[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OnePlus X?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2
File: hero-crafts.jpg (49 KB, 1860x1045) Image search: [Google]
hero-crafts.jpg
49 KB, 1860x1045
What does /g/ think of the OnePlus X?
>>
>has a microsd slot
good phone
>>
>Chink
>>
>>53278735
this
>>
>>53278735
>has a screen
Good phone
>>
>>53278780
The microsd slot is more important. Hell, I would be tempted to buy a phone without a screen if it at least had a microsd slot.
>>
>>53278819
this
>>
I have had it since beginning of December, and honestly, it’s a really good phone for that price, in my opinion. I have a normal use of it, with occasionally some games, and so far I haven’t had any issue with it, very smooth.

Also: >>53278735 >>53278819
>>
>>53278758
>almost every phone is made in China
>>
>>53278717
I have it and its pretty good. But dont try to make videos in lower light (or indoors) except you enjoy 10fps videos.
>>
>no LTE support for AJew&Jew or VerJewzion
>>
>>53278819
>/g/
>>
File: nope.jpg (167 KB, 1024x1169) Image search: [Google]
nope.jpg
167 KB, 1024x1169
>no NFC
>no 5 GHz Wi-Fi
>no 11ac Wi-Fi
>no OIS
>no wireless charging
>no 4K video recording
>no USB-C
>no rapid charing
>no removable battery
>no LTE band 7 or 12 support

What do I think of the OnePlus X? One word will suffice:

>nope
>>
>>53279858
>no gimmicks

Oh no!
>>
It's shit.

If you're going to get a chinkphone go at least for Xiaomi.
>>
>>53278717
I bought one a few weeks ago. Upgraded from a somewhat similar but broken nexus 5.
I like it, no complain, cheap, does what I need.
The hardware is actually pretty slick.
>>
bought one few days ago, great phone
>>
I have one.
It is great.

For phone in that price range.

I have a job (!!!) so I use the 2 sim slots.

Its nice and fast.

the vibration motor could be louder though, I often don't hear notifications
>>
>>53280366
>>53280299
>>53278910
I hear a slew of complaints, mainly about bugs and the camera. Are you guys having any problems with those?
>>
>>53280401
everything was fine, don't know about camera its not great but its fine on light i guess
>>
>>53280401
camera is good enough. Not as good as camera on my precious telehpone Lumia 925. Based phone xD
>>
>>53280448
>>53280475

Are there any problems with Oxygen OS optimization? Any issues with updates?
>>
>>53280552
oh yes issues.
I can't update haha.
I rooted my device and everytime I download the update, and it asks te restart, it restarts to fastboot. And the update fails.
oops
>>
>>53280609
Oh wow
>>
>>53280552

>>53280609 dunno everything fine with mine
>>
>>53279858
>I want top tier features but without paying for them waaa!
>>
>>53278914
>Designed in California
>>
>>53279858
4K is overkill for a phone camera desu.
In a decade, sure, but not today.
>>
>>53280748
Wanna explain how removable batteries, rapid charging, or OIS, are gimmicks?
>>
currently own a oneplus X, nice phone, nice looks. front camera sucks, back camera is better, idgaf about taking pictures thou. Shits fast, battery lasts long enough.

with that said, i totally would have bought an ubuntu phone.
>>
>>53278717
Its a OnePlus one with a micro SD slot for more money. Good if you're upgrading from something truly shit but if you already have a opo or equivalent there's no real incentive.
>>
You better buy an oneplus one. Its less expensive. You can get one for 200$ USD. Even if you check for the SD card, take the 64gb version. They are not more expensive than 16gb on eBay.
>>
My gf has it, it's very snappy, the screen looks really good and seems pretty well built too.

Definately good for the price
>>
>>53279880
>5GHZ Wifi
>11ac wifi
>USB-C
>Removable battery
>LTE support
>"Gimmicks"

Nigger, are you trolling? Next you're going to tell me seatbelts, anti-lock brakes, tempered glass, and crumple zones are "car gimmicks".
>>
>>53280921
What's wrong with the front camera?
>>
>>53278717
What are you Indian or something?
>>
>>53281071
You can do without all of these in a budget phone in this price zone. None are necessary.
>>
>>53281344
its shit
>>
I like it, have had it since release. Running CM 13 getting average 5hr SoT with moderate usage. Ask away
>>
>>53281467
Would you reccomend?
>>
>>53281471
Yeah. At first I regretted it, thinking I should've got the 5X, but for what I paid this is bredy gud. Build quality is nice too

No plastic, but it's a real fingerprint magnet. I'm considering getting a spigen case or dbrand skin. So just remember that if you do chose to buy it
>>
>>53281403
Right, but when there are phones in the same price range that DO offer those things, it's a point worth noting.

Those aren't "gimmicks", those are standard features that any smartphone released in the last 4 years should have regardless of price. When fucking Boost Mobile and Tracfone android clones come with these features, there's no excuse to not have them.
>>
>>53278717
I've had one for a while now and still using.

It's good overall build and hardware, and can use the apps I prefer without any issues.
OS and general functionality is good.

For camera's rear is better than the front, but I haven't taken many photos with it though.

Big plus is that I can either have two micro sims or a micro sim with a micro SD card.
I use the later.

The phone can clearly be topped by more pricier phones or mainstream brands, but this phone in particular is good for the price and quality you get or at least it was when I got it early into first release.
>>
>>53278717
I don't understand One Plus phones. I thought there was this massive Cyanogenmod campaign that made One Plus phones awesome because it shipped with CM exclusively.
Wouldn't that make One Plus phones high-class, or are they just as bad as Indian Pajeet devs on xda forums and they managed to strike a deal with a Blu-phone-tier phone manufacturer?

I remember /g/ was shitting themselves over the original One Plus announcement.
>>
>>53278717
>glass back
this meme needs to stop
>>
>bought a OP2
>suddenly the OPX comes out
>then they drop the invite system for the OP2
>phone doesn't feel special any more
FUCK
>>
>>53281071
abs is for scrubs according to every racing game including the realist one.
>>
>>53280609
You have to update manually if you have a rooted phone.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.