[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need a cheap monitor to play vidya and code a little. I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
I need a cheap monitor to play vidya and code a little. I've been using TN screens for my whole life, should I buy an IPS or stick to TN? I don't need superreal colors or extreme viewing angles. I've been looking at Samsung S24D390HL (the T-shaped version). Any opinions or recommendations?
>>
>>52406059
Monitor looks OK, but those stands are shit (lost my U28D to a fucking gust of wind through the house).
>>
If you don't care much about viewing angles, you should get a VA screen. They are superior to IPS panels these days except for in one are -- viewing angles. They suffer from increased gamma when viewed from the side -- nothing huge, but hardly perfect.

Then again, IPS panels have disgusting IPS glow with darker colors when viewed at an angle. It almost evens out.
>>
>>52406059
>I don't need superreal colors or extreme viewing angles
then stick to tn. ips have awful backlight bleed
>>
>>52406348
>you should get a VA screen
what about the ghosting on those?
>>
>>52406374

Much, much, much improved over the bad rep older VA screens got. Modern AMVA panels are about on par with IPS in terms of ghosting. The only time you'll notice a difference is situations like black on grey or grey on black where ghosting is a bit more pronounced. Not a deal breaker by any stretch of imagination though.
>>
>>52406059
buy OLED screen
OLED >>>> rest
>>
>>52406407
interesting. i was looking up a monitor from LG but saw it was VA (no indication if AMVA or not) and it turned me off.
it was advertised with a 5ms gtg response time (which is what most mid-level ips perform at), you think it should perform as well as an ips?

http://www.lg.com/uk/monitors/lg-24MT47D
>>
>>52406059
>play vidya and code a little
You mean play Vidya while dreaming about making your own totally unique game that will blow all others away; but in reality is only a sad little delusion?
>>
>>52406518
>5ms gtg response time

Never read "gts response times", they're misinformation.

I don't know about that panel in particular because I've been out of the loop for a while.

I can speak from my own experience though. I own the s27c750p. Bit older than newer AMVA panels that offer 100% sRGB coverage which is completely on par with IPS with the added advantage of significantly better blacks. I regularly interact with IPS panels and desu, there's no real perceptible difference ghosting-wise. It comes down to how pixel overdrive is implemented on a given screen. I've used IPS panels that are in practice significantly worse ghosting-wise than my own VA screen due to terrible overdrive implementation (u2312hm, I'm looking at you).

I wish I could help you in regard to which exact panel to buy, but I don't really know what's current right now. Benq traditionally provides great VA panels, so look in that direction first.
>>
>>52406641
I mean play games and create websites + code in cpp and java for school. I'm not one-man-blizzard and I know what is possible.
>>52406348
Thanks Ill look into it
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.