[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NewPipe 0.7.4 is out but not on F-Droid yet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4
File: 1450324835339.png (11 KB, 190x190) Image search: [Google]
1450324835339.png
11 KB, 190x190
>there are literal retards on /g/ who use the official, ad-ridden, locked-down Youtube botnet app their Android phone or tablet instead of the community-managed, ad-free, downloading-supported, audio-extracting, and open source Newpipe.

0.7.4 is out but not yet uploaded to F-Droid.

Fixed: some bugs
New: new ui

Note: This version might still be a bit unstable.

https://github.com/theScrabi/NewPipe/releases/tag/v0.7.4
>>
OP you forgot to mention Newpipe's best feature: you can background the app and keep playing audio.
>>
Downloaded it last night and it kept crashing on me. Do you need to be rooted to use it properly? My 5.0.1 GS4 is unrootable at the moment.
>>
At some point I read that this doesn't support the whole subscription shit and you have to lookup videos by hand. How true is that and is there a subscription thing of some sort (even if I have to add channels by hand)?
>>
>>52944167
It's better than that. You just press a button and it will play the audio with the built in player. Great for long videos that you just want to hear.
>>
>>52944212
The new version fixes the crashes.
>>
The last version stopped dectecting VLC out of the blue and downloading made it crash. Hope the new version fixes this, otherwise good app.
>>
Why not use Webtube. Has Background playback, much quicker and you don't have to search for everything
>>
>F-Droid
that site needs QR. And a better mobile layout
>>
>>52944373
>implying
Webtube is just the YT mobile website in app form.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160213-101501.png (117 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160213-101501.png
117 KB, 1080x1920
>>52944212
>5.0.1
>>
>>52944373
That's just a YT wrapper. Newpipe is a native app with more features.
>>
>>52944407
You know they have their own mobile app...
>>
Have you think of something for the subscription problem ?
I mean, do we know when there will be a feature for following some channel ?
>>
>>52944373
It's a shitty website wrapper. I'd rather use my browser than this.
>>
>>52944533
Yeah I'm getting it now. Their site is still pretty buns for something intended for mobile. I was just going to get the NewPipe APK but there's no QR and the mobile layout is 'meh'
>>
File: Untitled.png (29 KB, 505x441) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
29 KB, 505x441
where can i download this shit, how can i install this shit

wtf

send help
>>
>>52944126
Am I that autistic that I can't find the apk file on newpipe's github page?
>>
>>52945003
looks like you downloaded the source. You'd need Android Studio to build it.

The easier way it to get the F-Droid app, install NewPipe from there, and wait for the latest update to get pushed
>>
>>52945004
the built apk is not on there
>>
>NewPipe
>Takes forever to load video.
Has this been fixed?
>>
>>52945568
I just downloaded and tried. No, it isn't fixed.
>>
>>52945619
Well shit.
>>
I like NewPipe but I would use it much more if I could see my subscriptions and playlists in the app. Let's be honest, this has to happen sooner or later. Maybe some sort of fetching instead of being logged in the whole time.
>>
I still use tubemate
>>
>>52945666
That's wtf I'm saying.
>>
>>52945692
Shit app, waste of time installing it. No point using an app that takes fucking forever to load a shit compressed video.
>>
Will there be
1. Feature to bookmark a channel
2. Show previous searches predictively when typing
>>
>>52945568
werks on my machine
>>
>>52945676
This. Its fucking annoying having to type a channel name every time. You can't even browse a channel!
>>
>>52945727
>2. Show previous searches predictively when typing
>wanting it to log your shit
why?
>>
>>52945744
I just use Firefox to browse YouTube and the long press the link to open in to the NewPipe app, other than that its shit.
>>
>>52945762
Why would it matter if it'd log searches? Just some local file or whatever.
>>
>>52944167
This is why i did not use newpipe after trying and switched back to youtube with background playback mods.
If newpipe supports generated mix-playlists like the youtube app or mpsyt, it'll be gold.
Updating now...
>>
>>52945968
I'm on my phone, can't use PC and compile sources.
Link to apk anyone?
>>
>>52945968
Recommend a background playback mod?
>>
>>52946095
Xposed has one, and an ad remover
>>
>>52946085
https://f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdfilter=newpipe&fdid=org.schabi.newpipe
just wait for it to be updated.
>>
>>52946150
>Oh thanks mate, that really helped me get an apk file for the 0.7.4 version right now.
Fag, i got this far myself already
>>
>>52946105
Found one on Xposed thanks.
>>
I adore you, Newpipe. However, you are only going to enter the god tier realm if you add some subscription/channel surfing.
>>
I honestly don't know how to to use the app, when I open it up it's just a white screen
>>
>>52946281
type something into the search
>>
>>52946272
This. It's the only thing I miss from the official YouTube app
>>
Video loading is just too slow. I'll try it again when the update pushes.
>>
>>52944373
Because ads. And yes, I use AdAway.
>>
Does it need to be rooted to use background music?

My phone is not rooted
>>
>doesn't have a subscription list
what's the fucking point lmao
any good YouTube clients or should I just use the default yotube app?
>>
>newpipe doesn't show youtube comments

Fuck this.
>>
>>52947196
>Wanting to read reddit tier comments

Anyhow I agree this app is way too simplistic. I'll just continue telling firefox to open all youtube urls in vlc and call it a day.
>>
>>52947196
That's one of the best features of NewPipe.
>>
>>52947536
kek. I hope the dev puts that as a feature
>>
>can't play music while browsing clover

disappointed. at least I can lock the screen
>>
>>52947862
works in firefox at least
>>
>>52947196
Comments are for homosexuals and women
>>
>>52944167
But can you sign in so I can access favorites?

And more importantly for the background play playlists for music not just one selected video at a time.
>>
File: bump_it.png (48 KB, 744x567) Image search: [Google]
bump_it.png
48 KB, 744x567
>>52944126
Senpai. Thanks for making me aware of this
>>
>>52946780
Why is your phone not rooted?
>>
Can I play shit on my Chromecast with this?
I have one and it's convenient for just putting shit on and doing whatever around the house. Probably the only thing keeping me from ditching the official app.
>>
>>52950318
No faggot
>>
>>52944126

Current F-Droid version crashes on my LG-G3 (stock Lollipop) like crazy. Every second button I push makes it shit the bed.

When I open the app, I get a blank white screen with an action bar. When I open a video and press any button on the action bar, it force closes.
>>
What a fucking coincidence, I was looking for a youtube app just earlier today, I gave up and ended going back to the oficial youtube app and now I see this.

I am using this now and it is fucking great, I just wish the fullscreen hid the navbar on my phone, I am guessing this only happens on older versions of android[spoiler], I am on stock jelly bean with xposed modules since every fucking rom is beyond trash for my phone, there isn't even a custom kernel for it[/spoiler].
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.