[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I was looking through my apps too see what was running taking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_2016-01-13-21-22-51.png (164 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-13-21-22-51.png
164 KB, 1080x1920
So I was looking through my apps too see what was running taking up my memory and noticed this.
What the hell is this?
>>
Rooting time friend
>>
>>52410215
That's quite possibly the most botnet service I've ever heard of.
>>
>>52410215
kek didn't even try to name it something less indicative
>>
>>52410215
>paying for this
>>
>>52410281
I would, but no PC.

Maybe I should just upgrade to an iPhone. Is apple as invasive as Google and Samsung?
>>
I dont know what you've done OP but its your fault. Apps cant be installed that easy on an Android without your notice especially on a Samsung device with Knox and Smart Manager.
>>
>>52410507
I haven't done anything. Nothing was even downloafed, it just popped up there.
>>
>>52410507
however OP I'm gonna tell you what this peace of software is. It as a Samsung Device Tracker, it tracks (when u are singed to Samsung Device Manager) your device via a Web service. It is there for you when you have lost your smartphone.

I guess u've already set up the samsung account. Otherwise it wouldn't be there. And yes, Apple has the same service via the iCloud.

Now gtfo faggot and use a search engine next time.
>>
Time to root and remove a few system apps!
>>
>>52410574
Oh, thanks for the help.
Sorry, I'm a bit paranoid about being watched and stuff.
>>
>>52410625
u are being watched. No matter which carrier or OEM. To proof that you aren't watched by the OEM you have to grant root rights and to disable all the fancy stuff. If u are on a S5 or lower go for root rights and use Xposed Framework in combination with xPrivacy.

xPrivacy gives you the ability to fully control the permissions of each system and/or downloaded app.
>>
>>52410475
Pretty much. Mainstream smart phones all have this tracking software built in.

Whether you can see it or not is the question
>>
File: 1450203464433.jpg (53 KB, 784x811) Image search: [Google]
1450203464433.jpg
53 KB, 784x811
>>52410625
we all are
>>
Isn't mobile tracker Google's version of find my phone?
>>
>>52410665
No, I mean by the police and stuff. I'm in a constant fear of being tracked by them and getting V8 for no reason.
>>52410680
Is it any better in general? I've only had my S5 for a year, and it's getting terribly laggy. I've put all the data on an sd, so it has plenty of storage. I've Uninstalled most apps, I have none that use more than a few kb of memory in the background. And even when I'm only running 1 or 2 programs at a time it still runs horribly slow.
>>
>>52410766
6s+ is easily the best phone you can get right now.
>>
>>52410847
Yeah, I'm thinking I'm going to upgrade to that. In rose gold of course, so I can show off my faggotry.
>>
>>52410215
A tracking application, obviously.
>>52410766
> even when I'm only running 1 or 2 programs at a time it still runs horribly slow.
Lagdroid happened. If you really want privacy, all you can do is enable airplane mode, otherwise you can't avoid tracking.
But if you don't like lags and don't want to overpay for iOS, you can use Blackberry OS 10, it can run (most) Lagdroid apps, and its own apps do not lag.
>>
>>52410921
I thought blackberry was limited on apps? Did they allow the play store onto it now?
The new blackberry priv did look pretty cool. I prefer a physical keyboard, it feels better actually having something to click. That's why when I picked out my android I went with Samsung, I like the physical buttons it has.
>>
>>52410881
>rose gold
it looks like fucking copper
>>
>>52411332
Eh, it's pink enough. It's not as good as hot pink, but the best of any other phone.
>>
>>52411074
What play store? You mean Google's adware repository? Fuck that shit, I'll install from .apk if necessary. All the basic apps are already there, chances are you won't even need anything from Lagdroid.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.