[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is remix OS good? Have you tried it? Remix OS thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Remix_OS.png (10 KB, 300x254) Image search: [Google]
Remix_OS.png
10 KB, 300x254
So is remix OS good? Have you tried it?
Remix OS thread
>>
stop spamming. nobody cares.

it's interesting but basically useless.
>>
>>52468203
Why?
>>
>>52468218
Alpha as fuck, unstable.
>>
>>52468203
/thread

No stop posting and let this thread die
>>
>>52468218
>android on a desktop
And you need to ask why?
>>
>>52468134
WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU WANT A GIMPED ASS CHINK MADE OS FOR A DESKTOP?

WHY IS THIS EVEN A QUESTION?

ENJOY YOUR 50 RUPES YOU INDIAN FAGGOT.
>>
>proprietary
>desktop android distribution
>from china
consider the above and decide on your own
>>
>>52468134
Is it even open source?
>>
>>52468353
It's Android, and Android is Linux

No shit it's open source you fucking idiot.
>>
Its android on a desktop, what else is there to talk about?

Its buggy as fuck but somewhat usable.

Good idea, below-average execution but props for not being completely unusable like ChromeOS.

Interesting to see where this goes.
>>
>>52468358
Android is licensed under an unrestrictive license, idiot. Remix itself is proprietary, even though the AOSP is not.
>>
>>52468358
Yeah but 90% of it software might not be.
>>
>>52468358
Is this real b8? Is this just fantasy?
>>
Anyone use it?
>>
It's basically a skin (or "Distro" if you want to be like that) for Android x86 with some neat features making it more like a desktop OS

There are tablets that switch between Android and Windows 10, and I'd much rather have Remix OS than android in that situation.

It's buggy as fuck right now though, although it's available on some Chinese tablets and their own Mini PC on which it works fine, the x86 port is shit right now
>>
>>52468134
fuck off with your meme buddy

your advertising on 4chan sux, end of the story
>>
This is a new OS that was designed to run Android apps on dekstop PC, if people can talk about Android on /g/ then this OS has all rights to have a thread once in a while, saying that anyone who wants to talk about new software is a shill is fucking retarded and you either are butthurt about something or are trying to fit in, if that's the case you're an idiot and should fuck off.

>>52468369
>Chrome OS
>Literally runs only game apps for toddlers

Natively Remix OS can run pretty much 90% of Android apps, though I noticed it's slow as fuck on USB, I should probably try installing it on a SSD and see if it runs better, there're tricks to unlock the 4GB limit of storage space if you read their forums, I'm gonna try that later.
>>
File: 0cWgQge.png (240 KB, 1138x925) Image search: [Google]
0cWgQge.png
240 KB, 1138x925
come on, even reddit knows about this. the eula is aggressive
>>
>>52468134

Nobody cares, it's terrible, it's Chinese, it's botnet, OP is a faggot

SAGE
>>
>>52470321
I thought that only applied to the "site"? that's what I read in the EULA if I remember well, I imagine they offer some kind of cloud like google drive, or maybe have a convention with google themselves, google already does that and nobody gave a shit though.
>>
>>52470321
does nobody get it?

If you live in a proper country with sane laws, no EULA can do shit.

EULA does not overwrite country specific laws you ameriplebs
>>
A desktop OS, based on a mobile OS who is based on a desktop OS with a ton of features removed and replaced.

What could go wrong.

God I hope it soesnt succeed
>>
>>52468134
For Linux there's a guide to root Remix OS here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/general/root-remix-os-pc-t3292933

You can root Remix OS and transfer files into the image archive from Windows 7 too if you use Ext2Fsd (EXT4 driver) and OSFMount to mount it (or any other capable software if you know any), just follow the same principle as explained in the Linux guide.

Did anyone notice that the image viewer app crashes the OS or it's just me? can't open images for shit.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.