[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So my retina macbook's screen randomly shit the bed and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: macbook-select-gold-201501.jpg (140 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
macbook-select-gold-201501.jpg
140 KB, 1200x630
So my retina macbook's screen randomly shit the bed and Apple refuses to replace it under warranty because they consider it accidental damage.

The only accident was steve jobs never having been aborted. You can breath on this screen and it cracks.

$760 out of store repair, or $460 in store repair.

or $164 dollars aliexpress + tools 29 dollars ifixit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m_abWN7RXQ
>>
>>53254141
Would cost less to get a new Toshiba
>>
>>53254141
never had that problem with mine. Apple is fairly evil with their return policy, but it seems everybody here in the valley uses them so you just have to take the dick and buy a new one.
>>
I'm too poor to buy Apple products, but I bought a MacBook on credit and then I dropped it and how I'm butthurt: the thread.
>>
>>53254141
> all you have to do is push on the screen and it breaks
> push on the screen and it breaks
> push on the screen

are you retarded?
>>
You were putting a LOT of force and that screen..
You're retarded and don't deserve nice things since you're just gonna break them.
>>
>>53254141
> macfaggots will defend this

You fucked up by dropping that much money on something with literally no useful distinguishing factors.
>>
>>53254141
I work for a laptop repair shop, this kind of shit doesn't "just happen". Either the laptop was dropped, you applied some kind of pressure on it to break it, or it was accidental. Suck it up, admit you fucked up, and buy a new macbook like a good goy.
>>
>>53254443
Working for another computer repair place

Yes it does, depending on how the glass was fitted, or how shitty the glass is, a micro crack can eventually form into a bigger crack suddenly as its under pressure because it's chink made shit. Rare, but it happens.
>>
>>53254141

Should have got a Thinkpad OP.
>>
>>53254790
*should of
>>
>>53254812

Lol, nope.

>Should have should never be written "should of."

http://www.elearnenglishlanguage.com/blog/english-mistakes/should-have-vs-should-of/
>>
>>53254141
>no impact damage
It is quite obvious there was impact damage.
>>
File: jobss.jpg (40 KB, 375x648) Image search: [Google]
jobss.jpg
40 KB, 375x648
>>53254410
>>53254318
>>53254364
>don't hold it that way
>>
>>53254141
Don't buy a new screen from a no-name seller on aliexpress, you will regret it.
>>
File: basedmann.jpg (143 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
basedmann.jpg
143 KB, 1920x1080
>>53254141

Send it to ROSSMANN. He might even do a video on it since he's churning em out atm.
>>
File: 1452730119236.jpg (12 KB, 213x200) Image search: [Google]
1452730119236.jpg
12 KB, 213x200
>>53254271
>Toshiba laptop
>>
>>53254141
You were holding it wrong.
>>
File: eyesss.jpg (11 KB, 306x125) Image search: [Google]
eyesss.jpg
11 KB, 306x125
>>53254141
>retina macbook's screen randomly shit the bed
Applel, not even once.
>>
>>53255124
Although I agree, I have to say the mouthposting kind of removes your credibility
>>
>>53254857
>>53254812
I'm pretty sure he was baiting, or he is just really stupid.
>>
>>53254790
Then he'd have a cracked shell and screen
>>
>not having your shitbook under crapplecare
>>
>>53254141
>push really hard on screen
>it breaks
>hurr it's apple's fault
are you people really that retarded?
>>
>>53256627
>buy apple shit
>breaks because it's shit
>hurr it's user's fault
are you sheeple really that retarded?
>>
I've been buying macshit pros for years. Drop them, stack shit on them, even spilled drinks on them without issue.

It looks like you got mad and threw your mouse at it.
>>
>Drop iPhone down staircase
>Screen cracked and doesn't start
>Fucking Applel
>>
>>53254141
If you're unable to keep your sperg mitts from breaking laptops, then you should probably spent that 460 on a used toughbook.
>>
>>53256641
did you not watch the video?
did you not see how hard that autistic gorilla was pressing the screen?
>>
>>53254141
ITT: things that never happened
post a timestamp with your macbook
>>
>>53255022
I love this guy
>>
>>53254141
ITT: retard has gotten screen broken because of impact.
>Posts a video with a dropkick retard mexican fingering the screen
>>
>>53254141
So pay for it, poorcuck
>>
>>53254141
fix it yourself.
screens are easy to replace.
on normal laptops at least.
>>
>>53254141

you sound like a fucking dumb ass
>>
>tfw my 2011 rMBP still works perfect to this day
>tfw I accidentally close the screen on a fucking think metal pencil
>tfw no damage
I am no macfag but I am calling bullshit on your claims OP.
>>
>>53254790
>tfw modern Thinkpad can't even survive this same torture test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyJmcVh0E94
>>
>>53258296
Older macbook pros had much more aluminium on them. Retina ones are thinner and have much less aluminium
>>
>>53258370
That was a retina. Anyways the one that's being torture tested was a Steve Jobs era MBP. Most people couldn't tell them apart but the newer Macs are, not build the same for some reason. Kinda like the older IBM Thinkpad and the Lenovo Thinkapds, they are both Thinkpads, but then again they aren't.

I can kinda atest to this because I own both a rMBP and an IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad.
>>
>>53258296

Who watches this fucking garbage?
>>
File: you are wrong.jpg (11 KB, 261x208) Image search: [Google]
you are wrong.jpg
11 KB, 261x208
I'm a huge macfag but Apple can be massive cunts about out of warranty repairs.

My 2011 MacBook Pro was needed a logic board replacement about 2 years ago due to dedicated GPU fuckery (7 or so months before the repair program for this specific model and problem was launched).

It was $700AUD, which I paid because the computer was important for work.

After the repair program launch, I contacted them to (as per the repair program information) get a refund on the repair I had paid for, only to find that, despite exhibiting the exact symptoms they list on the repair page, I was not eligible for a refund as my system was suffering a different problem outside the scope of free repairs.

I argued it with them for a while, but eventually gave up.

Then I hear my retarded (hot) friend sat on her Macbook Air and they replaced the screen for free.

Fucking Macfags
>>
>>53258688
If you want the same treatment then get a Bernie Sanders sticker and slap it on the back of the MBP you are trying to fix. They will fix it for free. Afterwards take off the sticker and put on a Trump one right in front of them.
>>
>>53254141
>BREAKING NEWS
>If you push your screen in as hard as you can it breaks
>also, researchers found out that tea cups aren't good hammers

you new what you were signing up for when buying apple so suck it up. "easy repair" isn't exactly what comes to mind when thinking of this company
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.