[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: imgres.jpg (10 KB, 258x195) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
10 KB, 258x195
Registered a website to get into webdesign (just for fun) everything is working fine but now my entire name, mail, adress and phone can be found with who is services. Fuck.

How do i stop this clusterfuck? I dont care that my name is linked to the website but i care that my phone number and email are publical available.

HALP!
>>
>>53246639
pay for privacy protection on registers like godaddy or just put fake stuff if it's just for the lulz
>>
File: image.png (158 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
158 KB, 750x1334
>>53246639
Should have gotten Whois protection
>>
>>53246664
>>53246770

Will my data be deleted if i cancel the contract with my hosting provider? (have a 30 days money back garuntee)
>>
>>53246850
Don't think so, you should be able to add it to your account, or when you transfer registars. I got mine for 11¢ when namecheap had the .xyz sale.

Who are you with?
>>
>>53246898
a german provider called 1und1. Think i will delete my site anywas. I will get my money back, can erase my data from the web and avoid legal troubles (as it turns out my website name is exactly the same as a fucking animal food site (minus a number)).

What hosting servive can you guy recommend?
>>
.onion
>>
>>53246995
Apache ?
>>
>>53246995
>minus a number
****24.de? Ha. Fucking germans and their shitty 24 domains.
Also, why the fuck didn't you create a local webserver like every other sane person?
And why the fuck would you go to 1&1? They are cancer incarnate.
>>
>>53246995
The best way to avoid whois problems is using Tonga domains (.to), they dont have public whois databases, thats why torrent sites use them

https://www.tonic.to/
>>
>>53247035
Ay, i just wanna get a little bit into webdesign not start my own server farm :3!

>>53247007
A .onion domain on my resumee will make th job interview atleast more interesting. I guess.
>>
>>53246995
Maybe that can help, i don't exactly know what you are looking for.
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/GoodBadISPs
>>
>>53246995
Namecheap is good haven't had problems and their support is not shit either. It's well laid out as well
>>
>>53247050
All i want is to get into html/css and javascript (bonus points for my resume). Maybe later on a local server might be an option.
>>
Just hijack a few DNS servers
>>
>>53247139
None of that even requires a server. HTML, CSS and JS all run locally in your browser. You don't need a server unless you want to use PHP or other server-sided functions like databases.
Don't be an idiot.
>>
>>53246639
use iwantmyname.com

as cheap as godaddy, all the features youre missing, shit just werks and isnt bloated, devs are smart and responsive
>>
>>53246995
1and1 are fucking cancer mate

You shouldn't have any trouble adding private whois to your contract or cancelling it altogether though. Once your domain expires your data is not visible anymore (I don't know if it's saved in records somewhere, but it's not readily available for the public in the same way).
>>
>>53246995
.nl doesnt show whois information besides an email (from march on).
>>
>>53246995
I use gandi.net

They use free privacy protect and only show your name. Because the name proves it's yours.
Plus they use Google Authenticator if you wish.
>>
>>53246639
Do you have anything to hide, anon?
>>
>>53247247
Yeah but i like to see how my website is doing on mobile devices (aka my smartphone) and its pretty noice to show mommy what a leet hacker i am.

>>53247387
>>53247402
not possible. I have a .com domain and the 1und1 support told me that there is no whois protection.

>>53247567
n-no m-mr. NSA, Sir.
>>
>>53247681
Then just host a simple XAMP or some shit on your desktop, you can access it from any device (including phone) in your private network/WLAN
>>
You should have bought your domain name from a site that offers free/extremely cheap WHOIS protection

>>53246664
>GoDaddy
Fuck no
>>
File: image.png (828 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
828 KB, 750x1334
>>53247681
Scrap it and use namecheap. They have a sale right now
>>
>>53248480
>get a "lastname.xyz" for $1 or something
>don't even use it
>>
>>53248480
thats... actually cheap. My old service cost 15€ registration fee + 3€ each month.

Even the hosting service on namecheap is only 9 bucks a year... noice!
>>
>>53246639
You're information is already leaked, there are tons of websites that scrape data like this and you're now on one of those lists.

You probably already have been for a while anyway. If anyone has your number saved in their address book with your name, it's already a lost cause.
>>
>>53246639
>>53246995
>a german provider called 1und1
I went through the same exact shit like you OP
Sites like domaintools keep whois records and offer them to paying subscribers. I'm sorry but your data will forever be stored somewhere on the Internet.
Keep the damage low and stop using the email you gave them to register your site to.
>>
>>53246995
This
>>53247105
Namecheap is one of the better places to buy a domain name.
>>
>>53248642
>>53248592
It goes to regular price after the first year, and it's what I did. Nothing.
Mangasearch.xyz
>>
>>53246664
>his domain registrar doesn't include that for free

holy shit
>>
>>53247681
.nl doesn't need whois protection senpai

Just like .eu (which requires European citizenship, unlike .nl) the whois protection is done at registry level due to privacy laws.
>>
if you care about SEO at all (meaning you want to encourage traffic to your website) an unprotected whois reflects positively on your domain and makes it more likely to appear
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.