[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New TempleOS / Terry A. Davis Video
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
File: TempleOS_012114.png (16 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
TempleOS_012114.png
16 KB, 640x480
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvL7T4gIJN8

What do you think? Are his demands fair? I kind of like the idea of replacing USB with high-speed 8-channel serial ports.
>>
TempleOS still exists? That shit should've died out ages ago
>>
>God said to create the operating system with 640x480, 16 colors display and a single audio voice
Wut
>>
>>53273047
Are you questioning the Lord almighty?
>>
>>53273047
>64-bit with USB support
>640x480x4 VGA
>Religion based OS
This shit should die.
>>
>>53273047
>implying anything else is really necessary
We've been spoiled by the luxuries of the modern computer era, a return to a simpler time is needed.
>>
>>53273127
Top post
>>
>>53272991
>>53273047
>>53273117
>2016 years since Good sent his son, our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, to walk among man
>still being a heathen
>>
>>53273127
So program in BATCH scripts and use Windows 2000 to do it.
>>
>>53273158
>2016 years since Good sent his son
>since Good sent
>Good
Laughed much harder than usual.
>>
File: cant wake up.jpg (18 KB, 203x186) Image search: [Google]
cant wake up.jpg
18 KB, 203x186
>>53272916
I had to stop the video i couldn't stop laughing
>>
>>53272916
Keeps saying the word "we"
>>
>>53273219
Symbolism for the user and Satan himself. They become one when using the Temple OS.
>>
>>53272916
>over the centuries
>>
>>53272916
>we're not doing 8-bit, the oriental countries are just screwed

MY SIDES
>>
>>53273264
>TRUMP SAYS WE DONT WIN THAT MUCH
TERRY A DAVIS CONFIRMED TRUMPETTE
>>
>>53272916
oh god, when he starts oracling at the end
>>
>>53273346
>not having a built-in holy oracle hotkey in your OS
>>
>>53272916
Why are people making fun of him?

He actually developed an OS from scratch. What have you done yourself /g/?
>>
>>53273158
It's actually been 2015 years, because there is no year 0
>>
>>53273127
Just use an exclusively console build of Linux.
>>
>>53273127
To be honest, vidya and video aside, I'm not seeing any reason why a 10 year old computer couldn't handle doing all the shit people do these days with their phones that are the equivalent of a fucking supercalculator of 10 years ago.

Yet they struggle with it. Why is it sending each other 160 character messages requires a quad core wtih 8GB RAM? Something really wrong happened with computers.
>>
>>53275078
It's an OS designed to be crippled.
I actually wrote useful things, considering I work as a programmer.
>>
>>53275503
>Something really wrong happened with computers.
Software has way more fluff to it. Websites have shadows, animations, videos playing in the background. Go check a mediocre news site and watch how much your modern machine bogs down with all the SHIT it loads. Even 4chan is a little hefty when you have 4chan X parsing the whole page in JS when it loads. But a simple site, or a simple program, without tons of shit will run with almost no resources consumed.
>>
>>53275560
He himself said it isn't a daily driver OS, and never was intended to be. It is basically a commodore 64, a hobbyist system built to learn things. You being a code monkey is also nothing compared to his masters degree in electrical engineering. The guy was outrageously talented until his condition worsened in the late 90s He even made a 3d printer in the early 90s but couldn't raise enough capital for it to take off.
>>
>>53275661
Making a lot of assumptions there, anon.

All I see he has is a useless crippled OS no one in his right mind would use.
>>
>>53272916
this is why all you are autistic

loonix faggots
>>
>>53275682
Few quick searches can verify what I said about him and the OS, his story is simply a case of life smashing someone down in their prime as is the case with schizophrenia. Basically a healthy adult one day hears voices in their head so they change their religion and take the project OS they were working on and completely redesign it to be a temple to their psychotic delusion.
>>
>>53275503
It's funny you mention that, because I use a 10 year-old Thinkpad as my "bathroom computer". It's a Core 2 Duo and it fucking CHUGS. I put in a spare SSD and that helped it out a little, but there's a lot of strain just loading something like Facebook or Tumblr. I was using it to play video for a while but it desyncs on 1080 videos now.
>>
>>53275801
Okay. So I am laughing at him because he is insane and has created nothing of value. Is there a problem?
>>
>>53275867
It's not nice to laugh at crazy people
>>
>>53275898
It is here.
>>
>disparaging a Christian operating system on a Christian anime board
>>
>>53275925
My pastor said I should stay away from anything Terry when I inquired. It's a self-proclaimed Christian operating system.
>>
His tweets are insane and hilarious, calling out the FBI and "niggers".
>>
>>53275503
Web browsers (and the web in general) have become total crap in the past decade. Used to be you could browse most places without even javascript enaled. But now they force that shit everywhere, just to be sure you're loading their ads and spyware/tracking shits. Also, all the FB/G+/etc buttons all over the fucking place.

on top of that, you have Firefox getting taken over by SJW, and the removal of old functionality and easy configurability I don't run that shit anymore, when it started to get noticeablly slower, I just moved on to another browser (Xombrero).

Anyway, he has good ideas, but the industry will never bow to him. They don't care about clean design and simplicity. They care about control and money, and forcing consumers into endless upgrade cycles.
>>
>>53275560
>considering I work as a programmer.
Oh wow, he works as a programmer. Stop the fucking presses! We found a programmer.
Seriously, you're about as common as mud these days. And unlikely to be half as good as Terry Davis. If you think so, let's see your OS and compiler projects that you wrote entirely from scratch. Yeah, you don't have that do you? Because you're just a lamer pretending to be a hot shot.
>>
>>53275835
You have to upgrade, goyim.
>>
>>53273264
>>we're not doing 8-bit, the oriental countries are just screwed
>MY SIDES
same.
~ 00:08:00 for those who care.

>>53273331
BUILD FIREWALL
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.