[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: logo_chromium.png (57 KB, 533x537) Image search: [Google]
logo_chromium.png
57 KB, 533x537
Thoughts?
>>
>>52633276
nice logo
>>
Is it recommended in Parabola GNU/Linux repository?
>>
>>52633276
Best browser on desktop

Use it without a profile and run adblock extensions and it destroys Firefox and its derivatives
>>
No customizability. Open source botnet
>>
>>52633565
>open source
>botnet

pick one
>>
very nice.
>>
Needs incognito browsing as default.

And still shitty font rendering on my machine.
>>
File: .webm (2 MB, 1732x1032) Image search: [Google]
.webm
2 MB, 1732x1032
>>52633276
The first thing it does on its first run is connect to google.com and receive a tracking ID. No, thanks, I'll stick to my Laggyfox~ oh, wait, it doesn't lag anymore.
>>
>>52633625
how did you do that?
>>
>>52633708
Proofs?
>>
>>52633708
pathetic try
>>
>>52633743
Run Wireshark, I didn't save any proofs. Nor do I care to use Chromium, it protects itself against addons all too well, can't even use mouse gestures properly.
>>52633754
Shut up and\or watch the webm.
>>
>>52633721
enable material design.

pic related.
>>
File: 1451653222029.png (289 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1451653222029.png
289 KB, 800x800
>>52633772
>I didn't save any proofs
Literally, every, time.
>>
>>52633772
i couldn't watch cause couldn't stop laughing your background, sorry.
>>
>>52633600
Just because it's open source does not prohibit it from becoming a bot net...
>>
>>52633276
google utlron is the best browser,

it is used by nasa
>>
>>52633819
But since it's open source, it's not a botnet until proven to be a botnet. Checkmate.
>>
>>52633800
I didn't *save* them, that doesn't mean there are none. Whatever, enjoy your performance if you don't require any Firefox-only plugins or UI customization. I actually like how well it handles multiple tabs with heavy image board extension scripts, but I also like muh customization.
>>
>>52633831
There are no strings on me...
>>
I use my own fork and modification. It doesn't phone home, and it's much faster than Firefox. I actually gave Firefox a try and was shocked at how slow it went... :(
>>
>>52633937
You are doing it wrong. Most likely you forgot to enable e10s.
>>
>>52633952
Maybe, I dunno. I'm just gonna stick with what I got for now. Might try it again in the future...
>>
>>52633967
Without e10s it does lag a lot. I hope the reign of chrome ends one day, it's not even a good browser or anything.
>>
>>52633879
>I didn't *save* them, that doesn't mean there are none
That doesn't mean there are any.
>Whatever, enjoy your performance if you don't require any Firefox-only plugins
I actually keep Firefox installed for the video downloaders because most of the chrome ones are trash.
>UI customization
For me Firefox *requires* more customization. Normally I have to remove all the extra buttons from the toolbar, install classic theme restorer, install a reverse image search addon, a cookie whitelisting addon, a page translating addon. It's also slightly more tricky to install spellchecking dictionaries for Firefox.

Chromium, on the other hand, looks clean and has some extra functionality ootb.
>>
>>52633998
I'd stick more on the side of Firefox if it weren't for:

1. Them copying off Chrome like crazy
2. Bad experiences (Slow, but I was probably "doing it wrong")
3. SJW Developers
>>
>>52634025
I have to agree on this, the stock Australis UI is downright wacky. Probably one of the reasons it loses market share to Chromium based browsers, in addition to "optional offer" hidden installs and stuff like that. But they, on the other hand, offer no customization options whatsoever, and thus they're a lot worse than Firefox.

But the actions you listed are typical customization goals - add what you want, change\remove what you dislike. And you can complete those goals with Firefox's addon base, something neither you nor I could achieve with Chrome's addon base.
>>52634133
Install a version with e10s and take your time to configure. You're not going to regret it... most likely.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.