[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DRONE BAN WHEN?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 10
File: drones.jpg (54 KB, 658x462) Image search: [Google]
drones.jpg
54 KB, 658x462
DRONE BAN WHEN?
>>
>>53135146
hahaha I told the drone to kill itself and it actually did the absolute maddrone
>>
>>53135146
I don't see the fun in drones. I mean, from a private perspective. They are just fancy RC things.

Like. Why would you spend so much money on such a gimmicky thing? How have it gotten so big?
>>
File: dude.jpg (24 KB, 253x320) Image search: [Google]
dude.jpg
24 KB, 253x320
>>53135161
nigga they FLY
>>
>>53135173
So does RC planes but that never really became this huge thing.
>>
>>53135178
I'm quite sure rc planes don't have a "reverse" or hover.
>>
>>53135173
so? i had an rc helicopter when i was younger
it flew, yes, but it's not remotely as exciting as flying yourself

would have been neat if i could have put a camera on it, but this was ages ago, before digital cameras were tiny and cheap
>>
>>53135190
Well. No. But they are still just gimmicky RC planes, but for some reason they have become this new exciting technology that everyone with disposable income wants.
>>
>>53135206
>gets #rekt
>b-but it's almost the same!

yeah nah it isn't
>>
What the fuck is with all of these buzzwords?

RC planes and helicopters have been around for years. The only difference is cameras.
>>
>>53135224
you can't code a rc plane trip.
>>
File: TheMovieDestinedToNeverExist.png (225 KB, 562x297) Image search: [Google]
TheMovieDestinedToNeverExist.png
225 KB, 562x297
Pigeons and eagles can fly over 1,800 km. Maybe half that if you attach a plastic explosive charge to them. We are already capable of training them, and breeding them forcibly even.
How do you stop a weaponized pigeon and/or eagle from attacking literally anywhere on Earth?

How do you stop a messenger pigeon and/or eagle from sending encrypted terrorist messages and identify when and which are holding those messages?
>>
>>53135218
So are you saying the addition of two movement technologies that have already been around in RC helicopters for ages, was enough to bring this fairly niche and forgotten hobby into the cool new thing that everyone must get their hand on?

I mean. Look at this fucking thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5FqYiZb_5s
>>
>>53135146
Nothing of value will be lost if drones are banned. Drone pilots are dumbasses and not to mention, drones are a massive privacy violation.
>>
>>53135246
birds are trained by giving them food at the arrival location.

you can't just feeding eagles for months in front of the white house
>>
>>53135264
>you can't just feeding eagles for months in front of the white house
Chances are, they'd give you a honorary tour of the White House for doing exactly that.
>>
>>53135249
yes because today I have an app on my iPhone that has a button that says
"do a cartwheel"
>>
>>53135161
They're not all that expensive. You can get a decent drone for like $200, that's nothing for a hobby and there aren't many upkeep costs assuming you don't break shit flying dumb.

As for why it's so popular, probably because it combines multiple interets. It attracts RC hobbyists for obvious reason, it attracts photographers/cinematographers because the ever-improving cameras and gimbals has made high-altitude photography attainable by even casual users, it attracts tinkerers because you can build your own and customize them from the ground up, it attracts everyone else because it's new and popular and people like to feel a part of a group.

Shit's fun man, I don't see how it's any more confusing than half the other "trends" that catch on so hard.
>>
>>53135246
Effort and control. It takes way less effort to strap something to a device you can easily control than training a bunch of damn pigeons who can't even be properly taught.

Hell, the military has tried to make weaponized pigeons, and it didn't work all that well.
>>
>>53135272
yes and the second the white house explodes, they are on your ass.
>>
>>53135249
Point 1: You don't need to be a world champion now to fly your quadcopter at will.

It's kinda like video games got more popular after you didn't need to be able to handle a computer command line anymore...

Point 2: The relative stability of a quadcopter drone lends itself well to using the also somewhat new thing that are cheap video cameras that record or (-ALSO new for cheap consumer technology, it required better processors, codecs and bandwidth-) even stream good video to an amateur pilot.
>>
>>53135254
I r8 this b8 8/8 m8
>>
>>53135287
Are you assuming getting assed ain't worth exploding the White House?
Canadians would disagree with you.
>>
>>53135297
why don't you open your window and let my 1080p camera strapped to my drone enter?
>>
>>53135277
Fair enough.

>>53135282
I suppose it's more the fact that it's not especially new that surprises me.

>>53135291
>It's kinda like video games got more popular after you didn't need to be able to handle a computer command line anymore...
Funnily enough while console games were crashing the more complex PC's were still trucking along fine.

But I understand you.
>>
>>53135301
>Are you assuming getting assed ain't worth exploding the White House?

I am assuming bombing a puppet in a fancy house ain't worth my time.
>>
>>53135285
Using pigeons as a homing system for missiles actually did work fairly well. And yes, i couldn't believe it when i saw that shit, but it was documented as a technical success, just before electronic guidance took over and trashed it for the cost of time and effort and the encumbrance on the bomb size it too.
>>
>>53135318
It ain't about a puppet. It's about bombing the symbol.
You know how Americans are with symbolisms. They value it more than half their population.
>>
>>53135329
so we should rather bomb mc donalds?
gotcha
>>
>>53135306
And I'll blow your fucking drone out of the air because it's already been established in court that I own my airspace around my house and am totally within my rights to destroy anyone not authorized by the FCC to be in it. Some little prick was flying his drone by a dudes house and the guy blew it out of the air with a shotgun. Guess who walked away scott-free?

>>53135312
Just because it's not new, doesn't mean it isn't getting cheaper and more accessible, which is a big key to popularity.
Computers aren't new either but they sure did get popular over the past 10 years. Same reason.
>>
>>53135339
That would be doing the world a favor as a whole, so yes.
if possible we should torch are of them in existence.
Make a McHolocaust.
>>
>>53135345
What if I don't have a shotgun?
What if I live in a apartment?
>>
>>53135312
> Funnily enough while console games were crashing the more complex PC's were still trucking along fine.
Well, Atari, C64, DOS and Win 3.11 games also had tons of unstable examples. Alas, different topic.

As long as you got the idea... yea. It's just that even a beginner can fly this thing, which costs only ~$15:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUJJbKlmNwA

Arguably, that one has no camera yet, but you can get one with sufficient lift for a camera for like $50-200, and getting live transmission back to a screen at a fairly good range also does not cost much more $200 now. For $600, a drone will be fancy-able to automatically circle around your controller even if it moves and what not. Fun toys.
>>
File: areyouhappynow.jpg (53 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
areyouhappynow.jpg
53 KB, 604x604
>inb4 "I just bought a flying raspberri pi, what should I do with it?" threads
>>
>>53135360
Throw literally anything at it. Drones are probably the most fragile thing around. You could knock a drone out of the air and subsequently destroy it with a hardback book.
>>
>>53135345
If some asshole neighbor of mine is recording above my house or through my windows, his expensive toy is going bye bye.
>>
>>53135146
Link to solid fuel pellets?
>>
>>53135402
NO AHMED!
>>
>>53135381
So to stop people from potentially filming me I have to throw my possessions at it?

I don't want to throw my hardbacks out the window. Those things are expensive.
>>
>>53135413
>so in order to make thieves leave my house, I need a gun?
>>
>>53135407
What?
I want to make a clock that runs on solid fuel, there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>53135424
>>
>>53135422
So you agree drone use should be restricted then? Seeing as you are comparing it to burglary.
>>
>>53135454
negro I am calling for a fucking BAN
>>
>>53135413
Got bad news for you buddy, if people want to watch you, they already are.

We already have high-resolution zoom lenses capable of recording clear video from HUNDREDS of yards away. Someone could be watching through your windows from a block away right now and you'd never know. At least a drone has to be RIGHT THERE and they're super loud so you're pretty much always going to know.

Stop shitting on other peoples' interests because of something that will probably never happen to you.
>>
>>53135471
>this post brought to you by the National Security Agency
>>
>>53135235
Get a better RC. It's just a software change. They've had multi rotor helicopters for a while, dude.
>>
>>53135471
>Stop shitting on other peoples' interests because of something that will probably never happen to you.

Just because it doesn't happen to me doesn't mean I should be fine with a bunch of people wanking it to unsuspecting strangers.
>>
>>53135483
This post brought to you by fucking reality.

Here's a video from a fucking POWERSHOT, a shitty little Sony handheld point and shoot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fxm4XO-nEH4

Now imagine what you could see with a $5000 telephoto zoom lens that anyone can buy.

But yeah, keep pissing your pants about drones with go-pros, you dipshit.
>>
>>53135529
you must be really stupid.

a 4 inch dron can literally LURK my entire room if I forget to close the window when going shopping.

I don't want to FEAR for my privacy everytime I leave my house unattended.
>>
File: Z_canon_sx60_ang-rt.jpg (143 KB, 1024x807) Image search: [Google]
Z_canon_sx60_ang-rt.jpg
143 KB, 1024x807
>>53135529
Powershot is made by canon and its a dslr. Hardly a point and shoot but still easily attainable.
>>
>>53135547
that's a compact.
no mirror there.
>>
>>53135539
Uh, nigga, if you leave your window open a fucking PERSON can lurk your room, are you fucking retarded?

You're literally getting paranoid and pisspants over something that doesn't fucking happen.

Post ONE example of someone flying a fucking drone through someone's house when they aren't home. I'll wait nigger.

I can't believe I'm still taking this bait.
>>
>>53135558
I could live on the 4th floor of a rich white neighboorhood and no nigger could crawl up there

but a drone could.
>>
>>53135574
Good thing nobody gives a fuck about your or your life so you'll never have to worry about that.
>>
>>53135604
what if I am an active politics activist

fuck you Mr Anderson, I hate your guts
>>
I just don't understand fags who get copters. Planes are much better in all the things that actually matter.

Unless you're a literal subhuman who lives in a brownstone or city or something or you want to pedo indoors, in which case I completely understand.
>>
>>53135662
>tfw I'm a massive voyeur and even I think drones are boring as shit
>>
>>53135662
> Planes are much better in all the things that actually matter.
Just how are they the better platform for cameras, or urban flying?

They don't have the stability and omnidirectional mobility of a quadcopter.
>>
>>53135618
> what if
Not what if, you literally are a faggot.

>>53135547
Personally, I'd like a Pentax and one of their tiny lenses, but I can't even afford that.

> POWERSHOT
>>> Sony
it hurts

>>53135539
You're retarded and this guy >>53135558 is right.
>>
>>53135671
I know, right?

>>53135677
> Just how are they the better platform for cameras, or urban flying?
For your first point, their limited runtime negates this benefit with only maybe 15 minutes MAX, and for your second point, re-read my original post.
Here, I'll even quote it for you.
> Unless you're a literal subhuman who lives in a brownstone or city or something or you want to pedo indoors, in which case I completely understand.
> Unless you're a literal subhuman who lives in a brownstone or city or something
> in which case I completely understand.

> They don't have the stability and omnidirectional mobility of a quadcopter.
But quads don't have the range of planes.

Aw shit, I gotta go. I'll list the other great stuff when I have the time, and if this thread is still up.

Does somebody else wanna do it, though?
>>
>>53135785
>For your first point, their limited runtime negates this benefit with only maybe 15 minutes MAX
Eh, no. There are quadcopters that run half an hour or more. And there also is not any big problems with filming 15 minutes, swapping batteries, filming another 15 minutes.

You know, it is damn good as compared to not being able to film anything well for shit.

> But quads don't have the range of planes.
They already easily have more range than you're allowed to use a RF transmitter to send you video / send them signals without licenses in most places.
>>
>>53135161

Best $1300 I ever spent.

There's something about being able to get an aerial perspective of an area.

You can even reprogram them for fun.

Which is exactly how mine broke.
>>
>>53135393
If some asshole neighbor of mine shoots my multirotor out of the sky because he thinks I'm spying on him he's getting his ass sued
>>
>>53136336
good luck faggot
>>
>>53135539
So can a guy looking in your window
>>
>>53136364
not on the 4th floor.
>>
>/g/ acting all tough

You fat neckbeards are pathetic.
>>
>>53136374
>what is a ladder

Besides, anyone could have done this with an RC helicopter or even a fucking balloon on a string if the wind's not bad. You're just trying to ruin other people's harmless fun.
>>
>Using the word "drone" to describe a UAV
>2016

That alone is why they should be banned. Unwashed masses can only do a disservice to technology.
>>
When will borg drones be available?
>>
>>53136431
>You're just trying to ruin other people's harmless fun.
watch me
>>
>>53135146
>stop a weaponized suicide drone from attacking anywhere on earth?
so we should ban uav's?
fucking hypocrites
>>
>>53136529
You must be a ball at parties
>>
File: america-boner.gif (974 KB, 285x171) Image search: [Google]
america-boner.gif
974 KB, 285x171
>>53135264
>feeding eagles in front of the white house
It will be a sad day for America if this was ever banned.
>>
>>53136570
I don't partake in such events.
>>
>>53136589
Wow I never would have guessed
>>
>>53135146
Drone hitmen when?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqHrTtvFFIs
>>
>>53135190
The difference between an RC aircraft and a drone is marketing. There are people who mounted fpv cameras in RC aircraft long before drone was coined. There were projects to build simple autopilot systems in RC aircraft as well.

Drones are literally just RC aircraft.
>>
>>53136615
can you order a $15 rc aircraft from aliexpress in china and control it with your iPhone?

why do faggots always oversimplify things
>>
>>53136604
Uh, aren't the USA alone already past like 3k kills with drones.

I also heard you insist there was some precision to these attacks, so you might kinda call them "hits" if you believe it... I do, but only to the extent of "some" precision (vs violent explosion & flame bombing of entire city blocks).
>>
>>53136631
Anon at that point we're talking children's toys. I'm guessing it's Bluetooth controlled which means that you can't fly the damned thing more than 10m away from you
>>
>>53136635
Ok kid, nice babbling nothing you just said.
>>
>>53135443
top fucking kek
>>
I want drones to deliver me food so I can never leave my house again
>>
>>53136679
they do that already
>>
>>53136659
There already are drone "hitmen". Is what I said.

> Inb4 it's a military operator, not a hitman.
> Inb4 needs to be a bullet from a rifled gun to be a hit.
>>
>>53135146
Given that Obama loves drone bombing innocent people (particularly children), I doubt drones will ever be banned.
>>
>>53135154
First response best response
>>
>>53136705
>implying a multirotor ban would outlaw them for any government purpose
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI--wFfipvA

kek
>>
File: Navy_SEALs_coming_out_of_water.jpg (3 MB, 2830x1870) Image search: [Google]
Navy_SEALs_coming_out_of_water.jpg
3 MB, 2830x1870
>>53136691
>how about gun hitmen
>there already are gun hitmen the US&A already dose six million assassinations on inncoent muzzies a year
>pic related evil ameriKKKa hitmen I'm a communist praise Allah!
This is literally your dumb logic.
>>
>>53136811
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
File: MQ-9_Reaper_in_flight_(2007).jpg (375 KB, 2100x1500) Image search: [Google]
MQ-9_Reaper_in_flight_(2007).jpg
375 KB, 2100x1500
>>53136829
That you logic is flawed and dumb and it's obviously coming from somewhere. Why do you hate pic? They're fighting for freedom without endangering valuable western humans.
>>
>>53135146
>suicide drone

>suicide
>drone

Drama and irrational fear logic at work
>>
>>53136921
Yeah, technically all cruise missiles can be considered "suicide drones".
>>
>>53135345
That guy got illegal discharge of a fire arm.
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.