
except boost run on sprint's network so you have to deal with that garbage
>>
>>53302693
yes not to mention a lot of streaming services dont count towards your data anymore with Tmobile. I stream music all day and it counts as 0 bytes
>>
>>53302693
Yup. Hardly talk on the phone,and when i plan on a longer call i use Google voice. Unlimited Pandora is nice too.
>>
>>53302693
>unlimited web

Unlimited web and unlimited data are not the same thing. "Unlimited web" means "unlimited only the things we think you should be allowed to access"
>>
>>53304191
it's unlimited 2G data and 5GB of 4G speeds
>>
I am on wifi most of the time (municipal wifi ftw), so Google's Project fi works very well for me.
>>
Could you just use Skype calling ? I think it is like a buck a month.
>>
>>53302718
I've only gone over that limit once and that is because I have to contact insurance about the fucken car accident.
>fken ching driver
>illegal left turn
>>
>>53304359
yes, skype or GV or any other VOIP service
>>
>>53302693
MetroPCS is the better choice.
>No contract
>60 for Unlimited everything(21GB of Data)
>Can't pay? No crazy fees, they just turn your shit off
>30 days before you lose your number if you don't pay the bill
Why shouldn't you stick with Metro? They run off of T-Mobile towers and you can even use T-Mobile APN's.
>>
File: nov2015tmo.jpg (217 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
nov2015tmo.jpg
217 KB, 1440x2560
>>53302693
I'm on unlimited LTE family plan with like 9 other people and I only pay $60 a month for pretty good speeds.
>>
>>53302760
>boost mobile
>CDMA cancer

>>53302693
>T-mobile
>actually getting a signal
>>
>>53304539

Metro does jew-y shit like charge you $15 for ESN changes and $3 to pay your bill but in terms of pure value they're pretty solid. Their Music Unlimited shit with a bunch of different services is nice because I have a 40 minute bus ride to and from work so I end up streaming a shitload of music.

Simple Mobile is another T-Mobile MVNO (because there are a fucking million of them) that will do 10GB of 4G at $55 a month, which is a shitload of data.

If you're a dumbshit like me who never leaves the city than T-Mobile's coverage is rock solid as well.
>>
>>53304205
That, if you read the terms of service, explicitly doesn't cover half of things people actually do on the internet.
>>
>>53304873
Ugh yeah that TOS is pretty lame
>Unless explicitly permitted by your Rate Plan or Data Plan, you are not permitted to use your Device or the Service in a way that we determine:
>Uses applications which automatically consume unreasonable amounts of available network capacity;
>Uses applications which are designed for unattended use, automatic data feeds, automated machine-to-machine connections, or applications that are used in a way that degrades network capacity or functionality;
>>
>>53302760
>sprint
gross
>>
>>53302760
Fun fact, I actually get under 1 Mbps download on Sprint LTE here in Minneapolis. I'm actually using Ting and was just about to buy a T-Mobile phone so my data speeds don't suck.

Ting is good if you barely use data. It gets really bad if you use a lot. If you're a poorfag and just use wifi 99% of the time it's great.
>>
T-Mobile offers $40 unlimited talk text, 3gb data with unlimited 2g afterwards. It's alright, I use it.
>>
>>53305165
You do know the networks have been improving right?
>>
>>53302760
Pretty much this. It's the only logical choice if you're on a budget. Else just get their unlimited high speed lte plan.
>>
>>53302981
I have boost. How is 4-8 mbps on lte "garbage"? It's fast enough to stream 720p video on my phone and apps download plenty fast. I don't get all this hate on sprint networks.
>>
>>53302760
I have that plan. Recently got 3gb of data after a few months. I'm really digging the growing data thing.
>>
>>53305601
In my area (Buffalo) Sprint has the worst coverage and some of the areas that they do have signal the data doesn't work anyway. Boost was complete shit here
>>
>>53302693
I have that plan. It's pretty good, as long as you use the hangouts dialer as much as possible. Also if you live outside of a city good luck getting a signal.
>>
>>53305749
Not him but I had verizon prepaid and lte here in PA fucking blows. Constantly freezing up and speeds stay around 2mbps when it decides to fucking work. Switched over to metropcs and now lte just werks and speeds stay around 12mbps.

So don't judge an entire network because you had shit service in your area. Verizon overall has a good service but apparently not in PA. Anyway just remember that YMMV. I hear sprint has been improving their networks after that wimax fiasco.
>>
I use Net10 right now, are there any other decent AT&T MVNOs?
>>
>>53302760
Getting rid of shrinkage was the worst thing Boost ever did.
>>
I hate that they added that bullshit tax. I used to pay 6 months of service but now I have to pay an extra 20 for tax. Any way to get around this?
>>
>>53305792
this so hard

my tire exploded on the way back from a city and i had zero service, couldn't even call 911 if someone tried to attack me or something either
>>
>>53305601
I get under 1 mbps LTE. 3G is actually faster.
>>
>>53306471
You should really call them about that. lte isn't supposed to be that slow. Try a PRL update before that, it sometimes will make hour download speeds faster as it adds another tower sector.
>>
>>53305871

You probably wouldn't have has service from any of them, save possibly Verizon. Remember that T-Mobile phones can use AT&T's towers for roaming service with GSM/GPRS.
>>
>>53305871
The emergency dialer will user any available signal, not just your carrier
>>
>>53304519
Minutes should not be so bad then
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.