[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>zero day discovered in FFmpeg >implying freetards and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8
File: 1449165087566.png (226 KB, 620x670) Image search: [Google]
1449165087566.png
226 KB, 620x670
>zero day discovered in FFmpeg
>implying freetards and open sores developers can do anything right
HAHAHAHAHAHA! PROPRIETARY SOFTWARE MASTER RACE WINS AGAIN! LINUX BTFO AS USUAL!
>>
>zero day discovered in windows
>no-one knows about it
>microsoft doesn't give a shit
>>
Why did you need to make another thread about this?
>>
>>52435501
>damage control
>>
>>52435501
Truth
>>
linuxes literally btfo out
>>
>>52435484
zero day is found in prorietary software all the time. Only difference is that proprietary software takes weeks and months to fix it and might not even know about it, while free software is fixed and patched the same day.
>>
>>52435515
>telling no one
>not fixing it
that's not damage control that's procrastinating and postponing the problem
>>
>>52435501
>updates come out all the time
>HAHA WINTARDS ENJOY YOUR BOTNET xDDDDD\
>Meanwhile updates fix shit like this

Freetards will never be pleased.
>>
>>52435484
> zero day discovered in *insert any FOSS here*
> haha rekt freetards on suicide watch
> zero day discovered in *insert any proprietary soft here*
> software owners refuse to even admit it, let alone make a fix
Mhm.
>>
File: flash.png (1 MB, 1090x8140) Image search: [Google]
flash.png
1 MB, 1090x8140
>>
>>52435578
Fucking disgusting.
>>
>>52435484
OH MY GOD THESE MOTHERFUCKING ILLITERATE /V/ SPILLOVER WINNIGGERS READ UP SOURCE FIRST AND TRY TO CONTAIN THE RETARD WITHIN YOU.
>>
>>52435501
>>52435545
>>52435531
>>52435564
Any program that isn't patched because it's bundled with ffmpeg is fucked. It'll take a long time to fix this mess

>>52435578
>>52435607
I rather trust proprietary flash over freetard crap that doesn't work

>>52435624
Stay assblasted freetard
>>
>>52435624
I swear there's something bigger going on. Not just /g/ has been affected in the last few weeks. There are /b/-tier "humor" threads popping up on several boards. Uninformed, unfunny and vulgar shitposting has visibly gone up.
Does some large English speaking country have school holidays? What is going on?
>>
>>52435484
A zero-day vulnerability in the FFmpeg open-source multimedia framework, which is currently used in numerous Linux kernel-based operating systems and software applications, also for the Mac OS X and WINDOWS platforms, has been discovered recently by Russian programmer Maxim Andreev in the current stable builds of the software. It appears to let anyone with the necessary skills hack a computer to read local files on a remote machine and send them over the network using a specially crafted video file. Arch Linux devs already rebuilt their FFmpeg packages without the AppleHTTP and HLS demuxers.
Non-Arch users BTFO!
>>
>>52435668
So just a Band-Aids fix and not an actual fix? Typical
>>
>>52435646
Can you name a program that comes bundled with ffmpeg? I believe usually on Linux systems it comes as a separate package. Thanks.
>>
>>52435668
>Non-Arch users BTFO!
Debian did not have it enabled in the first place.
>>
>>52435646
>trusting flash
>>
>>52435657
Dunno, man. I feel like this kids just are in holidays
None of them knows A THING and yet shitpost like indians
>>
>>52435686
>Average argument of a winnegger
>>
>>52435686
How is that a band-aid fix? Those are the vulnerable components.
>>52435710
Debian is a server distro.
>>
>>52435501
/thread
>>
>>52435657
Great post, you seem like you've been here for many years.
>>
>>52435701
Almost every single GUI video converter for Windows is a wrapper for ffmpeg. Most of them state it in their license agreement.
>>
>>52435749
Nigger, just give up. You did not know jack shit about ffmpeg a few hours ago. You saw a random article and decided to open a shit thread here
>>
>>52435686
>Removes the vulnerable and otherwise useless components with a single additional compiler instruction
Right... Then again we are talking about microshills here and they tend to know fuck all about software as they're only here from /v/ because of gayman hardware.
>>
>>52435743
>Debian is a server distro.
My desktop and laptop say otherwise.
Running Debian unstable for 5 years in a row.
>>
File: 372979.jpg (43 KB, 473x500) Image search: [Google]
372979.jpg
43 KB, 473x500
>>52435775
That was my first post in here. Damn you sure are butt blasted over this whole open source ffmpeg fiasco!
>>
>>52435749
>Great post, you seem like you've been here for many years.
Yes. These steep declines in post quality seem to occur periodically. I still do not see any correlations however.
>>
>>52435786
Do you want a medal, fucktard?

>otherwise useless
I use hls streams for a couple of sites without html5 video.
>>
>>52435743
Linux is a server OS
>>
>>52435820
Why are Arch users so vulgar?
>>
>>52435796
It wasn't your first post, you fucking /v/ spill, now before you post (You) proof, please fucking close this tab
>>
>>52435841
Why winniggers so /b/ tier?
>>
>>52435796
>Vulnerabilities in closed source software found all the time
>Threads never get made because of how common they are
>Somehow every single vulnerability in open source software is worthy of it's own thread
Right... Well I guess microshills are naturally going to feel threatened with all the spying found in windows 10 as they reacted about the same way to vista being so shit back in the day. God it was funny seeing them rage at apple's PC vs Mac ads that mocked how bad vista was.
>>
>>52435831
tell that to the faggots in the desktop threads
>>
File: 1452302007718.png (457 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1452302007718.png
457 KB, 600x450
>>52435484
You little piece of shit, do you even know what is ffmpeg and where it is used? Being a winbabby is fine, being an annoying faggot is on a completely different level
>>
File: 7328.jpg (11 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
7328.jpg
11 KB, 251x242
>>52435862
>God it was funny seeing them rage at apple's PC vs Mac ads that mocked how bad vista was.
You mean like how Linux users have raged on obscure forums for the past 20 years over windows and continue to do so?
Pretty funny, somtimes I take my kids to these forums and we laugh like looking at monkeys doing stupids at the zoo!
>>
>>52435890
>Dumb frogposter implying he kissed anyone but his mum
>>
File: 1452392951045.jpg (14 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
1452392951045.jpg
14 KB, 228x221
>Windows will not provide changelogs for their updates
>Wincucks will not even know if it is fixed for them

MY FUCKING SIDES
>>
>>52435578
>all these were found in a single day
>>
>>52436219
Yes, it is batshit insane to have Adobe Flash installed anywhere outside of a VM with snapshots that is not used for anything else.
>>
File: ignorance.jpg (79 KB, 500x708) Image search: [Google]
ignorance.jpg
79 KB, 500x708
>>52436199
You know what they say, ignorance is bliss.

Picture related pretty much says it all about microshills and their view on security.
>>
>>52436219
That only makes it even worse as they've then let that many unfixed vulnerabilities just pile up over time rather than fixing them as they're discovered.
>>
>>52435890
>Being this asspained
Not even a Linux user BTW
>>
>>52435753
>Windows
who cares
>>
This is getting ridiculous.

Have you ever looked at the change logs of the average Microsoft or Oracle patch day?
>By the way here is a bulk of 63 fixed CVEs with remote code executions, use after free and privilege escalations that were open for months. You are on your own till the next patch day in N weeks btw.

Whenever there is a single issue in an OSS project everyone makes a huge fuzz about it even gives it a name and a fucking logo. You guys really need to calm down about this, OSS projects usually handle issues like that very responsibly, make every aspect of it public and fix the issue with a fast response time.
>>
I will always buy Microsoft Windows™ because the future starts now™. Microsoft also pioneers innovative new technologies like DirectX™, Office™, and the highest quality operating system to ever grace computers.
When I boot up with a brand new computer running Microsoft Windows™ with the latest Z chipset powered by Intel™ and latest Nvidia™ graphics, I can enjoy the games the way they where meant to be played™. Microsoft™ also pioneers in the gaming field with its latest xbox game console to allow gamers to play on their big screens with family and friends.
Microsoft Windows™ is also very secure. It's the most secure operating system on the planet. It's harden against NSA probes, tested by highly trained and experienced programming engineers to have ever graced this planet. With such innovative security technologies like UAC, Defender, Security Essentials, BitLocker, and Windows™ Firewall you can ensure all your sensitive data is secured and you're safe on the internet. Microsoft™ most advanced, and dare say, the most advance web browser on the market, Edge™, has decoupled addon support, like flash, to ensure maximum user safety when browsing the web. You can ensure Microsoft™ keeps you safe from the NSA.
At this point in time there's really no reasons to consider Linux. I tried once. It caused my Nvidia™ graphics to overheat so much due to its poor quality, novice programmed, open source drivers that it exploded and nearly burnt down my house.
It's quite clear that OPs a Linux shill trying to convince you to settle on something less than the optimal experience with Windows™. Windows™ is the only real way to play games or do anything productive. We've seen that they offer incredible libraries for software developers like Visual Studio and Microsoft C++ Compiler. He is probably too poor to afford the Microsoft Windows™ experience and can not afford to play any games.
Don't be a poor gamer with bad security and no drivers. The Future Starts Now™ with Microsoft Windows™
>>
>>52435512
go see the other thread winniggers were btfo in the other thread
>>
>>52436671
Where?
>>
>>52435646
>Any program that isn't patched because it's bundled with ffmpeg is fucked.
>Winfags
>>
>>52436910
If you were smart, you be using Windows
>>
>>52436248
Same thing for Linux, you feel great when you pretend you're secure.
>>
>>52435501
>no-one knows about it
>therefore it's no problem
>>
>>52435484
We already have one of these threads.

I'm also really confused about why you would make this thread. I know you're just baiting but still.

Enjoy your shit show I guess.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.