[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I need a new phone and I heard these are only $30 right now,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 6
So I need a new phone and I heard these are only $30 right now, is this phone any good?
>>
For $30 it'll get the job done. OS isn't that bad, but it could be much better. I believe you can upgrade the 640 to windows 10 mobile as well, but don't quote me on that.
If you're just doing calling, texting, and web surfing its fine.
>>
No, it's shit (both in hardware and software). lg volt is $60 on amazon. get that
>>
>>53223524
This

If you need more apps (aka android) then get the Moto E which varies around $50
Very good phone for what it's worth
>>
>>53223654
It doesn't have camera flash though...
>>
>>53223529
>>53223654
Are people seriously recommending cheap androids? It's like telling anon fuck a cheap prostitute in thailand with hiv
>>
>>53223769
10x better than no apps. The lg volt is actually pretty decent for the price. It has camera flash too.
>>
Get an iPhone 4s. There are just about 50$ nowadays and much better than windows phone.
>>
>>53223913
Not really and they make people think you're a homosexual. Maybe OP is a homo, idk.
>>
>>53223492
I have one, I like it, media player sucks you use zbox or another one.
>>
>>53223926
Reporeted for homophobia.
>>
>>53223971
lol
>>
>>53223529
i had the Volt.

fucking dont.

slowest goddamn phone in my life. get a dumbphone instead if youre dropping this cheap.
>>
>>53223913
i want to get one but they only have 8 or 16gb at retails here.
And ebay or craigslist is out of the question.
>>
>>53223492
no apps, fucking slow, but probably the best you can do for $30
>>
>>53223492
>>53223529
LG Optimus L70 is better imo. Pretty fast and I bought it for $70 AUD.
>>
>>53225244
LG optimus L70 with current android version available for it, are ya able to get instagram and snapchat on it?
>>
>>53225244
L70 is worst than crap. To be hones All LG except for the top line are crap.
For $30, hell even for $60 or $80 L640 is great. Battery life is great, great camera. You can't buy better new phone for $30 bucks.
>>
File: index.jpg (2 KB, 142x123) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
2 KB, 142x123
>>53223492
don't buy and android crap.
i lost 1 hour just to find fucking alarm app under 15 mb without a(i)ds.
if you buy androshit take a vacation to root it,unlock it, remove a(i)ds and all shitware.

it is like you buy a new car and your fucking radio is 24/7 ON and locked on commercials, selling shit, radio evangelism etc,etc, engine is limited to 12mph and fuel tank to 12 litres. Trunk is also welded in factory.

FUCK THIS BITCH SHIT!
>>
File: images-20.jpg (21 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
images-20.jpg
21 KB, 470x313
>all this retards recommending lagdroid to OP

Either kill yourself or post on >>>/toy/

This is the technology board
>>
Don't get a windows phone, there are very little apps for it and the few that exist suck balls. This is coming from an ex lumia 640 owner.
>>
File: 1456595952847.jpg (401 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1456595952847.jpg
401 KB, 1920x1080
>>53223529
>unironically recommending bloatdriod phones on sub $100 hardware
You are cancer, pic related.

OP, get the 640. Its smooth as fuck on both Win8.1 and Win10, and it just fucking werks. I wouldn't be upset if I wasted $30, but $60 is pushing it.

>>53223810
>muh underage-fapchat and nigger apps
And you droidfags act like flash is some new luxury standard.

>>53224860
>slow
Lol no. At least it tells you when its loading instead of lagging the fuck out and shitting the bed every time you open a new app.
>>
>>53228420
>no apps
>>
>>53228370
this
>>
>>53223769
>cheap androids

Well, if you are not a retarded manchild, you know that cheap androids run just fine for 90% of the tasks you need them.
Some minor lag while starting apps can occur, but for 60$ nobody gives a dick about that.

I have a 89€ acer, really good for that price. Never let me down.
>>
>>53228240
>alarm app
>what is fdroid

Nigger, you have an alarm already on your phone, but let me guess, you have special needs.
You need cartoon ponies, singing on your phone to wake you up, faggot.
>>
>>53228420
>$100 hardware

Acer
1 gig ram, quad 1.3, 4.4 android, 8 MP, 2000mAh swappable battery, dual sim and sd card slot
>89€

Well anon, i think you have no clue what the hardware really costs and that higher prices mostly are brand name tax.

The lumia will work just fine, i had one for 2 weeks, ui is very fast for low specs, never had a problem, the no apps bs is just manchildren who are missing their games.
There are apps for most of the taks you need.
But for 30$ i would not give a flying fuck if there was some bs missing.
>>
Just checked the price of this lumia in mu shitcountry , god damn you americunts have it easy , that phone is 160$ here and thats the 8gb version
>>
is DOOGEE F5 any good?
pls respond
>>
I just bought a 640 for £150 last week fml

It's fucking good tho, no apps means no shit apps.
>>
Is there a website or something where one can look up the APN settings for different carriers?
>>
For under 100 bucks (hell under 60 bucks) your best bet are chinkphones OP. My Xiaomi Redmi 2 cost $60 shipped from a local importer. I considered WP phones before, but the noapps is NOT a meme OP. Shitty versions of messaging apps, poorly optimized ports, no updates whatsoever even on first party apps, shitty music apps, shitty browsers, and many other annoyances. I used a Lumia 535 and that was my experience.
>>
>>53228240
compatibility libs for new features jack up the app size. But really nigger, don't get an Android phone and leave the stock crap on, put an AOSP ROM on. Or get a phone from someone that doesn't rape the ROM, like a Nexus or Moto phone (really good stock ROMs for both), but those won't be cheap like OP wants.

>>53227414
They are and LG doesn't support them well either
>>
>>53228763
You do realise that's too much money for a Lumia 640, right? For that price you could have got a Redmi 3 or similar.
>>
>>53223769

Cheap android devices are only slightly worse than expensive android devices. It's like getting murdered by stabbing vs shooting. Both are terrible.
>>
On another note
I want Google fi but I have to wait 6 months to wait for my Sprint contract to end. Is it worth it? My moto x is shitting itself on a daily basis now I could factory reset AGAIN to try to make it decent..
>>
>>53228538
>>53229075
>calling me a nigger
>buying crap

hey fags, i work for my money and therefore i don't have the time for gutting new "le smartphone".

go outside, the sun is shining
>>
>>53229224
Come back when you actually speak understandable English.
>>
>>53229266
>Come back
sure
lel
>>
Just go for the 640
>>
>>53223492
Windows Phone phones are the best cheap phones. They don't lag as bad as the cheaper android phones do.
>>
>>53223492
Where can a cucknadian get this for $30?

Also how does it compare to a q10 which I have right now but is fucking retarded because the phone shuts off if you put it down too quickly and the battery suddenly drains overnight sometimes.
>>
>>53223492
I've been thinking of picking one up to play with Windows phone.

Don't listen to these faggots, budget doesn't always mean bad. I picked up a ZTE Maven from Walmart for ~50 bucks when my S4 shit the bed and it's been a solid little device. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but it's handled everything I threw at it, with the advantage of being more durable than any flagship that I've owned.
>>
I only got one because it has band 7 which I will need when I go to Europe, otherwise the moto e I unlocked it far superior and I got it for $10
>>
>>53229370
Yeah man, same here. I want to buy a 520 or a 640 and play around with it.

I just want to try out something new, you know?
>>
>>53229224
My current phone is a 6P. Last was a Moto X. Like i said get something from a non-rapey company. I buy crap phones for giggles. Sometimes it's useful to have a spare $30 phone - for example, gluing a magnet to the back, sticking it on the fridge, and syncing the grocery list with my roommate.
>>
>>53229224
>time for gutting new "le smartphone".

What are you talking about here, faggot?

I also work for my money and that is why i don't like throwing it away on stuff that hardly matters to me. A phone is just a tool for cheap communication. Stop being so fixed on expensive phones, you goy.

There is nothing hard about learning the market.
You just remember some specs that you need and keep the ram consumption in mind.
>>
I'm thinking of getting Galaxy J5. It's cheap and seems good enough. What does /g/ think?
>>
File: Gordon_Tarman.jpg (52 KB, 640x478) Image search: [Google]
Gordon_Tarman.jpg
52 KB, 640x478
>>53228240
>>
>Cheap Androids
Ugh.
>>
>>53229566
>cheap
>185€
>1.2 GHz Quad-Core-Prozessor
>1.5 gb ram

wow, nice ancient cpu samsung is trying to sell you for crazy prices.

Meanwhile you get chink phones with a lot better specs for the same price or less.

My phone has a 1.3 ghz q core and 1 gig ram for only 89€, camera is only 8 mp, but who gives a fuck?
It's 100€ less.
>>
>>53229326
THIS. I have a Nokia Lumia 630 DS and it's amazing what it can do on its broke-ass specs.
>>
>>53229655
Thank you for the tip on what to buy.
Bitch.
>>
Obvious shilling thread
>>
>>53229795
>Obvious shilling thread
Love for Windows Phone tech = shill?
Since when?

Seriously, it is such a niche thing that if we don't get to post about it here on 4chan, our only other choice is listening to the AAWP podcast.
>>
>>53229822
>hey guise buy windows android is shit
>windows is so good I sweah
I got a $10 moto e that >>>>>> windows phone
I bought one anyone because it has bands that would work in the UK and android phones here with those cost over 100
>>
>>53223492
where is it 30$?
>>
>>53229760
Your welcome.
I am not going to spoonfeed some faggot like you. You are obviously too dumb to notice that a 1.2 gig cpu is outdated as fuck for that price.
>>
>>53223492

Let's put it this way.

It'll be much better than a $30 Android phone.

If you're going for the destitute smartphone then WP is an excellent choice. Anything beyond that and you're a dumb fucking nigger for supporting this abortion OS. Get some money and buy a Xiaomi Redmi or something. Fuck.

Source: I owned a 920 for 2 years.
>>
>>53229077
I do now.

But I'm happy with it anyway. If you had told me it was twice the price, I would have thought that I had a great deal, rather than the full price being a rip-off.
>>
>>53229947
Sorry, but I hate the Android UI. My employer gives me an iPhone for work (sadly, work only). I am too cheap to buy an iPhone for myself, so I bought a WP8.1 instead, because Android always seems broken. Just weird stupid broken. It's a personal taste thing. I'm glad you like that Android stuff, but it's not for everyone.
>>
>>53229993

You could just change the launcher though?

Whatever. I used WP for years and I know there are good sides to it. After awhile I just got tired of the oversights.

I'd get an iPhone too if they just made a new iPhone 5s.
>>
>>53230108
Yeah, I don't know what I'll do in the future. Windows Phone 8.1 was the high-point for the platform. From all reports, WP10 is like a crappy beta with half the features not working and a confusing half-Windows10 half-Android UI that pleases no one. Sigh.
I like the bright displays of those Samsung phones with the display wrapping around the edge of the phone, but Android, oh Android, why do you suck so hard?
>>
>>53230108
What is this weird misconception some guys have?

Changing the launcher absolutely doesn't change shit. Your camera remains the same. The stock apps remain the same. The notification bar, the settings...everything remains as it was before.

android has bigger problems than UI
>>
>>53230195
>Changing the launcher absolutely doesn't change shit
Thank you. That's my feeling too. If I had lots of time and little money (like most teen boys), then putting the effort in to turn Android into something tolerable would be ok. But I don't have that time. I want to pick up my phone and just have it work. Consistently. On Day 1 and on Day 720.
>>
>>53223492
get a freedom 251
>>
>>53228441
If he want a 30$ phone, I guess he just doesn't give a single fuck about application. As long as he has Facebook, and an agenda
>>
>>53228240
>alarm app
>just click on the clock on your homescreen
being this tech illetrate
>>
>>53223492
My mum has one. It's good for the price but windows phone feels more like a feature phone than a smart phone due to lack of apps. You can't argue for the price tho and it's a solid semi-smart phone
>>
>>53230269
Here Maps is probably the killer app on Windows Phone. if you aren't using it, then you are seriously missing out: Download maps to any part of the world you want for free, then use your phone as a Navi/GPS when you drive around. It's free and it's awesome.
Here Maps has (sadly) been brought to Android and iOS, so it's no longer a unique thing, but the app still does run better on WP than those other platforms. It evens runs on a WP with 512MB of RAM, total. How awesome is that?
>>
What's with all the exaggeration on android?
>>
>>53230233
All memes aside, if i could get it in europe for a similar price, w/o the hassle of importing...i would get one.
I bet it would run the normie stuff just fine.
>>
>>53230329
I have no idea, fucking love the UI
Maybe the guy has one of those Alcatel one touch phones
>>
>>53230329
>What's with all the exaggeration on android?
Which posts? Pro or con?
>>
>>53223492
Get the lumia, There arent as many apps as on android but at least most of them arent aids. All in all a great phone for the price.
>>
>>53228240
THIS
H
I
S

>2016
>need to recharge erry 20hrs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAgZlwSGYE8
>>
>>53230486
Yeah, most of the apps on WP do what claim to do. They seem simpler and less feature-packed than either dominant OS (iOS or Android) but what you get it good.
>>
>>53223913
Or buy an actual decent phone for the same price.
>>
>>53228240
Alright calm your breasts sir
>>
>>53230461
Both. Android isn't so efficient, I had a cheap android for a while and even without much it chugged

But at the same time,
>android ui is way worse than the other two
>android has much larger problems that require ricing hard and configuration to fix

It's almost as bad as the shit flinging between windows and Linux where both sides lie and make mountains out of molehills
>>
>>53228324
>says Android phones are laggy
>probably can't even use half the memory on iShit without it lagging
Do you even own an iPhone? Because I did once and the lag was unbelievable. Ended up deleting half my apps and photos because it was so fucking slow.
>>
>>53229592
tbqfh he seems more incompetent than right
>>
>>53229822
More like they're shilling cheap lagdroid
>>
Walmart and best buy both have it for $30
http://mspoweruser.com/lumia-640-available-for-30-at-best-buy-and-walmart/
>>
It seems to be the most powerful phone for its price range.
>>
>>53223492
Are you poor? Get an S6.
>>
>>53228763
>no apps means no shit apps.

Doesn't MS artifically inflate their app market with crappy and rebranded apps so the number seems higher than it actually is? Pathetic
>>
>>53230329

Because muh lag is literally the only selling point Windows Phone shills have
>>
File: nokia-n9-homescreen-apps.jpg (130 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
nokia-n9-homescreen-apps.jpg
130 KB, 1024x768
>>53230656
You're a fucking idiot
>>
>>53228420
>it's not slow
>Its smooth as fuck
>it just fucking werks

>640

have you ever used a good phone in your entire fucking life?
>>
Don't buy Windows phones. No apps, shitty apps when they exist (even the default ones like alarms) and even the browser is shit so you can't just use mobile websites.

t. Former owner of two Windows phones
>>
>>53223492
Using one right now actually. i find that since the phone is so cheap I don't hesitate to get accessories for it. Overall though this was my gateway to Windows Phone and I think I like it. Yes app gap is there but I don't really give a shit, so far I've upgraded it to Windows 10 [this latest release runs great and has no issues] and I've got a wireless charging adapter waiting for this so I can mod the phone for qi charging. I've had the phone for 8 months now and I haven't looked back. I came from a Note 2 and was disgusted at Samsung's non-removable battery releases and get this instead.
>>
>>53223492
i actually have this phone

so critically bad

i feel bad for the windows phone team who just werent given the resources to do their job. you can see so many great ideas only half-implemented
>>
Bought this when i cracked my LG G2. Although the G2 had way more powerful Soc, SD 800 vs SD400 in L640, the experience was way better on L640. Even the simple things like scrolling through call history, phone book or SMS conversation was horribly choppy and laggy on G2, and i'm still baffled how the hell with all that HP under bonnet they managed to make typing on keyboard so unresponsive. Seriously using l640 was a balsam compared to G2. And I wont even go to camera comparison.
The only better thing on G2 was marginally better battery life and better screen (HD on L640 vs FullHD on a G2)
So unless you really need snapchat or some local bank app get L640 seriously.
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.