[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some of the worst tech/gadget trends that have existed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: sodastream.jpg (69 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
sodastream.jpg
69 KB, 700x700
What are some of the worst tech/gadget trends that have existed?

My vote goes for the soda stream. All flavors tasted like absolute shit. Only good if you really love bubbled water. But still not worth the money
>>
The worst part is that it's not even cheaper.
>>
>>52424888
This. And you're fucked if the tap water in your area is particularly shitty.
>>
>All flavors tasted like absolute shit
You would know, gayfucker
>>
Protip: MAKE YOUR OWN TASTES! LIKE THE JUICE OF A COUPLE OF LEMONS MIXED WITH WATER! TAKE A WALK ON THE WILD SIDE, WILL YA?
>>
>>52424731
My dad gave me one of those, like a year ago.
I use it with vodka to get me drunk quicker.
>>
>>52424966
?
>>
>>52424731
its good if you use soda water a ton
>>
File: ISIS.jpg (31 KB, 396x226) Image search: [Google]
ISIS.jpg
31 KB, 396x226
>>52424731
>worst tech
>sodastream
are you even trying, for example new macbook air, with shit-tier keyboard and no ports what so ever.
>>
Tesla
>>
My parents bought into a machine like this called the "sodamate".

Worst shit ever. CO2 needed to be filled constantly, none of the flavours were good, and ants invaded the syrups one day and ruined everything. Shit cost like $800.
>>
>>52425071

This. Buy the adapter that lets you use a paintball CO2 container for even more savings. Or you could attach one of those 100lb CO2 cylinders. Gas companies will fill these up for 10 bucks.
>>
>>52425117
FUCK YOU
>>
The cream soda was the only decent flavor. I've got two of these fucking soda streams because of gifts.
>>
>>52425101
I wouldn't say it's the worst laptop out there
It's very portable and useful for basic tasks, but not much more.
Although, the one-port idea is the worst idea ever, even the Chromebook Pixel has two.
Have you even used the laptop?
>>
Can you recarbonate flat drinks?
If so, that seems slightly neat but I can get why it would fall out of use.
Also, IrDA. Nothing uses that shit.
>>
>>52425180
ive looked at it, and to be honest, i'd proberly buy if it was out for like 200€, since it is a very nice portable solution. But the price. My point is that the sodastream is not a that bad product, i mean there is far worse solutions out there that needs light.
>>
K-cups
shittier coffee for more money
inb4 poorfag
>>
>>52424731
That DRM coffee machine i can't find the image but im sure some /g/ fag has it.
>>
It's worth if you get the natural flavorings like lemon lime and such. I have a hard time finding good sparkling water where I am; it's expensive and they don't sell cases full of cans, only fucking bottles which quickly go flat. I fucking hate buying large plastic bottles of carbonated drink. Sodastream is a good alternative, I can keep the bottles in the fridge already filled with water and carbonate them when I want a drink.

And to be fair, SOME of their soda syrups are actually good; the mountain dew clone was great. I think it was called mountain mist? I forget. Their Dr. Pete shit was meh, and their coke is absolutely god awful.
>>
any of those kitchen gadgets from infomercials.
why buy a regular blender when you can buy one for $200?
>>
File: nonfree beverage.jpg (65 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
nonfree beverage.jpg
65 KB, 600x600
>>52425261
this one?
>>
soda streams are fucking expensive to keep running unless you mod them to accept paintball cannisters
>>
I liked my Soda Stream.

I never use it anymore, but when I did, I liked it.
>>
Cartridge razors
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.