[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PCBSD is real freedom.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 4
File: snapshot1.png (1 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
snapshot1.png
1 MB, 1440x900
Why are you endorsing communism by using Linux or fascism by using Windows or OS X when you could be using PCBSD, an easy way to enjoy absolute software freedom? You don't hate freedom, do you /g/?
>>
Unix is dead, friend.
>>
>>53291563
Tell that to iOS, OS X, Solaris, the BSDs, HP UX, and AIX you fucking faggot.
>>
pcbsd is just bloat desu
>>
>>53291632
Why do you want to spend time configuring your system when you could be using it?
>>
>>53291485
>absolute software freedom
>no apps until you go autistic and make everything yourself
>no drivers
>>
>>53291485
Linux is a product of volunteer work and therefore not communism.
>>
>>53291683
Linux is the product of a handful of corporations exploiting hobbyists thanks to a viral license.

>>53291682

32-bit Linux apps work on it and it comes with Wine.
>>
Comunist master race
>>
>>53291656
>install openbsd which comes with X and use CWM which also comes with it
its pretty easy desu
>>
>>53291702
>exploiting
You are aware most of the people writing kernel code are paid by those companies? Compare this "exploitation" to what Sony is doing to FreeBSD.
>>
>>53291768
Sony contributes to FreeBSD, and so does Apple.
>>
>>53291799
how?
>>
>>53291862
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/contributing/index.html
>>
>>53291799
They only contribute when the work is trivial and even then rarely because they don't have to bother.
>>
>>53291900
What's being contributed by sony, applel ?
>>
>>53291933
More like they only give back what needs to be given back.

It makes no sense for Sony to give back some of the fine-tuning they did to FreeBSD.

Anyone looking to shit on the BSD license needs to read this:
http://blather.michaelwlucas.com/archives/1942
>>
>>53291682
>>no apps
>32-bit Linux apps work on it
what's the fucking point then, you fucking sub human?
>>
>>53291947
hilarious! so much disconnect from reality; this is a great insight into the mind of cucks.
>>
>>53291485
>"real freedom"
You spelled "worthless crap" wrong.
>>
>>53291947
>fine-tuning
You mean like their AMD graphics which are non-existent on FreeBSD? Also your article states that upgrade pains will eventually force greedy companies to contribute their secret sauce. Seems like the GPL is just making things move faster. Enjoy getting their fixes a decade later.
>>
>>53292142
>You mean like their AMD graphics which are non-existent on FreeBSD?
AMD graphics do work on FreeBSD. Just not the PS4's because what's the fucking point of sending diffs back? It's exclusive hardware.

Blame AMD for that.
>>
If you took all the things windows fanboys say is wrong with linux, and put it in one operating system, you'd have bsd.
>>
>>53292180
And who the fuck cares about Windows fanboys, right?
>>
>>53292196
I know this because I already listened to you lying shills and tried bsd, so go fuck yourself.
Bsd is crap.
Just trying to help others from making the same mistake because I'm a nice guy.
Go ahead and try it if you have the time to waste tho. You'll see for yourself.
>>
>>53292172
>It's exclusive hardware.
And their drivers could be used to help develop more generic ones. This is exactly what *BSD devs do when they study/steal GPL'd Linux driver code.
>>
Go openbsd or go home
>>
>>53292259
Again, the Radeon driver in FreeBSD is fine.

I don't know why you think they HAVE to send that diff for exclusive hardware no one has.
>>
The GPL is the reason linux has left bsd in the dust.
>>
What freedom?

I don't have the freedom to both run Illustrator with 0 issues -and- have a neat ricey desktop.
>>
Who pays you cunts to keep shilling this crap.. Is it apple? Or some other corporation that's raping the ass of your idiotic permissive license.
>>
>>53291702
>viral license.
Stop using this smear-word. The GNU is not "viral." If you don't like the terms of the license, don't use the software. Simple as that.
>>
>>53292281
>the Radeon driver in FreeBSD is fine
Hardware that works just fine on Linux doesn't on FreeBSD.
>I don't know why
I just told you, it helps when you are developing drivers for similar hardware.
>>
>>53292368
>Hardware that works just fine on Linux doesn't on FreeBSD.
Did you read what I said at all?
>>
>>53292331
>The GNU is not "viral.
The GPL is though.
>>
>>53292386
Yes, did you?
>>
>>53292420
Show me what hardware doesn't work then.

My Radeon HD 6870 has never had any problem with any BSD.
>>
I already fell for the bsd meme.
Fool me twice, shame me.
>>
>>53292439
My laptop with an R5 M230 doesn't.
>>
>>53292439
>My Radeon HD 6870
...is older than at least half of /g/
>>
>>53292439
I tried bsd and by some miracle, it was partly working.
>translated that to honesty for you.
>>
>>53291702
>comes with wine..
That's a good thing. Anything that akshully werks will be running in wine.
>>
>>53292465
>running freebsd on a laptop
ayy lmao

>>53292490
>if it doesnt for for me it doesnt work for anyone XD
>>
>>53292549
I'd like to interject for a moment.
That's GPL/Wine.
>>
>>53292564
>Werks on my 10 year old card so its good
>>
>>53292564
You're right, FreeBSD only works on ancient headless servers.
>>
>>53292648
That's right, but hey, the Radeon R200 series drivers are permissively licensed, so go port them yourself.
>>
ReactOS masterrace reporting in. Fuck yo kernel, nigga.
>>
>>53292331
>GNU philosophy
>self propogating bundle of memetic information
>not "viral"
>>
>>53292933
>self propogating
>self
stop stealing, patel!
>>
>>53291485
because obsd is better
>>
>>53293253
>because obsd is slower
ftfy
>>
because the installer crashes
>>
>>53291485
>You don't hate cucks, do you /g/?
well...
>>
>>53293424
/g/ don't hate cucks, it's all we ever talk about.
>>
>>53294001
yes, we talk about how much we hate them!
>>
>>53291702
>Doesn't like GNU license
>likes that GNU apps run on bsd
>>
File: 6ff.gif.png (139 KB, 320x244) Image search: [Google]
6ff.gif.png
139 KB, 320x244
>>53291632
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
です!
デス!!!
>>
File: Windows-freebsd.jpg (36 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Windows-freebsd.jpg
36 KB, 640x480
>>53291485
>>
>>53292254
this BSD SUCKS couldn't fucking install packages, for fuck sake linux is a hassle for my, but bsd it's another fucking level of strange troubles and noone can help you
and pc-vsd came broken OTFB
>>
File: c62.jpg (13 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
c62.jpg
13 KB, 259x194
>>53294167
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU

です!
デス!!!
>>
>>53294246
>I couldn't
>BSD SUCKS
>>
What exactly is broken about PCBSD? I want to go for a BSD desktop the easy way and I don't like having a Gtk based DE by default (ghostBSD).
>>
>>53292328
Which cunts are you referring to?
>>
>>53294687
yes becouse it's hard i i don't give a fuck about something more obscure, complicanted than linux without support
i mean i just want to install aplication what the fuck skills i should have to do that
>>
>>53296263
>more obscure, complicanted
can't read hand book, retarded
>>
>>53292331
>The GNU is not "viral."
GNU is a meme, perhaps the oldest meme there is
>>
>>53291720
>Comunist master race
>upper middle-class
>never worked an honest day in his life
>never will
>just like Karl Marx
>who the fuck spells Carl with a fucking 'k'?
>hipsters, that's who
>>
>>53291485
>an easy way to enjoy absolute software freedom
as in freedom from software, because its even less supported than linux is. thats what you mean, right anon?
>>
>>53291485
I can install Xorg/WM by myself.
FreeBSD my choose.
>>
>>53292465
Some good news for you:
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-x11/2016-February/017233.html
>>
>>53291485
PCBSD is love
PCBSD is life
PCBSD is justice
>>
>>53291485

PC-BSD is a garbage!
>>
>>53297594
This.
>>
>>53291485
>PCBSD
>not just manning up and installing FreeBSD or better yet OpenBSD
>>
>>53291485
I've been wanting to use BSD, partly because ZFS gives me a boner, but it hasn't got the drivers I need. Linux is full of drivers compared to BSd.
>>
>>53291485
I'd install it if it came with 32bit.
>>
>>53301984
FreeBSD does
>>
>>53302007
Exactly.

But pc bsd doesn't.
>>
There's nothing wrong with communism you fucking capitalistic faggots!
>>
>>53302949
posted from his iphone(tm) :^)
>>
Since this is a BSD thread I'll post this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgN8pCMLI2U

Bryan Cantrill talking about Jails and Solaris Zones
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.