[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are operating systems in this day and age that ship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 43679685.jpg (102 KB, 967x1080) Image search: [Google]
43679685.jpg
102 KB, 967x1080
>there are operating systems in this day and age that ship without a C compiler preinstalled
If your OS ships without a C compiler, you should not be using it.
>>
>>52646393
What does an average person need a compiler for a deprecate language for? And whats stopping anyone from just installing one if they need one?
>>
>>52646393
like most os'es today
>>
Linux and the BSDs are pretty much the only operating systems that ship with a C compiler. The real problem is platforms that don't have a C compiler except on other machines. You cannot compile an iOS application on iOS, for example.
>>
>>52646393
templeOS
>>
>>52646412
It's more about the philosophy, a user should be able to program, and compile whatever he wants to. The operating system should ship with a compiler to help the user.
What kind is operating system is an operating system that doesn't let the user name programs to run on the same machine.

>>52646419
Even Ubuntu and Debian have gcc. I wish windows would start including a compiler as well
>>
>>52646505
You are retarded.
>>
>>52646537
Nice comeback faggot, small just like your brain
>>
>>52646505
>I wish windows would start including a compiler as well
There are so many different C compilers for windows, which one would it come with?
Mingw requires a bunch of libs, clang and gcc require cygwin which is massive, and VS is big and only necessary for developers who will probably install the whole IDE, which would be bloat for most users.
So I understand why windows doesn't ship with a compiler.

>>52646537
>>52646554
le epic response
>>
>>52646571
Mingw isn't that big, it fits easily under 50MB, I think it should be included
>>
>>52646505
>he
>implying only men program
sexist /g/
>>
>>52646505
Games are important, what sort of OS doesn't ship with atleast 5 AAA games? What if the user wants to play an expensive game? Why use an OS that doesn't come with tons of free games?
It's more about the philosophy, people should have the option to, if they want to play games. They really should and this fag is a fucking retard, Trump 2016!
>>
>>52646393
Windows has c# compiler if you have .net installed(you do). csc.exe
>>
>>52646725
Men program, girls code.
>>
>>52646393
OS X and most Linux distros let me install a toolchain in one command.

This is fine, since I don't need it on everything. I've never needed to have a C compiler on my mail server, and I never will.
>>
>>52646505
>Even Ubuntu and Debian have gcc.
Umm, they don't if you don't install them explicitly.
>>
>>52647655
They come preinstalled with gcc
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.