[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck is this? Does Apple WANT to lose customers to Samsung?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 252
Thread images: 24
File: image.png (296 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
296 KB, 640x1136
What the fuck is this? Does Apple WANT to lose customers to Samsung?
>>
INNOVASHUN
>>
>>52609145
I hate Apple with passion but i have absolutely no idea why they would do that. They are going to increase the price per earphone/headphone set by several dollars because of the DAC an all the digital circuitry. Unless they plan on driving earphones through PWM, but i cant see that happening, ever
>>
File: 1445926340934.jpg (81 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1445926340934.jpg
81 KB, 500x375
>>52609145
>he thinks iDiots won't gobble it up and happily pony up $49.99USD for a $0.10 lightning to 3.5mm adapter like the gullible retards they are
>>
>>52609187
They already own Beats, and doing this will force people to buy headphones specifically made for iphones because like you pointed out the headphones have to include additional hardware and a simple adapter cable will not work. It's genius, thank you Dr. Dre and Tim Cuck.
>>
>>52609187
Perhaps they're integrating some sort of low power amp to drive their headphones within the lightning circuitry? I would assume that would sound great with their beats. Just taking a wild guess here, sounds like you know a lot more than I do about the way this all works.
>>
Apple will not lose any customers to Samsung, because their customers are stupid, and will put up with any level of bullshit from them.

They didn't lose customers when they told their users "you're holding it wrong".
They didn't lose customers when they had vulnerability after vulnerability revealed, until iOS was shown to have more vulnerabilities than Adobe Flash in 2015, and nobody batted an eye.
They didn't lose customers when their screens kept cracking so damn easily.
They didn't lose customers when their map application turned out to be a massive piece of shit.

Apple users don't make decisions based on quality of product. They make decisions based on what all of their friends are using. iPhones are a status symbol.
>>
>>52609145
Apple understands who buys their devices and that the vast majority of those people are fanboy retards or consumers who dont do their homework before buying a multi hundred dollar device they will use on a daily basis.

Basically they're fucking over their customers because they know they'll gey away with it.
>>
>>52609257
There are two possible cases
>they sell iPhone, and then sell the 50$ lightning headphones as an add-on
>they sell iPhone, and then sell the 50$ external sound card with lightning to 3.5mm as an add-on
Either way they make tons of money and people dont care because "dude its an iphone!" Either way its very unfair to the customers, imagine buying a 700$ phone, and then realizing you cant use your earphones that you have always used
>>
>>52609307
>didn't affect people who "held it right"
>the average user barely knew what security was and didn't give a shit anyway
>didn't affect people who weren't clumsy pieces of shit and/or used a case
>didn't affect people who had a GPS like normal people

This decision however affects a wider range of people, pretty much everyone uses their smartphone as a PMP or otherwise needs headphones for their device
>>
>>52609307
LOL the iPhone 6 and 6s are far better than any android nowadays, believe it or not the majority of people doesn't give a shit about customization, people want a phone that does phone things, like searching the Internet, check their social media accounts, take good photos and all that, this "iPhone are bad" meme needs to really fucking die. I like my Samsung s6 but an iphone 6s is far superior in performance.
>>
>>52609379
>LOL the iPhone 6 and 6s are far better than any android nowadays, believe it or not the majority of people doesn't give a shit about customization, people want a phone that does phone things, like searching the Internet, check their social media accounts, take good photos and all that, this "iPhone are bad" meme needs to really fucking die. I like my Samsung s6 but an iphone 6s is far superior in performance.
Thats alright and all but i prefer not to be dealt with like a child by my own phone
>>
>>52609145
The poorfag 4" model will still have a 3.5m jack for those out there who can afford an iPhone but can't afford bluetooth headphones for some reason
>>
File: GOOGLE G1.jpg (55 KB, 365x367) Image search: [Google]
GOOGLE G1.jpg
55 KB, 365x367
>>52609145

Following in the footsteps of Google once again.
>>
>>52609379
2 poos have been deposited in your designated shit eating hands Rajeesh.
>>
>>52609349
Imagine being so retarded that you continuously put the dollar sign behind the numbers.

Also you can afford an iPhone but not bluetooth headphones?
>>
>>52609411
I can afford a a couple of dozen of iPhones without batting an eye, but the question is, why would i buy something that exists solely to juice out money out of me? Why dont i go and buy an android phone that can do everything an iphone can and costs less?
>>
>>52609444
Majority of Android phones worth anything are the same price or even more than iPhones though
>>
>>52609444
>do everything an iphone can

An Android phone can't get you laid. Checkmate, atheists.
>>
>>52609379
No, its not. You're a fucking idiot.

>>52609307
That's because all the tech blogs normal consumers turn to (the verge, Engadget, etc.) don't report this shit. They're afraid of being banned from future Apple events. I'm serious, Apple actually bans you if you say so ethimg bad about them.

Like shit, the verge even made a video of a banana bending after bendgate happened to defend Apple, only to have one of their editors iPhones bend in his pocket. They played it off like it wasn't an issue. It's like this everywhere, notice how whenever the iphone is missing a feature, it isnt important, but when an Android is missing a feature the iPhone has, its a negative (they actually go on and on about it during a review). The device could be $300 unlocked, but if it doesn't have a fingerprint sensor, its worthless to these people.

Not gonna blame Apple though, they saw these pushovers for what they are, and took advantage

Also, big phone's were bad before the iPhone 6, now they're fine. Back then, Samsung would always have size in the negative side. Fuck, these people thought 3/5 inch screens were the best size, until the iPhone 5, then 4 inches was.
>>
>>52609465
>Resolving to off topic, random insults
You lose
>>
File: 1444889236563.jpg (75 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1444889236563.jpg
75 KB, 960x960
>>52609465
>he needs to use his phone as a crutch just to get gaybois to even pay attention to him because of how fat and ugly he is

lmao @ ur lyfe.
>>
>>52609398
Let's not forget oppo, they had a seriously thin phone last year that required a microusb->3.5mm adapter. Everyone knocked it as useless, and an unnecessary sacrifice for thinness. Can't wait to see how everyone pretends that never happened and hails Apple as a visionary for ditching the jack for thinness.
>>
>>52609293
>Perhaps they're integrating some sort of low power amp to drive their headphones within the lightning circuitry?
Just stick it in the phone.

If it is in the phone it is a benefit to all headphones. Putting it in the headphones is just a dick move, people will be at the mercy of shitty headphone manufacturers for DAC/amp quality.
>>
>>52609145
Why the fuck are companies so obsessed with thinness? Aren't phones thin enough? Why would anyone want them thinner?
Sacrificing important stuff like a 3.5mm jack or battery life for something as stupid as thinness is retarded, i wish people would come to their senses already
>>
>>52609485
>>52609495
>so insecure that you actually took this seriously
>>
>>52609474
Yeah it is you idiot, I'd post that chart that compares phone performances and speed but I'm just too lazy to do it
>>
>>52609527
This. The damn things are hard enough to hold onto.
>>
>>52609624
Translation: I got caught shilling a shitty product, got called out, and now I'm gonna pretend to have resources for my unsubstantiated claims and act like a tough guy on the Internet.

Prove that the iPhone 6S is far better than the Galaxy S6, otherwise go fuck yourself.
>>
>>52609527
It's a fad, just like the see through electronics fad from the late 90s. This too will pass.
>>
>>52609145
Do you really think apple fans will abandon apple for this? all apple has to do is make a bullshit campaign about if you want to hear the best sound has to offer you'll need Cochlea Soundâ„¢ and 3.5mm is outdated low quality shit. They'll eat it up.
>>
>>52609663
Can't believe you made me search for this http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/antutu-iphone-6s-best-performing-smartphone/
>>
>>52609145
>November 27
>2 months ago
>>
>>52609663
What? The 6s has a better processor than anything in the industry. This is well known elsewhere. Is /g/ really that far behind the times? Regardless of what you think of iOS they're not exactly using crippling hardware.
>>
ITT bunch of butthurt /hpg/ with athmaymay50x and snapheiser600
>>
to be fair, no matter what they do, their marketing team has a budget of six gorillion dollars and they sure know how to do it well.

They'll say it's "innovation" and that they "reinvented" the earphone port and normies eat that shit up.

When Steve Jobs BTFO'd Flash back in 2007(?) one of the reasoning was "Durr, nobody uses floppy discs anymore either. Apple doesn't support outdated tech!"

They'll tell the same story, you bet your ass.
"The 3.5mm jack was made in 1993. IT'S 2016 PEOPLE!"

screenshot this
>>
>>52609705
Hahahahaha, first, there's o ly one benchmark on that site, and they used it on the iPhone with a shitty screen. I know they claimed there was no difference between the plus and the normal, but I don't see how that's possible.

Pic related. If doesn't have the iPhone 6s in it, but I'll look for it and post it.
>>
>>52609607
>so insecure that you actually took this seriously
lmao
>>
File: Screenshot_20160124-234846.png (507 KB, 1200x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160124-234846.png
507 KB, 1200x1920
>>52609781
Forgot the pic, fuck.
>>
>>52609764
>They'll say it's "innovation" and that they "reinvented" the earphone port and normies eat that shit up.

Except that Apple hasn't said anything like this for quite a while. This whole "innovation" thing is completely made up in the minds of Android retards so they have something to argue against.
>>
>>52609726
No, he said "far superior", as in nothing is close. I beg to differ on that. I don't want to see it being better, I want to see what he claimed. I already know its the best, but not " far superior ", like he claimed. That's why I called him out.
>>
>>52609832
This seems needlessly pedantic but hey, it's 4chan.
>>
Apple customers will put up with it. Same thing with the death of ports, no optical drive*, soldered RAM over modular, nonstandard SSDs, and glued-in proprietary battery packs. As long as it's thinner than the last gen so onlookers can tell that they definitely have a newer, more expensive device without asking "is that the new one?".

All consumer tech manufacturers do this. No, business laptops won't save you. Businesses are just consumers that like to cut costs in bulk orders and don't give a fuck about aesthetics.

*someone, somewhere will say "duh cloud", like internet is always there, fast, free, reliable, and uncensored, or "duh dongles", like they don't cost a fuckload more than bulk BDs
>>
>>52609803
>>52609726
I found d 6S benchmarks here:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/9686/the-apple-iphone-6s-and-iphone-6s-plus-review/6
And yeah, like I already knew, its better, but not "far superior". Especially when considering the huge difference in the amount of pixels some of these phones are driving.
>>
>>52609836
Hey, its fun, and I got some time to kill, so why not? Right?

>>52609810
They said it when they announced the iPad Pro and Apple watch. It's certainly not made up. Over used, yes, but not made up.
>>
>>52609145

HOW THE FUCK ELSE DO YOU EXPECT THEM TO MAKE A 0.8MM THICK PHONE THAT LITERALLY FALLS APART LIKE WET TISSUE PAPER?

ITS CALLED FUCKING PROGRESS, YOUR MORON. APPLE KNOWS BEST.
>>
>>52609349
They will include the lightning headphones with the iPhone that you can be sure, they are not stupid.
Personally I like the Lightning port idea, less clutter, the format is pretty nice, as the usb-c, 98% of the people are not audiophile autists, and for the austist audience the will sell the adapter.
>>
>>52609880
They keep making shit thinner but it doesn't matter fuck-all because it's fucking huge

>longphones
>>
>>52609888
>clutter

autism

if you can fit a port, fit it
if you're left with some space due to the thickness of the port, fill it with battery
the phone will show through your faggot skinny jeans anyways
>>
People are already sucking Apple's dick like no tomorrow. I asked several of my macfag friends on their opinion on no 3.5mm jack in the new iphone. All of them think its a good thing. None of them understand that they wont be able to use their own earphones, but they dont care.

I sometimes wonder if things like smartphones and other tech are merely fashion items for a lot of people. Nonetheless it makes me very sad
>>
>>52609927
>if you can fit a port, fit it

The whole point is that in order to have thinner phones you can't fit the port. This has been rumored/discussed for years at this point due to that.
>>
>>52609964
when did i say a thinner phone was a good goal
fuck thinner phones you consumer retard faggot piece of shit
does the title of the board say /g/ - fashion accessories?
no?
fuck you.
>>
I have a galaxy S6, and I love how thin it is.
Since phones are so frail, you gotta put them in a case.

Being thin lets you put it in a decent case without making it huge.

But man, losing the port would be a tough thing to swallow.
Its a little different from losing disc drives on laptops
>>
>>52609145
I wonder if I can get a samshit laptop with a floppy drive reader nowadays.
>>
>>52609998
It's a little worse. Listening to music isn't important, but archiving a lot of data is.
>>
>>52609999
>floppy disks
>developed in the late 1960s
>were stopped being used by mostly all computers in the 2000s because better alternatives replaced it

>3.5 mm audio equipment
>been around forever mostly because you dont need some overly complex medium to transport analog signals
>>
>>52609974
I didn't say that you said that. It's an industry trend which is why I brought up that this has been rumored for years. In order for phones to get thinner, whether it's iOS, Android, or WP, the 3.5 port has to go.
>>
>>52609928
>>52609927
I don't think they are doing it to make it thinner.
Let's be honest and accept the lighting plug is fucking gorgeous doesn't matter if is in an iPhone or whatever, same as the usb-c I bet the rest of the companies are going to implement it sooner or later.
The 3.5mm is just unnecessary when you can send the audio over the data/charging port
>>
It's going to be a selling point, thinnest phone ever made.
And it's going to Kickstart the Beats lightning plug headphones and ear buds.

Win win, most people won't notice it until they buy it and bring the phone home
>>
>>52610050
But its an audio standard so its not pointless
>>
>>52610050
3.5mm jack is analog, lightning is digital
Both of them have their own purposes and they should not replace each other. Unless you want expensive peripherals

Analog is very simple, 3 wires come from the 3.5 jack, they go right into the earphone speakers

Now to accomplish the same through lightning, you need a DAC or digital to analog converter, then you will need to amplify the signals to make them hearable using an amplifier, and then the signals are finally fed into the speakers.

Do you really want to go through the extra steps without any reason? I mean audio is pretty simple, why make it more complex?
>>
finally phones can be thinner
>>
File: 31SMPnJYnGL._SX300_.jpg (6 KB, 300x296) Image search: [Google]
31SMPnJYnGL._SX300_.jpg
6 KB, 300x296
>>52609145

I promise you. If they nix the 3.5mm jack, we're seeing Earpod versions of these.
Probably with Earhook options, so they're for "sporty, active individuals"
Links up to your Apple Watch, iPhone, iPod, iPad, Macbook, Macbook Pro, iMac, or Mac Pro.
Even connects to other Bluetooth 4.0 compatible devices (Android, Windows Phone, PCs)
Link up to 5-10 Wireless Earpods for a private jam session.
Charges via the Lightning port of your iPhone/iPad/iPod.

Now available for free with all new iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus models, or $79.99 stand-alone.

99% chance of seeing these. Screencap me if you want.

Alternatively, 20% chance they introduce the next gen iPod shuffle as wireless earpods like these, or the Wireless Earpods will include 4/8GBs of memory to store playlists for running without your phone. 15% chance the Wireless Earpods include biometric sensors for heart-rate/blood-pressure/similar because of "The thinner tissue and better visibility of blood vessels in the cartilage of the ear! Look at these biometric products that use the same principal in a very different way from us, but we're juxtaposing alongside ours so you think the technology is good, sound, and already mature!"
>>
>>52609888
What I worry about is the port breaking. The 3.5mm jack is round, so it can spin around and come out easily if there's too much tension. Lightning is rather fragile in comparison.
>>
>>52610114
omg ikr its such an awkward bulge in my super skinny jeans i wonder if it made me look hetrosexual
>>
>>52609187
The Lightning port has analog pins in it too, you moron.
Audiofags would just make a crude lightning to 3.5mm adapter.
>>
>>52610128
Get mad poorfag
>>
>>52610123
That's a negative point for sure, I have seem many broken charging cables, hopefully they will do something about.
>>
>>52609145
>require Lightning
Or, your know, Bluetooth.
>>
>>52610141
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightning_(connector)#Technology
>Lightning is an eight-pin connector which carries a digital signal
get rekt ifag
>>
>>52610108
>>52610122
As long as the include the headphones with the iPhone I am ok with that, but if they force people to buy them separately, I will seriously consider jump the boat not because I don't have money but for solidarity with the rest of the customers because that would be an incredible scam.
>>
>>52610223
> I am okay with being forced to use headphones of dubious quality (Beats) because the port looks nice
I really don't know what to say about this. I am speechless.
>>
>>52610297
>dubious quality (Beats)
I bet my 2 nuts, by the realese week, senny, grado, AT, they'll have lightning implemented headphones to please the sikrit klub
>>
>>52610390
Yeah, but then you'd have to buy another pair of headphones. That's pretty retarded if you already own an expensive pair of headphones that you like.
This is being done solely so Apple can screw idiots out of more money.
>>
>>52610390
Yeah, and they'll either be shit and $300, or be insanely expensive for the performance. They have to get a DAC and amp in those things for this shit to work, which will just cost more, and no way any of these companies take a hit to their bottom lines to make it happen while keeping the prices the same as before.
>>
>using your phone for music
>>
>>52610527
It's likely some of those headphones will rely on external power source to amplify+drive the headphones, so we are likely to see wired headphones with battery packs in then to drive the amps or headphones that require an external adapter to power the amp
>>
>>52610390
Nobody is going to play along with them, all the good audio brands are good at making either amps or headphones. They don't make amps so small that they fit inside headphones, if they do try we will see a lot of half assed shit quality audio gear
>>
>>52609145
I wouldn't have an issue if Apple still used the 30-pin, but they fucked up and switched to Lightning
>>
>>52609187
They're almost certainly going to bundle bluetooth Beats earphones with each device, which is great because analog headphones are an ancient technology and well-overdue to be replaced.
>>
>>52609145

I can kinda see a reason for switching, the 3.5mm jack could be the only thing holding the phone back from getting even thinner. Mind you I really don't care about thickness anyway, I'd rather have a chunky phone that can last a week in battery life than a thin one that is thin for no reason bends in your pocket and won't last a day.
>>
>>52610751
>which is great because analog headphones are an ancient technology and well-overdue to be replaced
Why replace something that just works with something inferior?
>>
>>52610751
>which is great because analog headphones are an ancient technology and well-overdue to be replaced
Yes because having another battery to charge on top of the reduced audio quality and battery life of your phone itself is much better than plugging in a pair of wired headphones.
>>
>>52610751
Well technically audio hasn't been analog every since the vinyl days, so we're not going from analog to digital here, were just going from using a plain old 3.5mm jack to using an extra DAC for no fucking reason at all
>>
>>52610791
>>52610805
Bluetooth earphones that equal the quality of traditional headphones have existed for a while, and without annoying cord. Apple have a long history of betting against old/outdated technologies and winning and I figure this will probably be the same thing over again.

Every time they remove something earlier than everyone else - optical drive, floppy drive, SCSI ports, parallel ports, serial ports, etc - everyone screams for a few months, and wonders how they'll possibly live without this thing that Apple has cruelly removed, and then years later everyone wonders what the fuck they were thinking. This should be no different.
>>
File: 4202502_sd.jpg (23 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
4202502_sd.jpg
23 KB, 500x500
>>52610830
Pic related, BT headphones that are extremely high-fidelity. With Apple's gargantuan supply chain and stranglehold over the entire Chinese manufacturing industry, I'm sure they can bring the price down massively and find room in the 60% profit margin of each iPhone to include something similar.
>>
File: camerabumps.jpg (83 KB, 1216x400) Image search: [Google]
camerabumps.jpg
83 KB, 1216x400
Why do they worry about thickness when they don't even measure the thickest part of the device?
>>
>>52609145

i hate apple, but if you think applel will lose customers over this, you are greatly wrong here.

the isheep will just buy the $99 lightning to 3.5mm adapter.

its what iSlaves do
>>
>>52610890
Because 99% of the device isn't that thick
>>
>gluing on the gpu
>making it so the hot air from the cpu passes over the glued on gpu
>>
it's essentially separating the user from more of their hard earned money for more accessories to go with their phones. those earpod things must have bombed hard.

>>52610830
>Bluetooth earphones that equal the quality of traditional headphones have existed for a while, and without annoying cord.

yeah, they exist but are more expensive that the equivalent traditional headphones... then there will be the issue of pairing bluetooth headphones with multiple devices, e.g. your phone and your other computers and tablets.
>>
>>52610818
This you retards, why the fuck would you want to strap on an extra DAC, that too in the earphones? Earphones are supposed to be solid devices with just the speakers, what purpose would it serve to make them overly complicated?
Let's face it, 3.5mm jack was never the problem, nobody ever wanted it to go, nobody ever thought "man my phone is so thick just because of this little circle". It was always about Apple trying to be special fucking snowflakes, but this time what they're doing is absolutely redundant, it serves no purpose, no audio quality gain at all, if anything it might even diminish the quality.
As far as Bluetooth headphones go, the bandwidth simply isn't enough. I know the theoretical max transfer speed is 25Mbps, but in practice its always less than 1Mbps, and that isn't enough to deliver high quality audio. What can you really expect from wireless headphones who's 80% of the firmware is battery optimization?
>>
>>52610863
>>52610830
Bluetooth audio is far better than it used to but is still not as good as not using Bluetooth
>>
File: _450_Nexus5_vs__1100_jPhone6.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
_450_Nexus5_vs__1100_jPhone6.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>52609379
>iPhone 6
>better

The 6s only just got faster than the nexus 5.
That's right, Apple only just caught up to a 2013 android phone that cost only half as much as an iPhone.
>>
>>52610960
Oh well, making BT headphones the default choice should provide the impetus for headphone companies to invest more in bringing the audio quality to parity. And 99% of people are listening to 128kbps MP3s anyway, and I doubt most neckbeards could tell double-blinded between high-quality BT audio quality and wired 320kbps, so not like it makes a difference.
>>
>>52610984
The amount of times the average person will be cold-starting apps on an iPhone is probably once per year. 99% of the time the state is cached on disk and startup is basically instantaneous.
>>
>>52610988
>we're taking multiple steps backwards but it's totally okay because I just can't stand wires!
>>
>>52609187
So that you buy an expensive pair of headphones that don't work with anything except the latest apple device.
They lock you into the apple ecosystem and literally make other producers get forced into making lightning ports for their own devices or miss out on a large segment of the market. Although switching to digital outputs isn't necessarily a bad thing.
>>
>>52611013
The entire last 5 years of technology has been about removing wires, if you don't like it, you can be a backwards looking curmudgeon and buy your $20 adapter. They have to make the leap to wireless at some point, and now is as good a time as any. If there's suddenly millions of active BT headphone listeners, headphone companies will devote way more R&D to wireless, and a few years after that wired headphones will probably look archaic and silly
>>
>>52610988
Most people would be able to tell the difference between 320kbps and Bluetooth audio. Bluetooth audio is digitally compressed before being sent over to the earphones, which causes the huge quality loss.
>>
>>52610984
>The 6s only just got faster than the nexus 5.
Clarification, please.
Are you asserting that the iPhone lags *MORE* than the Nexus5?
Or are you saying that Apple's 2-core A9 is as fast as the octocore Briggs and Stratton in the Nexus?
>>
>>52611004
I'm not that anon, but what difference does that make?

That comparison was in response to an argument that "the iphone 6 was far better than any android". It proved the point wrong. Simple as that.
Whether the average user would notice or not was irrelevant, as it was not the post you replied to that made any claim of that kind.
>>
>>52611061
>The entire last 5 years of technology has been about removing wires
Yes, some of it's been good and some's been bad. This is bad.
>if you don't like it, you can be a backwards looking curmudgeon and buy your $20 adapter
I already use an adapter to listen to music on my device that has a headphone jack
>They have to make the leap to wireless at some point, and now is as good a time as any.
Yes, now, the time of shit wireless audio and shit battery tech, is a great time to make the switch to wireless headphones.
>>
>>52610951
>It was always about Apple trying to be special fucking snowflakes,
Yeah. Like when they ditched floppy drives. Or serial ports. Or optical media.
Nobody else followed them up that dead-end, did they?
>>
>>52611081
Nexus 5 was quad core you fuck, and it beat an iPhone 6 in app opening speed.

Having less cores, but more powerful cores, is better than having more weaker cores, but there's more to a phone than just processor speeds and benchmarks.
>>
>>52610988
You have no idea what you're talking about dude, Bluetooth audio is terrible even today, it can't replace wired audio
>>
>>52609377
in order to make use of GPS you still need a map, and theirr map sucked hard
>>
>>52611127
You're a moron. He's talking about a dedicated GPS, like from TomTom or Garmin.
>>
>>52610951
>As far as Bluetooth headphones go, the bandwidth simply isn't enough.
And, like USB, hard drives and ethernet, it'll never improve.
Certainly, unless someone creates a need for it to improve, like high quaity audio, it'll stay the same.
>>
>>52611108
Apple dropped floppies, serial and optical shit at a time where most had already anyway. I can't remember anyone using serial ports in 1998. I can't remember many people using optical drives in 2009 either. It was already dead. Anyone that was using that shit when apple dropped it, probably still uses it now. Hardly revolutionary on their part.

They didn't influence the technologies demise, they just saw it as an opertunity to save some dosh in manufacturing.

This time though, apple is ahead of the curve for real.
>>
>>52611108
All that tech was already bound to die
Serial ports were bound to die because of USB
Floppies were replaced by compact disks and other diskette drives

Apple just decided to remove those parts first. Other brand's did follow but they did not kill off the tech unlike Apple, you can still get laptops with blu ray drives, buy just but Apple
>>
>>52609145
>Does Apple WANT to lose customers to Samsung?
Knowing Samsung, they'll be desperately following suit in six months
>>
>>52611204
>All that tech was already bound to die
That's pretty easy to say with the benefit of hindsight. Try convincing a computer user in the 90s of that.
>>
>>52611219
Disruptive tech can be seen miles ahead
Everyone knows serial was finished when USB came out
How could have serial have survived against USB, something so much more superior? It's the same when all other technology.
Apple just saw the trend coming, no not even that, they just complied to the trend first, everyone knew what was happening
>>
>>52610830
>more expensive for less quality
>needs to be regularly charged
>won't work with anything that doesn't have bluetooth

How is that in any way an upgrade?

We moved on from floppy disks because they were shit, even during the time they were commonplace.
>>
>>52610960
How good is bluetooth quality then compared to wired speakers quality? I enjoy high quality audio but I don't like jumping through the hoops just to squeeze every drop of it by using cables, so for the sake of comfort I'm all for settling for 128kbps mp3 quality as long as Bluetooth connectivity is not interrupted and the built-in battery lasts for a relatively long time.
>>
>>52611286
They're an upgrade in a very specific circumstance - mobile devices. You're regularly charging your mobile device anyway, your device is guaranteed to have bluetooth, and the device usually costs so much that the cost of decent BT earphones seems small by comparison. Of course it doesn't make sense for the average /g/ user sitting at home at a desk, but for anyone using a mobile device in an actually 'mobile' setting, like running or working out at the gym, BT earphones are a big upgrade.
>>
>>52611277
>everyone knew what was happening
This kind of rewriting history annoys me. There's a huge amount of naysaying that goes on whenever Apple jumps the market and removes a technology early. The butthurt when floppy drives were replaced with CD-Rs was massive. And then everyone who said it was a bad decision, when proven wrong years later, pretends like they always knew it was inevitable. It's shitty behaviour. /g/ is practically naysaying central, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>52611277
>complied to a trend first
So they fucking started the trend then?

Fucking hell, the mental gymnastics you have to flip through to avoid crediting Apple with doing anything good.

Regarding this whole lighting port headphones thing, every iPhone I've ever bought came with a pair of headphones. I'm gunna guess the iPhone 7 will as well. This is a non issue.
>>
>>52611396
Nope. They finally have an excuse to skip the headphones.
They might include it in the 7s if there's enough complaint
>>
>>52611356
I've spent a lot of time listening while on the move, and never have my wired earphones been an inconvenience. Having yet another fucking device where I have to worry about keeping the battery charged would be a much greater inconvenience.
>>
>>52611433
Lol yeah whatever you reckon mate.

theyre more likely to market it as a selling point, call them magic headphones (by dr dre) that improve the sound.
>>
>>52611440
I've bought cheap bluetooth headphones and they sounded better than similar priced non Bluetooth headphones. That being said, for an extra 15 dollars I could get much better Sony headphones that would sound better and have better build quality. The Bluetooth ones died after 7 months, now I'm waiting to see how long my Sony headphones last.
>>
>>52611433
How is making everyone's existing headphones incompatible with the new device a reason to not include compatible headphones?
>>
>>52611454
>market it as a selling point
For an extra $39

>>52611474
Because it's apple. They live off massive margins per sale. If they can get an extra $39 or so, per customer, that's a lot of money.
>>
>more expensive for less quality
True, but your average consumer doesn't care. I work in electronics department of a big supermarket. People buy wired headphones/IEMs for less than a dollar! The audio quality is atrocious but people don't mind because it's cheap. So if they bought BT they wouldn't give a rats ass about quality. All they would care about is the wireless feature.

Any conscious consumer with a half a brain buying BT knows he's sacrificing quality for mobility on a tight budget. If money is no concern you can always buy the expensive stuff.
>needs to be regularly charged
A point for you, but I would argue that's not a problem. People in general are already accustomed to charging their phone every day or every two days. One more device won't make a difference; especially if it charges quickly.
>won't work with anything that doesn't have bluetooth
Agreed, but again. If you're buying BT headphones you're buying them for BT devices you own; your phone or laptop. So you're not concerned with using your BT headphones with other (not yours) devices. For those special occassions you can always buy a cheap pair of wired ones.

I'm all for a audio BT headphones revolution. The more popular they get the more products we'll get and with that the tech will advance thus dealing with their limitations. Apple has a huge and loyal customer base. If they make this happen those customers will be the driving force for a global push for BT headphones.
>>
>>52611370
Don't pretend floppy drives weren't shit. The people giving Apple shit for dumping floppy drives are probably the same people who still insist on using Windows XP to this day.
>>
>>52609379
>wanting to pay max shekesls for no benefit AND eat shit out of your own hands
>>
>>52611493
Was meant for >>52611286
>>
>>52611277
>Apple just saw the trend coming

Like with Firewire? Or Firewire 800? Or Thunderbolt?

>>52611124
>Bluetooth audio is terrible even today

But most people don't give a shit. Have you seen how popular those portable BT speakers are? People will be more concerned about the price than the audio quality.
>>
>>52611500
Of course they were shit. But there was thermonuclear outrage from people who didn't even buy Apple products that someone would dare remove the defacto standard of transfer between computers. And hey presto years later, USB and CD-Rs are the standard. And then a few years later writeable optical is dying. And then a few years later today, when half of new computers don't even have optical drives.

I guess I'm trying to say - if manufacturers are considering dropping the 3.5mm jack, maybe there's a good reason for it, and maybe like the other 400 times this happened in the past, they know better than Johnny Opinionated Idiot Tech Enthusiast about what the future holds for consumer audio interfaces. And yes, you're probably completely right about XP.
>>
>>52609145
Its like i am watching silicone valley except in real life.

Wtf? Steve Jobs is spinning

>mfw we are entering another dark decade for apple

YEW!

Finally their downfall will come once again.
>>
>>52611527
Owning multiple Apple computers is enough to justify their including FireWire and(?)/or Thunderbolt, Target Disk Mode is great
>>
>>52611491
It's already the most pensive phone on the market, it'll be included.
Why are you so worked up about this anyway? You'll just buy some Asian knockoff.
>>
>>52611545
>Finally their downfall will come once again.
you underestimate the amount and power of normies
>>
>>52609666
Satan speaks the truth

You shall pass
>>
>>52611562
I'm not worked up tho, baka.
My next phone is going to be a chinkphone, just out of sheer curiosity. I want something like the ulefone power.
>>
>>52611538
>and maybe like the other 400 times this happened in the past, they know better than Johnny Opinionated Idiot Tech Enthusiast about what the future holds for consumer audio interfaces.

That and they'd like you sell you some new headphones that now have a battery that will only last a few years. Accelerating the cycle of obsolescence when the current tech is better in every way aside from needing to be tethered to the device.

>>52611538
>completely right about XP

Except XP is still usable today with few limitations while a floppy disk can't hold an entire song at a decent bitrate.
>>
>>52611580
They forgot about them in the early-mid 90's it can happen again!

Then again retards buy samsung so yeah :(
>>
File: Game_Boy_Color.png (157 KB, 237x397) Image search: [Google]
Game_Boy_Color.png
157 KB, 237x397
>>52609666
>see through electronics fad
I enjoyed that trend though
>>
>>52611559
Thunderbolt is also fantastic for docking laptops, one cable to dock with a monitor, ethernet and multiple USB and PCI-E devices is crazy good. There must be some restrictive licensing issue or something because I can't understand why other brands haven't adopted it

>>52611591
XP long-term support ended 2 years ago, so security holes major or minor are no longer fixed and anyone using it and accessing the internet basically doesn't care if their computer gets infested with shitware.
>>
File: 1452831817231.png (781 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1452831817231.png
781 KB, 1280x720
>lol wireless will kill 3.5mm

Guess that's why 99.99% of keyboards and mice are still wired.
>>
>>52611616
I just wish Apple would throw a Thunderbolt connector on the bottom of the MacBooks. They love throwing ports in weird places, and it'd enable real docks to be used for MacBooks. It's the only reason I won't buy a MacBook now
>>
>>52611638
>Guess that's why 99.99% of keyboards and mice are still wired.
Yes, because laptops doesn't need their keyboards and mice to be wireless, although I might just be giving the Apple Engineers some stupid ideas for their next MacBook Vacuum edition.
>>
>>52611638
Enjoy listening to shitty compressed audio and having no way to extend its range unlike analouge

>will have to get a 'apple approved' base station to stream your music to your DRE Beats Cuckpod
Oh god their genius...
>>
>>52611657
>muh golden ears
>>
>>52611638
You're kidding right, Apple keyboards and mice have been wireless as standard for 6-7 years now. Game controllers have been wireless as standard for more than a decade now (PS3 in 2005)
>>
>>52611641
i would've said that a plug on the bottom of the device would be retarded but apple went and did it so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i plug my laptop into a thunderbolt ethernet adapter and that hooks my rMBP to my hackintosh, which has a few 4k monitors, peripherals, etc... that i can all control from my laptop with Synergy. I can also control the "other way" (with my hackintosh's keyboard/mouse) if i want.

it's also convenient that if i need to do a reboot i actually don't lose the entire workspace - just whichever needs to go down for a bit (not that it's that big an issue; i just hate a complete interruption like that).
>>
>>52611670
Audiophiles are genuinely the worst kind of people
>>
File: 1452027960332.png (75 KB, 198x198) Image search: [Google]
1452027960332.png
75 KB, 198x198
>>52611672
>Apple keyboards and mice
>>
>>52611672
Apple is a minority faggot, more devices run windows than OSX, and a majority of those are wired.
Wired devices rule the industry, say whatever you want to
>>
>>52610960
>Bluetooth audio is far better than it used to but is still not as good as not using Bluetooth
That is irrelevant. What matters is whether it accomplishes the job most consumers want it to do. Something that satisfactory gets the job done regardless of actual quality is what pretty much always wins when it comes to consumer goods.
>>
>>52611638
>Guess that's why 99.99% of keyboards and mice are still wired.
Only in the PC market :^)
>>
File: intel-light-peak-laser-on1.png (407 KB, 570x381) Image search: [Google]
intel-light-peak-laser-on1.png
407 KB, 570x381
>>52611616
>I can't understand why other brands haven't adopted it

Apple only has like 7-8% market share.

I'm still disappointed it wasn't fiber optic like Intel had planned with Light Peak.
>>
>>52611715
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. Thunderbolt is flat-out just a good solution for laptop docking. Market share shouldn't affect that.
>>
>>52611711
>Only in the PC market :^)
Which just so happens to also be 99.99% of the market that uses keyboard/mouse. :^)
>>
>>52611694
The person I'm responding to made the claim that 99.9% of kb/mice are wired which is just factually wrong. I'm not claiming wireless is widespread, no reason why it shouldn't be though, wireless kb/mice work perfectly.
>>
>there are people in this very thread defending apple

You drones disgust me. Why the fuck do you consider a good idea to remove 3.5mm port? What's wrong with it? How the hell making a proprietary port, which will make the devices not only more expensive, but brings no quality advantage is a good idea when EVERY wired headset, headphone or in-ear phones use 3.5? Why kill something that it's good and there is no fucking reason to change it for some shitty port?
>>
>>52611729
Lightning and thunderbolt are two completely different things.
>>
>>52611729
>Thunderbolt is flat-out just a good solution for laptop docking.

I'm willing to be very few people dock their laptops. Does Lenovo even offer true docks (not port replicators) for ThinkPads at this point? It's kind of a niche thing.
>>
>>52611778
Anecdotally my workplace (>10k employees) assigns every employee a Dell laptop docked to two monitors.
>>
>>52611747
>You drones disgust me. Why the fuck do you consider a good idea to remove 3.5mm port? What's wrong with it? How the hell making a proprietary port, which will make the devices not only more expensive, but brings no quality advantage is a good idea when EVERY wired headset, headphone or in-ear phones use 3.5? Why kill something that it's good and there is no fucking reason to change it for some shitty port?
WAAA, WAAA, I hate progress, WAAA! That's how you sound.

Because I want headsets to be wireless. Wired speakers are the equivelant of wired lightsabers. Wireless are the lightsabers we all know.
>>
>>52611638
Because wireless are more expensive and most people don't change their position much.

If you have wireless headphones you don't need to be tethered to your audio player. You can take it out of your pocket and put it nearby. You can have it across the room charging.

The majority of people would find wireless headphones more useful than wireless keyboard and/or mouse.

Doesn't mean that BT audio isn't still shit.

>>52611657
>Enjoy listening to shitty compressed audio and having no way to extend its range unlike analouge
Just how long is your 3.5mm extension cable?
>>
>>52611836
If lightsabers were wired Luke wouldn't have lost his at Bespin.

Take that, Atheist!
>>
>>52609663
>inb4 someone posts benchmark's

Benchmark are completely useless for average day use. I don't get why you idiots always compare the benchmarks like your life depends on it.
>>
>>52611836
Are you fucking retarded? What progress, what does this new port do better than 3.5mm? And both bluetooth and wireless headsets already exist you dipshit.
>>
>>52611858
Not him but I cut my 3.5mm headphones wire from in between and put around 10 feet worth of wire on it. Now I have ridiculously long headphones
>>
>Apple
>suffering because of "design" decisions

It's a cult. Not an user base.
>>
I have never plugged a pair of headphones into my 6S, but even so, this still stop me from upgrading to another one.
Most of apples shady decisions do kind of make sense from some kind of perspective. This just doesn't, that makes it a bad move on all its whole market.
>>
>>52611883
That's still shorter than the range of bluetooth.
>>
Theyll get used to it
>>
>>52611904
I'm sure it'll make more sense when Apple actually has an opportunity to explain it. That's assuming this is really happening and isn't another pointless rumour.
>>
>>52611917
Can't compare to the quality, it's still better
>>
>>52611929
Superior quality, inferior portability.
If I actually wanted to be 10ft away from the player I'd rather use bluetooth than a wire. Chances are I'd be doing something that would be polluting the sound anyway.
>>
Apple invented wireless headphones. Truly, the most innovative company in history.
>>
>>52612093
The device I am using the headphones with don't have Bluetooth, just an audio out
>>
The S7 with its micro SD slot, water-proofing, and sizeable battery pack (no more camera bump) is going to obliterate Apple this year.
>>
File: 1302226046974.png (23 KB, 618x562) Image search: [Google]
1302226046974.png
23 KB, 618x562
I dont understand how you can cut something useful from a phone and people support it. Then again the last phone I got was a s3 galaxy work gave me that I only use for sending and receiving calls.

If not having a wired headphone is an issue don't buy it is simple as that.

But people will.
>>
>>52612245
Is people started buying stuff solely on the basis of functionality, 90% tech based businesses would come to a halt
>>
>>52612245
There are things that can hold phones back. Removable battery for example, was used by a super tiny margin of people and was holding battery tech back. The audio port is holding the iPhone back right now. And considering the amount of niggers I see on the bus who listen to their 96kbps mix tapes on speaker, probably not many use it.
>>
>>52609293
>you now plug your headphones into the lightning hole.
>can't charge and listen to music at the same time
>putting a second connector on there would be absolutely retarded

i really don't know
>>
>>52609379
you are black or underage, leave this board please.
>>
>>52610223
>>52609349

I don't think they'd ever sell an iPhone without earphones, so if they removed the 3.5mm there's a few things that could happen

1. Sell the phone without 3.5mm or headphones (won't happen)
2. Sell the phone without 3.5mm and include normal headphones and a lightning to 3.5mm adapter
3. Sell the phone without 3.5mm and include Bluetooth headphones.
4. Sell the phone without 3.5mm and include earphones with a lightning connector

Remember, Apple constantly jerks off to music and keeps pushing the musicians use iPhone meme as well as pushing Apple Music. They would never released an iPhone that you can't use for music right out of the box
>>
>>52612370
Wait phones don't have removable batteries? Your kidding right? The batteries don't last forever and are burnt out even further with rapid use what do people do to change the battery?
>>
>>52612459
Headphones don't get outdated; a good pair of headphones is a good pair of headphones. A smartphone on the otherhand becomes outdated shortly after its release, and most people update regularly (every two years, if not less)
>>
>>52612459
>owning a phone for so long it's battery noticeably degrades

Why torture yourself?
>>
>>52609379
>LOL
>paying $600 for a phone even though you won't be doing anythung more demanding than playing candy crush

So you are either a shill or a b8fag. In both cases, you are retarded.
>>
>>52612484
Kek it's like you don't know Apple, they might even go full on kikes and bind headphones to work only with the phones they ship with.
>>
>>52612459
If your battery degrades enough, you can take apart the phone and put in a new one.

>but it's difficult!

If it's too hard for you to replace a battery in a modern phone, you don't belong on /g/. Also, you do this once a year at the most often. 2 years sounds normal though.
>>
>>52609465
>implying you need a specific phone to get laid

You couldn't have made it more obvious that you are a virgin.
>>
>>52612499
Phones don't have enough new features to warrant buying them that often.
>>52612532
Oh alright so long as one can do that it's not a big issue sure is a big hassle though.
>>52612484
Well I have never actully bought a phone they are company provided but I am glad mine supports 3.5 mm heh. People need to stop buying phones every couple of years so cell phone companies can stop stripping features putting a marginally better processor and slightly better camera and making 600 dollars off people
>>
>>52612599
>people need to keep using outdated tech even though it's outdated and better things exist
Yeah, nah.
>>
>>52612532
>but its difficult
Some phones with non removable battery have a battery that is easily serviceable. But some phones can only be opened by removing the display, the motherboard and much much glue (htc one m8 for example)

As an average user it's more likely to break something(for some phones its pretty easy tho since the back is still removable by removing a few screws and nothing is glued in)
>>
>>52612641
Okay here it goes: what can the galaxy s6 can do that then 4 can't. And what can the apple 6 do that the 4 can't and is that worth the price of a new phone. I am open to the idea I work with fiber optics not phones.
>>
>>52612683
Wouldn't know, I'm not a fan of Android or iOS.
>>
>>52612683
Android can run Debian in chroot
iFags fucking can't
>>
>>52612696
Ah feel free to answer the question using the phone of your choice of current model vs 2 models ago.
>>
>>52609349
>>they sell iPhone, and then sell the 50$ external sound card with lightning to [a proprietary meme port] as an add-on
Fixed for maximum profit.
>>
>>52612709
>>
>>52612648
We're all smart consumers on here. If something is important to you in a phone, you should make sure it's available. Buying a phone with an extremely difficult battery removal process, when replacing batteries is important to you, can only be blamed on you.
>>
>>52612716
It should goes without saying that a BlackBerry Q10 can be considered an upgrade from the Android Dev Phone 1. If you want to go into specifics you're free to look up the two models and do some comparisons of your own.
>>
>>52609379
> phone things
> like surfing the internet, taking pictures and check social media
We've come a long way
>>
>>52612742
Not all of us are smart consumers, all accept iPhone users. Give me some things that iPhones can so that Android phones can't, come in in waiting.
>>
>>52612745
>using a phone with a phyiscal keyboard
I like you.
>>
>>52609377
>This decision however affects a wider range of people, pretty much everyone uses their smartphone as a PMP or otherwise needs headphones for their device
Won't affect people who don't care about "muh sound quality", though.
Noticing a pattern here?
>>
>>52612802
Be tracked while turned off
>>
>>52612802
Download and run all apps as compiled binaries
>>
>>52612837
i think snowden mentioned that iPhones have to be put in some kind of a repair mode to be completely silent
>>
>>52612850
Android can run executables too, and I'm not taking of apk java bytecode but binaries
>>
>>52612370
How is removable battery holding battery tech back?
>>
>>52612917
Notice the key phrases "download and run" and "all apps"
>>
>more expensive headphones
>more waste coming from irresponsible users due to the disposal of perfectly good DACs from broken headphones
>adding another battery to be worried about throughout the day
>Adding another point of failure in your headphones
>won't be able to connect properly anyways due to all the bluetooth noise coming from all the other dumbfucks using bluetooth audio
how is this better than a 3.5mm audio jack?
>>
Will thin become too thin soon? I'm getting real tired of this.
>>
>>52612924
Requires special housing, limiting the size and shape of a battery, on a device where space is the most valuable commodity.

A phone without a removable battery can have a battery that's more powerful, or a smaller battery.
>>
>>52612965
It's because Apple can make more money off dumb faggots who only care about showing off to their friends
>>
>>52612965
>>52612924
It's over companies can do anything and people will buy them.
>>
>>52612983
m8, there are other forces driving the research into higher-capacity batteries other than fucking smartphones, you dumbfuck
>>
>>52613011
Maybe you should reread my original post. I said removable batteries held phones back.
>>
File: 1445301162827.jpg (79 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1445301162827.jpg
79 KB, 720x960
You Androidfags will stop laughing at Apple when the next Samsung Galaxy copies it. Then ditching the 3.5mm port will magically become "innovative."
>>
>>52613047
>Removable battery for example, was used by a super tiny margin of people and was holding battery tech back

LOOOOOOOOL
>>
>>52613078
No we won't, we're not retarded like Apple faggots. Have we EVER done that before? I know you ifags have
>>
>>52613081
Yea, that's what I said.
>>
>>52613106
Yes, in that post you said that it was battery tech that was being held back. Now you did a complete 180 and said it was holding phones back. I'd like to see what type of gymnastics you would come up with this.
>>
File: mail.google.com.jpg (190 KB, 1890x691) Image search: [Google]
mail.google.com.jpg
190 KB, 1890x691
>>52611812
>Dell laptop docked to two monitors
This seems to be the standard.

Dell has made the docking option extremely available for enterprise solutions.

Pic related is my Dell Latitude docked into a three-monitor setup.
>>
>>52613130
So the dell docking supports 3 monitors now ?
>>
File: 20150729_061128.jpg (220 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
20150729_061128.jpg
220 KB, 1280x720
>>52613602
Yeah, I'm using two DVI and one VGA.
>>
File: special_deal.png (9 KB, 619x400) Image search: [Google]
special_deal.png
9 KB, 619x400
>>52609379
>>
>>52613078

the only reason they would get rid of it is to waterproof the phone, period
>>
Apple has enough people locked on the market because iPhone is considered to be the device for people with high social status, especially among poor people who gauge shit by blue and green bubbles because they're too poor to afford unlimited texting, but somehow rich enough to afford an iPhone and a monthly pair of Jordans.
They can do this headphone jack switch and nothing will go wrong. In fact, it's just going to make the other phone makers follow along.
Not to mention a good amount of people are just using Bluetooth anyway, so it's not like it even matters.
>>
>>52609187
Because Apple now owns Beats by Dre.
If they switch the headphone jack, all the kids are going to tell their parents to go buy them new sets of Beats headphones because the old ones are no longer compatible with the new iPhone.
It's pretty fucking smart. Evil, but smart.
>>
>>52613948
Sony phones don't need to ditch it, and they're water proof (well, close enough)
>>
>>52613948
My S4 Active is waterproof and has a proper headphone jack.
>>
>>52609145
2015 and 2016 are shaping up to be some of the worst years for product design i have ever lived through, First android lolipop turning android into a crayon box then Microshit releasing spydows 10 and now Apple wants to make you buy new proprietary headphones.

Christ. Wake me up when its over.
>>
File: nokia3220.jpg (19 KB, 468x260) Image search: [Google]
nokia3220.jpg
19 KB, 468x260
>>52614161
2013 was the last good year for phones because of the snapdragon 800/Nexus 5.

Now we have the mtk6752 but no one wants to use mediatek so phones are stagnated.

Windows 10 is a polished piece of shit.

Lollipop was okay, but kitkat+art was better.

IPhone fell to shit with the iPhone 6.

3.5gb/128 bit and rebrandeon.

1 port macbook

Since 2013 it's just been going downhill. Only reason I upgraded from Nexus 5 was the battery just wasn't holding a charge properly.

I remember when we had real innovation and new technology. Despite everything being faster and more efficient now, I miss those times. The technology industry had a real drive to push out new ideas that were different.

Now instead of trying to stand out their trying to rip off each others ideas and customers. New designs are dead.
>>
>>52609145
They dont even care anymore.
People are going to buy iphones no matter what they fuck with i bet a fiver on that they aint going to put more than 2 gigs of ram in the 7
>>
>>52609293
>sound great with their beats
>beats
>sound great
>beats
>>
I defend Apple products on /g/ just to make people butthurt
>>
>>52615321
This. I have absolutely no reason to (nor care to) defend Apple, I just do because I have some of their devices at hand, know enough to defend them, and love watching how upset you retards get over the smallest and most irrelevant things
>>
>>52609187
They want to see how much retardation they can get away with since they essentially have a cult following.

It's like the new Magic Mouse with the charging port on the bottom of it, or the perpendicular port for the iPad Pro pen.
>>
>>52609857
>like I already knew

Yeah sure you knew, it must suck to be proven wrong kek
>>
>>52609196
Makes it easier to make a waterproof device me thinks. For the missing plug, well it's not like I have 20 different headphones. Once I get the adapter, I'm good.

>>52609307
Funny how Apple makes more money in a quarter than Google makes in forever...
http://www.theverge.com/2016/1/21/10810834/android-generated-31-billion-revenue-google-oracle
Bottom third paragraph
>>
>>52615321
>>52615364
it's too easy when zealots get so worked up that they paint themselves into a corner that demands they be absolutist about what they say (e.g. saying there's absolutely nothing good about X or Y, which is easy to refute because even the smallest redeeming quality sends them into an autistic fit).
>>
>>52609145
my mom uses an iPhone. why make things complicated for that demographic
>>
>>52616381
this.

most customers don't have strong opinions about their headphones. if apple can make wireless headphones work without an awkward pairing process, people will gladly give up their regular jacks. if the plug "only" works with their iphone, at least 80% of consumers definitely won't care in real life. of those that remain, half will complain just because it represents something they don't like, and half will complain because they genuinely want to use their regular headphones with their iPhone.

but all of them will tolerate an adapter.
>>
>>52609379
How is apples cock tasting in ur mouth?
>>
>>52609145
>Applefags will defend this
>>
>>52609379
>poor use of English
>syntax and grammatical errors
you're totally a south american retard.
>>
Apple already lost me at least. I hopped on the fag train with the 3GS, which I still regard an excellent phone. I should've just kept using it til it broke, because up until 2011 it didn't have a single flaw aside its limited memory.

I had an Android phone in between, but the time wasn't ready for Android. I was so disappointed with it, that I bought an iPhone 5. I wanted it so bad, that I got the poorfag 16gb model that I regretted later on, because the 32 was sold out everywhere and the 64 was too expensive. It was a good phone and did what it supposed to do until christmas. By then it was quite frankly outdated, even though it functioned fine, its battery was worn. It did run every task smoothly, which was to its credit, but maybe more about the OS it used, iOS is made so it's very light on resources and doesn't lag no matter what. This is what Android got so wrong for a long time.

Why I didn't get a new iPhone was Apple taking the cloud bloat route instead of keeping it simple, the reason why iOS originally worked so well. The music player was made to search for online content before accessing local content. I got incredibly frustrated with it before they fixed it, but even after it didn't work well enough, it certainly was gimped.

iPhones are astronomically expensive now and you don't get exceptional anything anymore. Smooth menu transitions aren't a sales point anymore now that Android phones have enough power to run smoothly. I guess the OS has come a long way too.

Now the iPhone has nothing to offer me. Locked OS that's getting progressively worse, stupid price tag and gimped features (like NFC disabled except for iPay or whatever bullshit name it has). I'm a happy Nexus 5X owner. This phone is thinner than an iPhone but costs like under half of what a 6S would be. And as far as I could tell, it's certainly not 50% better.
>>
>>52616381
>Funny how Apple makes more money in a quarter than Google makes in forever...

>a company earns more with an expensive hardware and software combination than a company that gives away its softwre for free

Stop the presses!
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
8 KB, 480x360
They're only doing it for money.

Take a look at the iPod touch. It's a lot slimmer than the iPhone 6, but it still has a headphone jack. They just want to sell $50 adapters.
>>
>>52609145
sup nigga

don't forget to buy "Beats By Dr. Dre" version 2016
yo we totally made these OFF THE HOOK awesome
but you can only hear their STUDIO SIGNATURE SOUND
when you hook it up with LIGHTNING

Get yours today, only $399.99
>>
>losing customers to something shit
dont think so senpai
Thread replies: 252
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.