[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I made a thread last night about looking for a new bag to ca
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: 87236487326482.jpg (98 KB, 1063x814) Image search: [Google]
87236487326482.jpg
98 KB, 1063x814
I made a thread last night about looking for a new bag to carry all my shit in and I had a power cut and missed the thread. What I said was something along the lines of:

Alright /g/, with all the recent EDC threads I've seen lately I've started looking for a new bag to carry all my shit in to work with and was wondering what you guys use? I normally carry:
>X220
>Backup battery for phone
>Assortment of cables and connectors
>Zalman ZM-VE350
>External CD drive for emergency's
>External HD
>Other stuff

I'm also looking for a good laptop case that can also hold stuff like cables and keep my stuff safe. Was wondering if there are any good brands to look for? I've been using a shitty backpack from amazon and Its falling apart. I'm sort of looking for something with a GRID-IT style organizer to help with all the stuff I need to carry.

I've been looking at this http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0001P0ISI/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1WUJHRKZDGTTC&coliid=I2VR55XW5GGDQ1 due to all the compartments and bungees to secure cables it looks good but it also looks weak and "soft" if I drop it or it gets banged.

What do ya think /g/? What do you use to carry all your shit?
>>
Any of you faggots use a hard or soft case for your laptop?
>>
>>53259268
i go bareback :^)
>>
>>53259290
You gotta use protection senpai
>>
Come on /g/ where the fuck are you? I'm asking for your advice, if this was a EDC thread you faggots would be chomping at the bit to show all the other autistic fags in here your "cool" stuff and how you carry round guns
>>
File: solid grey black.jpg (92 KB, 495x617) Image search: [Google]
solid grey black.jpg
92 KB, 495x617
>>53259470
Don't get a messenger bag unless you want to look like a faggot. Get a hard-shelled backpack.

If you want to look super edgelord get this Solid-Gray one.

https://solid-gray.com/store/
>>
>>53259538
I'm not trying to be undetectable to radar so I can pirate without the NSA seeing me, I just want a good laptop case and bag to hold all my stuff.
>>
>>53259557
Then find one you like sperglord

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=hard+shell+backpack
>>
>>53259208
Get a Wenger bag.

Been using this one for work for a few months and it still looks good as new.
Houses my X201 and a few other bits, can't fault it

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wenger-WA6274-1904007-Laptop-Messenger/dp/B0050BZD7Y/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1456831013&sr=8-2&keywords=wenger+bag
>>
>>53259569
Nigger, anyone can lookup shit on amazon. I'm looking for advice from somebody who has the same needs as me or owns a bag that they would recommend. Not somebody to google shit for me and then just post it.
>>
>>53259470
ask in an EDC thread then
>>
>>53259470
also don't ask 5am, it's slow at this hour.
>>
>>53259594
Looks good, are the straps strong? They look like they are made of plastic.
>>
Use this myself: http://www.amazon.co.uk/5-11-Delivery-Tactical-Shoulder-Black/dp/B004D1R7VC/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1456831146&sr=1-2-catcorr&keywords=5.11+messenger+bag

Works great. Has MOLLE for addons and extra bags.

I generally keep some tools as well as my tablet. Sucky thing it has to be evenly distributed as it's easy for the bag to bulge out.
>>
>>53259602
>>53259604
>>53259610

"I want someone to spoon feed me suggestions because I'm too much of an assmaster to do product research without someone specifically telling me what to buy"

>/g/
>>
>>53259610
I'm a britbong its like 11:21 here.
>>
>>53259620
why did you quote the bottom two posts? They're not OP, they're responding to him
>>
File: 1456461157404.png (20 KB, 527x678) Image search: [Google]
1456461157404.png
20 KB, 527x678
>>53259621
TFW other countries and timezones exist
>>
>>53259621
that's great but the majority of 4chan is American. It's currently 6:23 EST and everyone is asleep. Except for me because I work night shift. You won't get heavy traffic for another hour or two
>>
>>53259629
Reiteration
>>
>>53259615
>>53259208
Same guy here,

I have pretty much the same things you do in the 5.11, except instead of the X220 I have a surface tablet.

Tons of pockets so I can easily sort out any spare cables and connectors. Construction of the 5.11 bag is extremely good as well.

>inb4 shill
>>
>>53259620
I don't want anyone to spoon feed me anything, I posted a bag that I have seen and I like. I'm asking /g/'s opinion of it and what other users on here use. Its not that hard to understand. Perhaps you could be a productive member of the thread rather than a faggot like you normally are.
>>
>>53259643
Like I said to the other anon, are the straps on it strong? They look to be made of plastic
>>
>>53259656
Maybe you should pull the dick out of your ass and do some research on your own. It's not like products have review pages full of thousands upon thousands of personal experiences and videos and pictures. It's not like there are entire youtube channels and websites devoted to reviewing products in depth. It's not like anyone at /g/ would ever troll you by suggesting a terrible product.
>>
>>53259671
It's plastic but high quality heavy plastic. I looked for a nice bag with metal straps but couldn't find one that had the features and compared to the 5.11 for the price.

Straps are strong, I've been using the bag for the past couple months loaded with everything you described. The bag does not fully open however as it works more like a messenger bag so you need to reach in and dig shit out occasionally.

My only concern is the padded laptop part does not leave alot of space, works great for an ultralight and a tablet but probably not for a thicker laptop.

They do make different sizes so if the one I linked is too small you just need to do some digging and research on your own.
>>
>>53259208

>/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

>NOT YOUR PERSONAL CONSUMER REVIEW SITE

>NOT
>O
>T

>YOUR
>O
>U
>R

>PERSONAL
>E
>R
>S
>O
>N
>A
>L

>REVIEW
>E
>V
>I
>E
>W

>SITE
>I
>T
>E
>>
>>53259701
Once again I'm just asking for /g/'s opinion, I am currently and have done research for looking for a new bag but considering a portion of /g/ work in the real world they could maybe give me advice or an insight into what to look for. I don;t expect anyone to do anything for me. You seem to be finding this hard to understand, maybe this board isn't for you

>>53259729
Nigger, /g/ has a EDC thread nearly everyday and no one bats a eyelid.

Maybe if all you faggots could talk about what the topic is about and be helpful rather than shooting holes in it. This thread could be beneficial to everyone who is looking to replace their old bag or to anyone looking to learn something including yourselves.
>>
>>53259771
Nigger EDC threads are about stroking our dicks, not about consumer reviews, they're the same thing as battlestation threads. And nobody else needs the help because most people are capable of making their own purchase decision you fucking aspie.
>>
>>53259208
Better get yourself an UPS first, nigger.
>>
>>53259208
pic related is very bad for your back, get profi IT backpack (HP, Samsonite, etc.)
>>
just get a jansport you retard
>>
just make a goddamn edc thread and ask there

I want to post my EDC somewhere but I haven't seen a thread all day
>>
>>53259208
>>53259470
Whew, if only there were some kind of system where 4chan would automatically save threads... One could even call it "archives", but who knows where the fuck we'd get something like that!
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.