[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can /g/ end this useless, purposeless infighting between OS users
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 5
Can /g/ end this useless, purposeless infighting between OS users and we can all agree that each is best at something, Linux can't do desktop, but it good for servers, Mac OS X can't do server, but it's best for work, and Windows is best for games, not so good for others. Each has its positive and negative.
>>
>linux cant do desktop

but it can, nigger
>>
>osx
>best for work
>still has a shit window manager
>>
>>53293462
>os x
>good for anything

pic 1
>>
>>53293467
your the nigger
>>
You can use any OS you want but if you use OS X, I will immediately assume you are a homosexual. The company's CEO is a raging homosexual now (literally).
>>
>>53293499
Go back to /pol/, homophobe

OSX is objectively the best OS
>>
>>53293499
If I use Windows 10, Do I poo in loo or toilet?
>>
>>53293489
I used OS X before I built a rig. I think the window manager is fine, it's just more geared toward multiple virtual desktops instead of split window viewing.
>>
>>53293497
>your
>>
>>53293517
> i am gay
> stop oppressing me
>>
>>53293462
If its proprietary, it's unfixable shit. If it's FOSS, it's fixable shit. Proprietary will get worse, FOSS will only get better.

Stop acting like Windows and OSX are anything but piles of shit you are forced to use by monopoly practices.
>>
>>53293519
I find the designated shitting streets to be quite comfy. They just werk.
>>
>>53293462
>mac os x can't do server
>os x has had server installations ever since forever
>os x now has server tools
OP you're retarded.
>>
>>53293565
Name anything major that is powered by OS X servers
pro-tip: you can't.
>>
>>53293565
how many homosexual network admins do you know? there just isn't much of an audience for os x in the server market
>>
>>53293578
>if most people don't use it it doesn't exist
Nice reasoning you have there.
>>
>>53293462
Mac OSX is for people who deal with media (Images,music,video), designers and people who code in perl, pyton, Javascript and ruby

also normies that only use Facebook
>>
>>53293499
this
>>
>>53293592
The one from my school is a homosexual, but he is way into Microsoft.
>>
>>53293499
completely agree with this
>>
>>53293517
For homosexuals like yourself, sure. We're not all degenerates however, it's just the way life is.
>>
>>53293593
Apple doesn't use it to host iCloud

when the fucking company that made the OS doesn't use it you know it's shit
>>
>>53293499
The CEO of Yahoo is a woman, do you assume everyone who uses a Yahoo product is female?
>>
>>53293524
>youre are
>>
i feel like macs are used to imply that you're a homosexual to other people now kind of like how gay dudes used to get an earring in the right ear to let people know they were gay
>>
>>53293462
no

so long as you are wrong, dumb and use a shitty OS people will get in your way

responsibility to change is on you
>>
>>53293462
>Can /g/ end this useless, purposeless infighting between OS users and we can all agree that each is best at something
No.
>>
>>53293462
No because your a biased piece of shit who just want to make himself feel better. Fuck off. Enjoy your imac's oven heat feature bitch.
>>
>>53293462
>Linux can't do desktop
windows users can't do Linux desktop ftfy

>Windows is best for games
Games are made to work for windows

this prove that:
>you never installed linux
>never worked
>>>/v/
>>
OSX is good for literally nothing. Windows can do everything OSX can and way more.
>>
>OSX: shitty windows manager, shitty file system
>WinDOS: shitty windows manager, great hardware support, great scheduler, great file system
>Loonix: Great file system, shitty scheduler, great server hardware support. Windowing?AHHHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>53293774
>Windows can do everything OSX can and way more
It really can't.
>>
>>53293685
>microsoft uses linux servers to host most of it's web platforms and websites
Alright, I can agree.
>>
>>53293809
Yeah I guess being homosexual is OS X's specialty.
>>
>>53293592
>homosexual network admins
it implies sex, technical is not homosex
>>
>>53293840
Why is it Windows users aren't capable of having a legitimate argument without resorting to "ur gay lol"?
>>
>>53293884
I never said I used windows you fucking homo.
>>
>>53293462
but linux can do desktop.
it just doesn't have full support for major commercial application-specific software
>>
>>53293884
Because windows users are mostly /v/. If your a ceral computer user you use a POSIX OS. Windows users care about hardware and gaymes. Hardware fags end up on /g/
>>
>>53293893
What do you use then?
>>
>>53293914
Windows is POSIX compliant to a degree. Linux and BSD are also partially POSIX compliant. The only OS fully POSIX compliant is macos
>>
>>53293809
It really can
>>
>>53293489
/thread
>>
File: sjycjydMzh-2.png (16 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
sjycjydMzh-2.png
16 KB, 300x250
>>53293938
>OSX is the only "POSIX compliant" OS
>OSX is the least Unix-y OS
>>
>>53293565
>seen this one ever server in school thats powered on mac because the professor is a mactard
>1 room full of macs doesnt even use it and is lan based
>other room full of windows pcs crashed the mac server when we played wacraft 3 3v3 on lan
mac servers are great yeah
>>
File: 66d.png (79 KB, 480x375) Image search: [Google]
66d.png
79 KB, 480x375
>>53293467
>>
>>53294039
>OSX is the least Unix-y OS
Of course, but POSIX compliance doesn't automatically mean it's completely UNIX-like, if they add a pile of unrecognizeable crap on top
>>
>>53294054
lel
>>
>>53293884
Being gay is a disease
OS X is for braindead peoples

-> OS X is for gays
as simple as that
>>
Every operating system is far from perfect. They all have big glaring flaws. You may not care about these flaws and have a preference but you don't have to pretend that these flaws ain't there.
>>
>>53294145
Sure, but Loonix is the only one that allows you to exchange what you don't like. Don't like the desktop environment? Tweak it to oblivion, change it to dozens of others, or even make your own. Don't like systemd? Chance it to openrc. Don't like x? Change it to Wayland. Don't like packet manager? Change to other. I could go on.
>>
>>53294145
RTOS are pretty fucking perfect m8.
>>
>>53294206
i dont like X but have nvidia blob drivers , wat do :/
>>
>>53294215
We have a thread for such questions
>>53283944
>>
>>53293938
...and Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, etc.

>>53294089
>UNIX-like

Please don't do this. UNIX is a trademark, you mean Unix-like.
>>
>>53294255
i mean , there is no wayland support yet so i have to wait. It was not really a question.
>>
>>53294269
Ohhh, my bad.
>>
>>53294257
UNIXâ„¢
Better?
>>
>>53294315
It's a registered trademark so it should be UNIX®.
>>
Are you fucking retarded?

>>53288554
>>
>>53294206
I'd like to change being able to play GTA V on it. Can I change that?
>>
>>53294051
I want underage /v/ to leave.
>>
>>53293692
Actually I doubt that's too far fetched.
>I have yahoo email as backup tho
>>
Okay, listen retard

There is no definitive "DESKTOP". The definition is personal. Does it work on your fucking desktop computer? It's a desktop operating system you fucking autistic retard. Desktop does not mean "A COMPUTER WHICH RUNS PHOTOSHOP AND AUTOCAD IN A MANNER THAT IS FRIENDLY TO ELDERLY USERS". Go dig your brain out with a rusty railroad pike.

There is not definitive "WORK". It's like "desktop".

And there is no definitive "GAMING". Some corporate faggots might have told you it meant buying the newest rehashed trash with DRM that kills your SSD. Some nerd might have told you it meant emulating the original pacman and combing your beard. Both were myopic autists.

These are all MARKETING TERMS FOR BRAINLESS IDIOTS -in caps so your retarded ass can pick out this essential information=

They SIMPLIFY THE WORLD SO PEOPLE WITH SMALL BRAINS CAN UNDERSTAND IT. They are for people who literally have seizures when they realize the world is not as simple as "nerd use linux, gamer use winderss, pro use mac".

Fuck off back to le leddit
>>
>>53293462
Fuck off
>>
>>53293462
ifag detected
>>
>I have a job
windows
>I wish I had a job
Loonix
>I'm too hipster for a job
OSX
>>
>>53293462
>Can /g/ end this useless, purposeless infighting between OS users and we can all agree on my ignorant stereotyping.
>>
>>53293938
>The only one of the main three OSs usually discussed on /g/ made by people willing to pay the kikes at The Open Group tons of money to get a dick waving SUS certification for it is OS X.
FTFY, and it's not even POSIX compliant by default. Open a terminal and run 'echo -e "I suck dicks\n"' and behold the nonstandard behavior. You have to switch to bourne shell in order for it not to be overridden by builtins.

If you think I'm being pedantic, most guhnoo+linuks distros are easily POSIX compliant enough for you.
>>
>>53295893
/thread
>>
>>53293462
>Linux can't do desktop
>OSX can
lol
>>
OSX becomes a night mare when you have a lot of files that aren't organized finding things can be difficult.

Mostly my girlfriend's fault for being retarded and not putting shit in folders but goddamn.
>>
>>53298921
>what is spotlight
>>
If you use OSX I'm gonna automatically assume you're clinically retarded, or a hipster.
>>
File: NSA+HomOS.png (267 KB, 673x888) Image search: [Google]
NSA+HomOS.png
267 KB, 673x888
>>53298981
A triple botnet consisting of Applel, Microsoft, and NSA, or as I've recently taken to calling it, NSApple+MS botnet.
>>
>>53293578
Apple.
>>
>>53295893
I like it
>>
>>53299341
wrong answer
>>
>>53299199
actually, it's NSApple / MS botnet.
>>
>>53293517
I like how you and the rest of your left winged crowd use the word "homophobe" as an insult.

Firstly, I'm not scared of gays.

Secondly, I am entitled to dislike any person I choose. The fact that I use that person's sexuality as an insult is a joke. Get the fuck over yourself. This is why no one likes you faggots.
>>
>>53299199
>totally can't disable web services in spotlight
wooooooooooow
>>
>>53293462

1. are you 12?
2. FreeBSD or BSD in general is the NSDAP to Linux's Judaism.
>>
>>53299841
>lol u can jus turn off botnet xd

Kill yourself mactoddler.
>>
>>53299878
NSDAP had millions of members and in its heyday a sizable portion of the world's Jewish population was exterminated.
BSD is pretty much the opposite of NSDAP.
>>
>>53293692
People don't use yahoo products.
>>
>>53293462
but mac threw osx in the trash in the mid 2000's and stole a copy of linux and reskined it to look like they actually did something.
even apple knew that osx is useless and doesnt werk.

linux can into desktops, even better than windows now. windows can into driver support though
>>
I've been using linux on my main computer and laptop for over 8 years now

I really don't understand how people are unsuccessful at doing the same. Maybe it requires a minimum level of intelligence that most people don't own
>>
EVERY OS IS A PIECE OF SHIT
>>53293517
Your OS is a piece of shit
>>53293752
>>53294588
>>53298921
>>53299584
>>53300587
>>53298880
>>53296084
>>
>>53293462
you first
>>
>>53301830
>linux can into desktops, even better than windows now
APEX KEK.
>>
>>53294612
no but you can change your sexual orientation to something a little less degenerate
>>
I love /g/ hahahah
>>
File: Linus-Torvalds-fuck-you.jpg (130 KB, 500x404) Image search: [Google]
Linus-Torvalds-fuck-you.jpg
130 KB, 500x404
>>53293462
Why don't we just agree that it doesn't matter for shit instead?

The average shithead in an OS wars thread blogging about what's better for "desktop" use does most of his "computing" through a web browser, media player or other popular platform-agnostic application.

The average shithead in an OS wars thread blogging about what's better for "server" use thinks he's hot shit because he streams a movie every once and a while from a twelve year old laptop with Debian on it

The average shithead in an OS wars thread blogging about what's better for "work" shitposts on /g/ all day and uses their office suite as a glorified text editor while writiting "hello world"-tier programs for nobody and thinks he's productive

The average shithead in an OS wars thread blogging about what's better for "games" is a faggot

If you're a home user, doing home user shit, using shitty home user-oriented software that's been ported to each of the Big Three, blogging on /g/ all day about the shitty files you host and shitty VMs you run on your shitty home server, it just doesn't fucking matter anymore, it comes down to what platform you feel most at home with, and what does your computing most efficiently or more importantly, enjoyably.
>>
>>53303909
this, based anon desu senpai
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.