[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Telegram at least more secure than Whatsapp? I would use
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
Is Telegram at least more secure than Whatsapp?

I would use Signal but literally nobody uses it.
>>
>>53289636
>Phones
>Security
Enjoy your botnet.
>>
>is [portable spying device application] secure
>>
>>53289636
no
>>
you're barking up the wrong tree, /g/ doesn't use software that has a logo, or from this millennium
>>
>>53289636
Telegram is even less secure than Whatsapp, since they use their home-build encryption protocol.

Here is a research involving MTProto (Telegrams encryption protocol)

Nevertheless it's easy to use on multiple devices and sharing media. A thing Whatsapp lacks big time.
https://eprint.iacr.org/2015/1177.pdf
>>
>>53289636
no
>>
>>53289703
>/g/ doesn't use software that has a logo, or from this millennium

/g/ is mostly normie
>>
>>53289708
another point to Telegram: you don't need to give your phone number in order to add a contact. this improves security not of the transmited content, but in order to avoid social engineering attacks
>>
>>53289636
the secure chats could be, but they roll their own crypto which is retarded. the normal chats are not secure at all.
LibreSignal however is most likely secure but doesn't have a decent and cross-platform desktop client yet.
>>
According to the EFF (ie. the people whose opinion matters) in private mode yes it is
>>
I heard about this a few weeks ago, but have not tried it.
Anyone have any experiences with this?

I wanted to post a dumb frog, but thought this would be more useful.
I'll make up for it later, thought.

- regards, dfp
>>
Use signal
https://www.privacytools.io/#im
>>
>>53291589
It's cancer
>>
>>53291614
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>53291629
Signal requires google play services and it's made by a fucking jew.
>>
>>53291663
>what is LibreSignal
>>
>>53291688
A clusterfuck
>>
so, I see everyone has an objection for all the apps mentioned, then which one is the recommended?
>>
>>53291663
>Signal requires google play services and it's made by a fucking jew.

This is actually true.
>>
>>53291882
LibreSignal, autistici (lol), Chat Secure, SMSSecure
https://prism-break.org/en/categories/android/#instant-messaging
>>
>>53291882
None of them. You have to use the one people are willing to use with you. That's it.
>>
File: 1454139789001.png (18 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1454139789001.png
18 KB, 640x480
>>53291748
Only for the moment, and only if you need the -websockets support.
I think I've had to be the person who, in every single thread, has to mention that microG exists, and that Signal (as well as many other apps requiring GCM/"Push Messaging") can indeed work on a device with neither Google Apps installed nor a Google Account configured.
>>
>>53291882
Setup an XMPP server yourself, then use an XMPP client that has OTR plugin.

Exchange public keys with the other party, then manually PGP encrypt messages you don't want other parties to read.

Or just use email. If you setup K-9 Mail with APG, K-9 mail will handle encryption and signing almost seamlessly.

Alternatively, if you don't hate Blackberry, they offer security solutions that carries certifications from DoD:
http://us.blackberry.com/enterprise/products/bbm-protected.html
http://us.blackberry.com/enterprise/products/secusuite-enterprise.html
BES12 also has a setting that internally will encrypt your email messages using PGP keys, as long as all parties submit their keys.
Of course, these all will cost you... per device per year.
>>
>>53291949
The issue is not google play services per se but routing all the traffic through google servers for no good reason (except moxie being a fucking kike).
Using microG or whatever the fuck a currynigger from XDA came up with last month is not gonna change anything, Signal is and always will be shit.

>>53292084
>Setup an XMPP server yourself, then use an XMPP client that has OTR plugin.
In this case one can probably also don't bother at all to setup end-to-end encryption since the people who use the service also physically own the server.
>>
>>53291920
Sad truth. I wish more of my friends would use Telegram
>>
>>53292213
>tfw everyone i want to write with uses either telegram or both telegram and signal
having real friends sure is nice
>>
>>53292269
I hope your head catches fire
>>
>>53292269
I wish my friends knew what Signal was.
>>
>>53292377
well most actually don't but at least my gf and a few of my more tech literate friends do.
>>
>>53289703
/g/ uses software only because of the logos you fucking pleb
>>
>>53289636
its cuck material
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.