[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here had one of these bad boys?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: imac-lead_0.jpg (150 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
imac-lead_0.jpg
150 KB, 1280x720
Who here had one of these bad boys?
>>
Yeah me neither.
>>
I almost got the emac but I came to my senses and just got the mac mini instead.
>>
>>52451474
>emac
>not vi
>>
Those things were a bitch to type on. The mouse was also barely functionable...

Would totally use one if I were to come across one for free though. They're literally unfindable now adays, aren't they worth alot on eBay?
>>
>>52451740
Apple users have more money than sense, they will literally go into debt to buy it if you say it's Apple.
>>
I remember my father telling me that he had preordered one back in the day.

I didn't really care desu, then there was some kind of distributor fuck up and we didn't end up receiving it (I live in the third world).

When found out how bad macintosh was with computer games and that I wouldn't be able to play my red alert, not even my day of the tentacle, I was left with a sense that I had dodged a bullet.
>>
What the fuck would I want a light bright for?
>>
Stood in line the night it was released and was one of the first to buy one.

Now I hate Apple for so many reasons, not least of which was that the OS back then was more intuitive and usable than it is now.
>>
>>52451740
God dammit I saw one at a thrift shop a while ago for fifty dollars. It was working and everything I totally should've bought it.
>>
>>52451229
My school.
>>
I have like three of them in storage

Rev. A models are maximum shitboxes that can't even run contemporary software well thanks to the stock 32 MB of RAM, at least it's nice and portable in its bag.
>>
I was still using my Amiga when the iMac came out. No way I could have afforded one.
>>
>>52451229
I had like 4 of the CD slot load iMacs.
>>
my sister had one
>>
>>52451229
I had to set one of those up for my university newspaper, it was never used, I blame it on the shitty mouse.
>>
>>52451229
I didn't own one personally but my elementary school in Tennessee used them.
>>
>>52451229
My wife's son had one but he never let me even touch it.
>>
>>52454440
>not least of which was that the OS back then was more intuitive and usable than it is now.
It was not. How ignorant are you?
>>
File: IMG_1067.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1067.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I have an iMac G3 of some description. Got it cheap as free from a high school.

Wish I could have gotten an 1GHz eMac they had, but they threw that away before I could take it. That thing was much better, since it wasn't completely gutless and had an very good CRT in.
>>
>>52457141
I still use OS 9 and I find it pretty enjoyable and intuitive to use. It's still a kludgy piece of shit of course, but it's not very hard to figure out.
>>
elementary school had them
>>
File: IMG_0329.jpg (1 MB, 3024x3024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0329.jpg
1 MB, 3024x3024
>>52457299
*"A very good CRT", rather

Here's a more recent (read: minutes ago) photo. All I currently use it for is ripping CDs to lossless using XLD. It's too gutless for anything else.

More RAM would help it, but I don't want to throw away money for it.
>>
>>52451229
I still have two of them in my parents' house.
Dad is running Xubuntu with a CRT
>>
>>52451229
I've got two, a 1999 and a 2000. Think one is 350mhz one is 700. Both with 768mb of ram, one is the special edition snow, the other is like the OP.

I have the 700mhz one connected to the net, use it to play old mac games.
>>
>>52457658
Look into it anyway, PC66 is cheap as fuck.

10.4 must be awful on that thing as well, have you considered reverting to an earlier version of OS X, or even Linux? Don't think OS 9 would do you any good for that use case though.
>>
>>52451229
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOEKBC1JPz4
>>
>>52457435
I'm not using os 9, but using a PowerPC G4 Dual w/ 4gb ram and the pci-x (not express, x) GeForce 6800, I think it's running Snow Leopard? It's more intuitive in 9 mode than running normally...
>>
File: imac.jpg (685 KB, 2064x1548) Image search: [Google]
imac.jpg
685 KB, 2064x1548
>>52457814
Here's one of them. It actually has the guts from the limited edition snow in it because the monitor is slowly going on the other one.
>>
can't do anything modern
why not just use a 486
>>
>>52457658
I've got OS9 working on mine >>52457988

OSX runs so slow on them, even with the 768mb of ram.
>>
>>52451229
I use it as a boat anchor.
>>
>>52457299
There's an emac for sale nearby for $80. If i wasn't so fucking broke i'd pick it up. It's in great shape, he'd probably take 60 if i offered.
>>
>>52451229
I bought one for $20 years ago from a kid I worked with. I think I turned it on once and then it just sat and collected dust.
>>
>>52457988

... Will you go to http://www.neopets.com/ and screencap?
For that middle school nostalgia.
>>
File: neopets.jpg (600 KB, 2064x1161) Image search: [Google]
neopets.jpg
600 KB, 2064x1161
>>52458350
Just for you anon.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.