[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Online Certifications
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 2016-01-18-10-03-47--88052188.jpg (4 KB, 147x147) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-18-10-03-47--88052188.jpg
4 KB, 147x147
Anons, i want to know if onlines cerftifications like the ones given by, for example, pic related, are really worth it. What do you think about them and what sites would you recommend? I am already studying for a CS Degree and im on my third year, but i really would like to have more than this. For now i only have CCNA, is more than a shitty certification at least.
Sorry shitty english.
>>
>>52489772
Bumping as I'm also interested, nothing to do until June-ish.
>>
>>52489772
also interested. coursera certs involved here, too
>>
>>52489772
I heard that w3schools is basically a scam.
>>
File: test.png (503 KB, 1396x909) Image search: [Google]
test.png
503 KB, 1396x909
not OP here
>
thinking of pic related? anyone has done these?
>>
Bumping. I'm thinking about taking a course on coursera.org. Worth it?
>>
OP Here bumping, it seems like im not the only one interested on this. I really want to expand my CV
>>
>>52489772
Bumping, interested.
>>
I do freelance CompSec jobs. I have gotten many jobs due to online certs. Udemy is accepted by alot of freelance jobs. That is where I have the majority of my certs.

A few wanted me to have codeacademy certs (yes yes I know). So I got those to appease them and get a few jobs.

Mainly I would recommend Udemy for online certs. As they are on sale all the time (usually up to 90% off) and are accepted by all the freelance sites I post my profiles on. They can also get you discounts on CompTIA cert test. (Certain classes anyway). Also recommend the codeacademy CLI and web-dev certs (php, JS, HTML, etc).
>>
Does somebody know about "Cybrary"?
>>
>>52493488
Cybrary is a good resource for learning, yes. If that is what you are asking? They also have an app that isn't half bad.
>>
You could do this. This is a very intensive program that is free. It is also the equivalent of a Bachelors degree. All for free (for the most part). I am sure this would definitely be taken into consideration by a prospective employer. As alot of the classes are Harvard, Stanford, MIT, etc. Just by doing this and getting some certs from Udemy, along with experience, will put you miles ahead of other people. And you can do it without getting in debt, while being qualified for jobs, yet not being "over qualified". I have come across employers that prefer people with certs and/or experience over degrees.

>>>http://blog.agupieware.com/2014/06/online-learning-intensive-bachelors.html?m=1
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.