[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Steam game for a tech fix?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: QkNulv4.jpg (358 KB, 1036x1600) Image search: [Google]
QkNulv4.jpg
358 KB, 1036x1600
Have a tech issue, willing to buy the person who comes up with the fix a reasonably priced steam game, would that be allowed here?
>>
File: U4rxhLA.gif (472 KB, 500x267) Image search: [Google]
U4rxhLA.gif
472 KB, 500x267
>>52408902
why don't you pay me like a normal fucking person.
>>
What's the issue anyway?

Have you tried turning it off and on again, whatever it is?
>>
IL post the issue before we go over payment options

Have a Belkin N52TE gamepad i used for several games, mainly wow

Haven't used it in months, but it did work at one point, decided to go back into WoW yesterday, the pads lighting kicks in when plugged in, boot up the button editor program and WoW, now nothing works on the pad except for the scroll key, not just for wow but anything, the key strokes are not being recognized
>>
>>52409138
yes ive uninstalled and reinstalled the program, tried different ports and did everything i could think of in the device manager
>>
>>52409138
yeah mate, you need to update the drivers, or go to the manufactures website and install the drivers.

also, go to windows device manager, and uninstall the drivers before you install the new ones. just right click it and uninstall the software from the properties menu.

you can also try a "driver rollback" if it's available
>>
>>52409196
using current drivers, belkin went retard and removed all but the last version of those drivers, will try roll back if that does anything
>>
>>52409170
Is the pad recognized / usable outside of the game? ie windows gamepad calibration thing.

If not, disconnect the pad, do a proper driver cleanup, install legacy/old drivers , and then plug the pad.
>>
>>52409138
>>52409170
Has the part of the cable where it meets the controller been under stress whilst you've not been using it?

I had a 360 controller that had the cable bent for an extended period of time and would then only work when you had the cable at the exact right angle.

Do you have any other computer you could test the controller out on? That way you can easily see if it's a hardware or a software problem.
>>
>>52409215
ok, the rollback might help. if it dosen't work, just uninstall them completely, reboot, then reinstall the current ones.

does the driver install any calibration utility, for instance in the control panel?
>>
>>52409236
thought that, as the pad is old, but it lights up and the scroll wheel works as i said
>>
>>52409246
you might also check under control panel's input devices/controllers to make sure it's being picked up by windows as a game controller, not just a keyboard/mouse. from there you should see where it's using it to take input for the scroll, mouse.
>>
also are you using it through a USB hub, or directly to a usb port on your computer's motherboard?
>>
any luck thusfar, bruh?
>>
>>52409327
>>52409349
>>52409440
I am sorry anon, but I think OP made a false promise.
>>
And that's why you don't help anyone
>>
>>52409891
You help for the sake of helping, and not in expectation of a reward.

But hold on, let me see what I have...

(prepare your steam URLs)
>>
>>52409229
no, the only thing working is the scroll wheel, in every app or game
>>
File: Untitled.png (147 KB, 357x554) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
147 KB, 357x554
>>52409932
It is old, it started a meme, it is not longer worth buying when compared to modern titles, but...

First person to post their Steam URL as a reply to this post gets Crysis.
>>
>>52409856
ignore this guy, post your steam IDs with your solutions
>>
>>52409246
rollback didnt work, trying another clean install of drivers, im on windows 10 if that helps
>>
>>52409964
http://steamcommunity.com/id/vector5/
>>
>>52409349
no, im using the mobos usb3 port and the cases front usb2, same result either way
>>
>giving non-shitpost responses to a /v/babby thread

fags, all of you
>>
File: gem.png (246 KB, 956x589) Image search: [Google]
gem.png
246 KB, 956x589
>>52410028
>>52409964
He delivered
>>
File: Untitled.png (100 KB, 357x542) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
100 KB, 357x542
This is a low-graphics (euphemistically called "retro") title about checking people's passports and deciding to let them into a country or not.

First person to post their Steam URL as a reply to this post gets Papers Please.
>>
used revo to remove all traces of old drivers, just downloaded the newest(only) drivers, still no luck, about to DL the firmware update, could something like SPC for my ps3 controller be doing this
>>
>>52410299
http://steamcommunity.com/id/teamchicken
>>
>>52410063
>>52410334
Wa La
>>
>>52410063
>>52410373
Only two games to give today. Have fun, folks!
>>
>>52410403
Where do you dig out games like these?
>>
>>52410403
Still awesome that you did it!
Hard to believe there are people out there who would give to a community like this one.
>>
>>52410422
I buy games when on sale.
>>
>>52410459
That would truely make for a peculiar collection.

Which reminds me I need to keep an eye open for some Co-op games on sale. Planning to do a LAN every other weekend or so this year.
>>
thanks for the suggestions, sadly none of them worked, guess il update to a razer gamepad like ive been meaning to
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.