[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /g/ think of discord gaymen advertisement aside?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: unnamed.png (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
14 KB, 300x300
what does /g/ think of discord gaymen advertisement aside?
>>
>>53302103
It's gucci, if only it was open source.
>>
>>53302272
agree, it's really nice to use as a voip compared to other alternatives
>>
Discord is the shit. Switched from Skype to this and have not experienced one problem with it.
>>
>>53302103
>Mickey Mouse Pants
>>
>>53303255
CHECKED
>>
>>53302103
Not as shit as Skype and works great for mobile, too.
>>
Probably the best communication software right now, unless you need webcam or something.
>>
>>53302103
Mumble is superior in literally every way
>NSA botnet
>>
Shilling is real. Is Discord new uBlock?
>>
It's great. Add a couple of more features, and it'll be perfect. Switched from Skype, and got about 10+ friends to do so as well.
>>
File: stallmanNo.jpg (62 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
stallmanNo.jpg
62 KB, 690x460
>>53304091
>>53303894
>>53303885
>>53303242
>>53302272
>>53302662
Enjoy your non-free NSA botnet faggots

>>53303255
>>53303947
Mah niggas
>>
>>53302103
It's interesting, but raises concerns and has major red flags for me.

It's fully free, but closed source. They provide you with free to use software, and even give their bandwidth for free, without asking for anything, no advertisement, nothing.

When something like this happens, I can't help but think that I'm not just using a product, I am the product.

>inb4 tinfoil
It's not like it's the first time anything like this would've happened or anything.
>>
no point in using it when I already use mumble and it's painless to manage mumble
>>
Convinced a few of my friends to switch from skype, the rest that didnt move because "they dont trust it" over skype i just stopped talking to.

I used that discord_bot node js nonsense and gave it some fun commands for people to fuck around with, rss feeds, etc.

Its pretty cool, i see alot of potential.
>>
>>53303947
Yes, but uBlock is actually good, discord is very meh.
>>
>>53304316
>>53304343
This basically
>>
>Information we collect may include but not be limited to username, email address, and any messages, images or other content you send via the chat feature.
>and any messages, images or other content you send via the chat feature.
>>
>>53304430
This
https://discordapp.com/tos
Nice code of conduct, faggot

This shitty software is cancer and is for SJWs
>>
Discord works awesome, but sometimes a mic will cut out in large group chats, or if someone micspams.
>>
>>53302103
it's shit.
>>
Good software of you don't care about having your data mined
>>
How the hell are people shilling this when mumble (and similar open source solutions) are available and take 5 minutes to set up
>>
File: screenshot.png (76 KB, 708x387) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.png
76 KB, 708x387
It's pretty good!
https://github.com/Rivalo/discord-cli
>>
>>53304617
>He uses ubuntu
>>
>>53304674
Only because so I don't have to fiddle with drivers and configuration for this PoS laptop a lot. Drivers just seem to break at random.

But the client uses ANSI coloring, and printf()s a lot so it pretty much works everywhere.
>>
>>53304674
>hating ubuntu

what memes!
>>
>>53302103
Normies use Skype
The rest use steam+TS3
LE GAYMEN GENERATION use discord

This is a shill thread desu senpai
>>
>>53304854
I dropped Skype a long time ago for Mumble, but Discord is legitimately good. I can understand people making threads about it.
>>
>>53304854
And yet Skype devs fixed the IP leak just because of gaymers.
>>
>>53304316
>It's fully free, but closed source. They provide you with free to use software, and even give their bandwidth for free, without asking for anything, no advertisement, nothing.

Do you know how online businesses work? You put out a good product, establish a large faithful userbase, and then run it into the ground with ads and other shit while people stick with it because "well, I've always used it"
>>
>>53302103
Best voice chat by far.
>>
>>53304602
no need for a server
proper text messaging with auto-embedded images and youtube videos all the same client
>>
>>53302103
Ponyfaggot crap
>>
>>53307536
I can see it as a short term solution. I use discord (before setting up my own personal mumble server) to chat and stuff, but I talk a lot over VoIP so it just made sense to invest a little time into.
No need for your own server also means no control
>>
TS3 successor.
>>
it's cancer
>>
I don't like it, it's built on shitty code in a shitty language. My Freesync monitor thinks it's actually a game and because Discord updates so slowly the monitor actually starts flickering at like 30Hz.
>>
absolute fucking garbage, not only built on literally web browser, but it just doesn't work right
>>
>>53302103
No encryption available
stick to Mumble.
>>
Shilled to death on Twitch. Meme status attained. I give it 6 months before all logins are leaked. Screen shot this.
>>
File: 1440093190153.jpg (81 KB, 541x458) Image search: [Google]
1440093190153.jpg
81 KB, 541x458
>>53304126
>Not enjoying the grate China bot net.

Discord is owned by the Chinese and "does not sell user data to 3th partys" only to 1st partys. Not the NSA.
>>
>>53309811
How is it owned by the Chinese? I see they are basically built around an older company that used to make games, or something like that. And they are just a startup which raised capital from a number of investors. There's no mention that they are owned by the Chinese.
>>
>>53303908
/thread
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.