[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
martin shkreli >guy is a multi millionaire >smarter than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 5
File: fcPET43.png (755 KB, 1061x711) Image search: [Google]
fcPET43.png
755 KB, 1061x711
martin shkreli
>guy is a multi millionaire
>smarter than you are
>more alpha than you
>uses windows
why are u still using linux, /g/?
>>
He does it because he is a masochist.
Literally no point in doing that except if you are a gaymer or a literal retard that don't know how to install a proper OS.
>>
>>53221832
Windows 10, The Sociopaths OS
>>
>>53221832
because he plays games, and i don't.
>>
>>53221832
>martin shkreli
Who?
>>
>>53221832
Of course none of us should be impressed. Hedge fund managers are a dime a dozen on Wall Street. So are surgeons, etc.

You have a lot to learn when you only judge a particular area of work.

If you enjoy learning and derive pleasure in success everyday, you will be fine.

Such as myself.
>>
Yeah, not impressed. Making money doesn't equate to intelligence. Yes, a smart man business wise. Nothing much after that. Even so, same old typical scum strategies used to leverage more money with that little failure, "Turing Pharmaceuticals".

For the United States, it's as if you rolled this guy off a printing press as a clone.

He does have the survival mentality coming from immigrants, which seems to be a trait instilled by the parents somehow.

I only sound shrewd because you present it in a way that is as if to say, "look at this fine specimen under a microscope for a moment and ogle".
>>
>>53221832
isn't he getting sued the fuck out?
>>
Why? Because Martin has things he has to get done, and I don't
>>
>>53222398
That piece of shit is bringing up the trivial matter of the prices charged for luxury drugs. He not only should be sent to jail, but should be made an example of.
>>
>>53222585
This site is +18. Go back to Bernie Sanders' dank meme group.
>>
>>53222371
>>53222585

You kids are so misguided it's comical. His company is not producing any real profit off of the ancient and deprecated medication he bought. If individual patients can't afford it they are given it for free too.

The only people being "hurt" are insurance companies and it's such a small hit it's not even worth discussing unless you're an SJW trying to sensationalize.

Always hilarious to see retards think they understand a complicated industry.
>>
>>53222644
I want him put in jail for the SOLE reason of putting prices on Luxury Drugs in the media spotlight, especially during a presidential campaign. I don't care how much profit he makes.
>>
>>53221832
>more alpha than you
haha ok
>>
>>53222688
>I want him put in jail for the SOLE reason of putting prices on Luxury Drugs in the media spotlight, especially during a presidential campaign. I don't care how much profit he makes.

And I want to put retards like you in jail so you can't shit up this board any more. It's just as a valid according to your childish logic.
>>
martin shkreli fans
>i am a 18-25 year old white male
>i browse pua forums and often use the term "alpha male"
>i subscribe to mens rights subreddit
>i watch anime and mine litecoins on my gaming pc
>>
>>53222744

You can use this meme logic for anything that liberal media demonizes.
>>
>>53222718
And making a thread about Shekelli isn't shitting up the board?
>>
He's richer than I will probably ever be, which is impressive in some ways I suppose.

However, he is incredibly pathetic.
>https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/soloish/wp/2016/01/05/my-tinder-date-with-pharma-bro-martin-shkreli/
he's an autist who doesn't know how to interact with people
he's astroturfing and having people post, ugh, pro-Skreli comments and videos on Twitter and Reddit in order to try to sway public opinion on him

of course MRA betas would be in love with this guy. he's the pinnacle of what they're trying to be. he doesn't need to be interesting or creative or liked or attractive, but he's still rich and famous!
>>
>>53222886
>only incredibly autistic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI9jywQ4cgc
>>
>>53222644
This, I've only seen ignorant people upset about this.
>>
File: 1427479620434.jpg (68 KB, 530x600) Image search: [Google]
1427479620434.jpg
68 KB, 530x600
>>53222752
>le liberal media boogeyman
>>
>>53222922
I cringed so hard it was physically painful
>>
>>53222744
At least they're not fedora white knights like you
>>
>>53222922
nah this is some pretty well done irony
>>
File: img160227192543c650690583.jpg (85 KB, 600x478) Image search: [Google]
img160227192543c650690583.jpg
85 KB, 600x478
>>53221832
>TIDAL
>>
>>53223826
>only pretending to be retarded!
>>
>>53222644

Shunting the costs onto insurance does nothing but drive healthcare costs even higher, and ultimately falls back onto consumers anyway. Just because he's not directly dicking you doesn't mean that he's not contributing to the problem.
>>
>>53223917
Like spotify is better?
>>
>>53222644
>You kids are so misguided it's comical.
>proceeds to demonstrate being so misguided
lmao happens all the fucking time
>>
literally who?

sounds like a redditor, for redditors.
>>
>>53224796
ewgafhyweshjgf awe gfawe
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWd4-Z0xBos

>Martin Shkreli in a nutshell
>>
>>53221832
martin shkreli - PharmaBro
Stealing is easy.
>smarter than you are
Not really, he got caught.
>more alpha than you
He got a pretty mouth...
>uses windows
This I have no argument against.

My Plex server runs OMV, because I don't want to assign a license or spindle to it's OS.

>>53222077
> Literally no point in doing that except if you are a gaymer or a literal retard that don't know how to install a proper OS
> Literally
I don't think that word means what you think it means.
>>
File: DAQUAN.png (40 KB, 1405x233) Image search: [Google]
DAQUAN.png
40 KB, 1405x233
>>53221832
>martin shkreli
OH GOD OP My sides left this world.
>>
>>53226230
heh what a faggot
>>
>>53226230
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOJVXc8qVgE

k
>>
>>53226230
not understanding he was trolling and you fell for the b8
>>
>>53226683
This was a publicity stunt.
>>
File: 1456532010922.png (270 KB, 680x467) Image search: [Google]
1456532010922.png
270 KB, 680x467
>>53221832
>Went to prison
>Still fighting millions of dollars in fraud
>Obviously he's not that smart
>Cashes in on easy publicity by being "that dickhead"
>Going to get assfucked in prison for 20 years

I say this as a windows user.
>>
>>53226230
Why are people who use tripcodes so stupid?
>>
> multi millionnaire
> tidal

> rents music
> RENTS
> MUSIC
>>
>>53227429
Streaming services are just more convenient than buying
>>
>>53227452
Pirating is just more convenient than either.
>>
This sort of things always angers me as well, but the truth of the matter is that not everyone is into computers or even knows what they're doing, and so you get rich or intelligent people doing stupid things just because it's outside the narrow field they studied. You have to also understand that it was probably never a hobby of theirs. There are still some people who do unrelated things but are good with computers.
>>
>>53227467
Streaming service

>Type song name
>Click play

Pirating

>Have to go and find torrent
>Hope it has seeds (good luck if you're downloading obscure stuff)
>Download entire thing (or select song by song)
>Start playing music
>>
>>53227467
it really isn't
>>
>>53227488
It really is. Have you literally ever torrented something in your fucking life?
>>
>>53227487
You forgot.
>Find a good media player that doesn't turn to shit when you have more than 5000 songs loaded into it
>Spend 30 minutes importing all of your music
>Realize someone fucked up the ID3 tags at some point, or injected their shitty website into them
>Have to spend another 30 minutes fixing tags and arranging folders
>Have to resync your whole library because you changed the tags and folder structure
>Finally get to enjoy your music 2 hours later
>Have to manually load it onto an external device or stream it to your device with a third-party service
>Hope you have enough storage space/data/bandwidth
>>
>>53221832
because i'm not martin shrek
>>
>>53227487
You can't forget the process of signing up and paying for subscription based streaming services either.

And what happens when you stop paying anyway? Don't you like to actually own your music, anon?
>>
>>53227519
Signing up is just a quick one time thing. Ownership is irrelevant to convenience of finding and listening to music.
>>
>>53227519
>"Process"
>Literally just entering a credit card number
>Stop paying, go back to local music collection since I use both
>Probably won't ever stop paying because for the price of a cheeseburger a month I have instant access to every song I could ever want and it takes up no space and I can save them for offline play and the quality is always consistent
>>
>>53227499
no. pls explain the convenience :>
>>
>>53227487
>good luck if you're downloading obscure stuff

If it's obscure, it's not on your the streaming service.

Also:
> log on what.cd
> type *album* name
> download instantly
> play *album*

Listening to single songs if for plebs. Why do you hate music so much?

Also
> giving your money to the MAFIAA so they can push for more censorship of the Internet
>>
>>53227552
>> log on what.cd
>> type *album* name

You'd already have the music by this stage with a streaming program.
>>
>>53227559
Also, try this on your phone with nothing but 2 bars of 4G. I'll wait.
>>
Not anymore.
>smarter than you are
I'm not the one going to prison and facing a life of charges and being shat upon.
>more alpha than you
Is getting penetrated in prison considered alpha now?
Also he's Albanian. The niggers of Europe.
>alpha

>uses windows
I do too. I dualboot it with Linux.
>>
>>53227535
Ownership is always relevant when purchasing literally anything in life. Enjoy paying for things you will never actually own.

>>53227547
What's more convenient than being able to listen to YOUR music on your own accord, as opposed to paying some corporation for the rights to listen to THEIR music.
>>
>>53226230
he just "lost" that money because he's going to jail and saving it for later
>>
>>53227574
>Paying for things you don't actually own
Oh? You mean like:
>All software
>All games
>All movies
>All music (you don't own the music you own the right to play it privately)
>Pretty much all digital content ever made
>Future cars
>Any item with a license agreement
>>
>>53227574
>Ownership is always relevant when purchasing literally anything in life

Not relevant to the point which was "pirating is more convenient than streaming"
>>
>>53227568
Try pirating with no seeds

Same shit

>There are always seeds

There are always bars.
>>
>>53227574
not having to download all of it, and being able to play your music anywhere without losing space.
>>
>>53227625
I meant try getting on what.cd and torrenting an album when you're out in your car with your phone with just a weak 4g signal.
>>
>>53227559
>log on to (streaming program)
>skip ad
>another ad, this time unskippable
>pay 10$ for watching their ad
>close the popup
>search album
>it's just separate songs of it, track 7, 3 and 2 is missing
>>
>>53227590
Are you trying to argue that one cannot actually own digital media? Cause that's completely and objectively wrong.

If I store my media on my drive, and I own that drive, how is that any different from storing it on a CD or DVD instead? You literally can't, it's the same thing.
>>
>>53227642
No paid services are like this

>Spend months preparing for a what.cd interview
>Fail
>Have to use public sites

Hurrrr
>>
>>53227642
>Paying for a streaming service with ads
>Using a streaming service that's retarded

What the fuck do you use?

>>53227651
That's exactly what I'm arguing. 90% of the software you run, you do NOT own, you are simply buying a license to use it, read a user agreement sometime.
The same applies to music, movies, and games. You do NOT own the content, you own the RIGHTS to USE it, in a PRIVATE setting. That's why there's still FBI warning before movies telling you you aren't allowed to publicly show them, because you don't OWN them, you own the right to WATCH them privately at home.

Learn about digital rights, you don't own shit.
>>
>>53227660
What's your point? People stuck on streaming services are both poor and retarded?

>>53227590
> thinks copyright, a fake right, is ownership, an actual right
>>
>>53227590
>All software
I thought this was /g/
>>
>>53227574
>Enjoy paying for things you will never actually own.
But you don't actually own digital products.
You own the hardware that stores it, because that hardware actually has material existence and is a unique existence of a limited quantity in this world, but the software ain't.

Digital products (digital data) are defined as the lowest common denominator in the value system that revolves around "information" as a type of good, while "information" as a type of good is the lowest common denominator among resources, material goods, and even energy.
And among digital products, any software with the purpose of entertainment is the bottom of the barrel.
Programs and work software at least has a use. Digital entertainment is piss and shit. Humanity lived perfectly without it, vast swaths of Humanity today live perfectly without digital entertainment both intentionally and unintentionally, and Humanity will keep living perfectly without them even if it experienced them once and they disappeared.
>>
>>53222886
she literally said it was a good date
>>
>redditors here actually falling for his "trolling"
it's so obvious, but you are reddit after all
>>
>>53227703
>Thinks his bullshit arguments would ever fly in a court of law
Try telling the MPAA they don't have a case because you own everything and watch them assfuck you.
>>
>>53221832
>half shquip
kek
>>
>>53222166
Some guy who drastically raised the prices on a livesaving drug from around $14 a pill to $750.
He's basically a fucking dickwad.
"Martin Shekeli"
>>
>>53227738
Just because the MAFIAA can lobby lawmakers does not make the law legitimate.
>>
>>53227786
He also defrauded his previous company out of millions and now is facing serious prison time and is basically broke.

>>53227807
Be an edgelord on your own time, some people are adults.
>>
>>53227716
>feel bad for a loser who thinks flashing cash makes him cool
>claim it was a good date because you a) don't want to seem like you're making fun of someone on the spectrum and/or b) be a contrarian and not call Skreli like everyone else on the internet was at the time to get hits
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.