[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
distro?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
Hi/g/ disro?

Xfce
>>
Haha xFCE just works though it's really a great piece of software I love it really great oh my god it's so much better windows 10 or whatever else Mac OS X or BSD type shyt these stupid fucks can come up with
>>
Gnome ducks to
>>
LXDE > Xfce
>>
>>52379543
You are wrong
>>
>>52379549
Nope, lxde is better
>>
Arch on my Desktop.
Xubuntu on my shit tier netbook
>>
i liek gahnome alaska
>>
Crunchbang++. My laptop is a 2005 HP DV8305US. That's about the only thing besides XP that runs decent for work.
>>
>>52380250
>lxde
>better
>in any context
Yeah nah. If you want to go really lightweight you go openbox, if you want lightweight with some functionality you go xfce.
>>
>>52379383
xfce is not a distro you fucking nigger.
>>
>>52381313
Have you tried any lightweight distros besides #!++ on that laptop? BunsenLabs is also a #! community fork and it seems decent.
>>
>>52379383
Xfce is a DE. Not a distro.

Also, it eats up as much RAM as Gnome, so there's not much point to it now.

LXDE isn't as fully featured, but it's lighter weight, FAST, and does more than enough for what I need to do.
>>
>>52381332
>you fucking nigger.
Why do I care what he does with your wife at night cuck?
>>
>>52381337
want lightweight?

use netinstall of any freaking distro, and install whatever crappy tiling WM you want, and you got lightweight.
>>
>>52381502
Sorry I'd rather use packages that were meant and tested to work together rather than reinvent the wheel.
>>
>>52381537
Writing your own is reinventing the wheel. Compiling from stock source is the equivalent of assembling Ikea furniture. Nothing wrong with using packages, but at least be honest with yourself about how easy source is.
>>
gentoo
>>
>>52381851
It might be but in most lightweight distros a lot of thought went in about what programs to use etc that would work well with low spec hardware. It's kinda like someone made you a list of useful packages and just gave it to you, why waste the time searching for packages when someone already did it for you?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.