[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>“One of the ways we measure our progress with Windows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 7
>“One of the ways we measure our progress with Windows 10 is looking at how people are using Windows,” explained Microsoft Senior Vice President Yusuf Mehdi. “Recently we reached another milestone – people have spent over 11 billion hours on Windows 10 in December alone, spending more time on Windows than ever before.”

>Then things got ever weirder as Mehdi announced: “Here are a few fun facts on what people have been doing on Windows 10”. They are as follows:

>Over 44.5 billion minutes spent in Microsoft Edge across Windows 10 devices in just the last month
>Over 2.5 billion questions asked of Cortana since launch

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2016/01/06/windows-10-spying-secrets-revealed/?utm_campaign=yahootix&partner=yahootix

Holy shit /g/, they're not even trying to hide it anymore!
>>
>>52373710
>Yusuf
Are you telling me to guy in charge of the company providing my OS his first name is fucking Yusuf?

What's the best DE? XFCE or KDE? And mint vs ubuntu?
>>
>>52373710
Were they ever? There was a bit of a backlash initially, but "FREEEE" won brainless millennials over, and they never thought twice about spying after that.

If you are using Windows 10 right now, Anon, then you are an absolute degenerate. I can not put this any milder than that.
>>
>>52373739
Linux is for morons. Windows 7 without botnet updates is your best bet right now.
>>
>>52373779
It's unbelievable, but based on spec threads, most of /g/ is actually using W10.
>>
>>52373739
This, what the fuck? A currynigger as ceo and a terrorist as VP?
And people wonder why windows is going to shit
>>
>>52373783
> Windows 7 without botnet updates
whatever helps you sleep at night
>>
yes but its worth cause flat design >>> your shitty mac/arch/ubuntu/nerdkfcee or whatever is trendy on /g/.
>>
ITT: Autists
>>
I remember some people here saying there was nothing to worry about, you could turn off the spying if you wanted to and even if you didn't, Microsoft wouldn't actually be "spying" on you.
>>
File: imgres.jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
9 KB, 300x168
most of /g/ uses win 10

>it don't matter. none of this matters,
>>
>>52373867
>i-it's just for beta testing guys. they won't still do all that when it actually releases!!
>>
>>52373779
But I have nothing to hide
>>
>>52373943
post a picture of your dick
>>
>>52373954
That has nothing to do with Windows 10 so I will not out of respect for the board rules.
>>
>>52373811
Guess who the chairman is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_W._Thompson

In the name of "diversity", MS was handed over to be run by all various kinds of nogs. Live with it.
>>
>>52373993
post feet
>>
>>52373710
This is why tech literate people use Linux.
>>
>>52374215
That also has nothing to do with Windows 10 and is off topic.
>>
File: Windows 10.jpg (60 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
Windows 10.jpg
60 KB, 850x400
>nothing to hide
>>
>>52374393
post your social security number
>>
I believe the term is called "hiding in plain sight." If you display the botnet out in the open so brazenly, it actually becomes easier to ignore since it blends in with the rest of the facts around it.
>>
>>52374393
post your name and address
>>
>Own smartphone
>Use google
>Use social media
>Have an intel processor
>Use computers
>Use the internet
>WINDOWS 10 SPYS ON YOU!!!!!!!
>THIS IS A NEW THING THAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED!!!!
You're all idiots
>>
KEEP YOUR ELECTRIC EYE ON ME, BABE!
>>
K... KEEP ME POSTED
>>
>>52374613
well windows is still a mess and a hassle
>>
>>52373831
You can have flat UI on Linux you fucking dolt.
>>
>>52373710
>microsoft's servers keep track of what they're used for?!
>>
>>52373779
>brainless millennials
Keep insulting us, you haven't seen the full extent of our autism
>>
>>52373811
>This, what the fuck? A currynigger as ceo and a terrorist as VP?
>And people wonder why windows is going to shit

This is why i can't stand white racist pricks, as long as the CEO leads Microsoft in the right direction, maximizes user experience, and keeps Windows affordable for schools, then he's okay with me.
>>
>tfw I just gave in, downloaded windows 10 on my brand new ssd, waterfox didnt work for some reason so I downloaded Chrome and slapped an adblocker on it

I am now the botnet, Cortana is pretty convenient though
>>
File: RedHat_Group_photo_1.jpg (153 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
RedHat_Group_photo_1.jpg
153 KB, 1024x683
>>52373739

Debian-based distros are degenerate. The IAN in Debian just killed himself. RPM based distros are made by Pajeet and co at Red Hat HQ who'se main customer is the US government.

Choose your poison.
>>
Intel Nuc attached to http://www.gechic.com/product_help_en.asp?s=26

Running comfy Ubuntu Unity Shell
>>
>>52375129
>keeps windows affordable for schools

no, fuck off, this is how things got to be so bad to begin with, our children should not be indoctrinated into the botnet
>>
I'll use windows 10 if you knock about $500 off the cost of a SP4 or SBook, Abir.
>>
I don't even care about the telemetry shit; Windows 10 is objectively an unfinished OS that is being forced down the throats of literal retards because "muh FREE OS KEY!!!".
>>
>>52375195
yeah like why the fuck should children learn to use the OS and other shit they are most likely to encounter at home and in the workplace and for all intents and purposes everywhere else ? fuck that.
>>
>>52375195
Wasn't Microsoft's last CEO a white guy
>>
>>52373779
I know I am, but the truth is MS has more than enough information on me that is degenerate. Might as well embrace the botnet.
>>
>>52375195
If you don't like it, don't use it.
I don't know of any Indians that mandate which OS schools or businesses use, that's mostly chosen by whites in the US and it makes sense because Microsoft produces industrial strength software so it is standard in most industries.
>>
>>52375139
why windows 7 is superior in everyway
>>
>>52373867
I hands down believed it that its only required during the beta. But damn, as soon as it became clear that they won't gone you any I option to fully disable that shit I ditched windows.
>>
>>52374613
>don't own a smartphone
>use startpage
>have an Intel processor from before they started all their bullshit and will be getting an AMD processor next time I upgrade
>specifically take measures to obfuscate my activities on computers and the internet
>>
>>52377612
>>specifically take measures to obfuscate my activities on computers and the internet

What are you doing to obfuscate your activities ?
>>
>>52374613
Nigger my fresh windows 10 gets 30% less brandwidth because all fucking telemetry motherfucking bullshit. It's slow and every fucking program freezes windows explorer for a brief moment at startup.
>inb4 toaster
No
>>
>some non-personalized statistics
>hurr
>>
>>52377612
What activities are you doing that you need to obfuscate so badly?
>>
>>52377777
hiding behind 77777 proxies
>>
.>>52377777
User agent xhanger, using linux, more shady things on t or. Lack of social media, changing nicks or other things
>>
File: 1355739283325.jpg (237 KB, 1100x1380) Image search: [Google]
1355739283325.jpg
237 KB, 1100x1380
>>52377777
>>
>>52373831
>Flat design
>good
Pick one
>>
>>52375129
Found the cuck. Did this thread trigger your morbidly obese genderfluid "girlfriend" you limp wristed faggot?
>>
>>52375129
if you keep windows affordable for schools, you ensure children grow up knowing nothing but how to use windows

absolutely NO software should be taught in public schools. it's an unfair market advantage. instead, education-specific programs should be used to make computers genuine learning tools instead of microsoft office training tools.

also, every black person with an IQ under 100 should be sterilized to finally create equality between the races.

>>52375493
yeah, like, why do they encounter that OS everywhere anyways? because of you, mr "school the kids in office".

hey, if it's so easy to use and high quality, they could learn it in their first week anyways without rage quitting over buggy, shitty software hue hue
>>
>>52373783
linux is for morons?

how much do you get payed to work at the NSA?
>>
>>52373783
> I'm so stupid I can't figure out Ubuntu and I lack self awareness so I'm going to call the software dumb
>>
>>52373710
>still linking to forbes
you do know it's just a high-profile HuffPo these days, right?
>>
>>52378929
Basically most other "news sites" don't fare much better
>>
As a traveller from /pol/ on the matter of "will Windows keep spying on people?"...
/pol/ was right again.
>>
Nice try AMD
>>
>>52375149
This is why I use Arch
>>
>>52373831

win10 doesn't even have a flat design, and it's incredibly easy to get that on KDE running on manjaro or kubuntu
>>
>>52375149
RedHat is officially a kill
>>
>>52373710
>hey guys, look at these very high numbers that are meant to distract you from the fact that less then 10% of the market uses win10 and out of those 10%, 99% already had win8 before we forced them to upgrade.

This is some next level bullshit MS is pulling over here.
>>
>>52378965
That's because most other news sites are all owned by Rupert Murdoch that owns around 90% of all global media. That's why all articles, everywhere you look these days, are all pushing the same propaganda.
>>
I warned you /g/. I warned you.
>>
>>52378861
>if you keep windows affordable for schools, you ensure children grow up knowing nothing but how to use windows
>absolutely NO software should be taught in public schools. it's an unfair market advantage. instead, education-specific programs should be used to make computers genuine learning tools instead of microsoft office training tools.
this. We're training kids to want to buy into the botnet all on their own. My nephew came up to me the other day, all excited his teacher talked about the school moving to iPad Pros or Surface Pros, to replace notebooks.
>also, every black person with an IQ under 100 should be sterilized to finally create equality between the races.
We literally bred the poor dindus to be as retarded as possible to prevent revolts. I'm afraid it's impossible. We just have to wait a while for the Flynn effect to take its course.
>>
>>52373943
Every time.
>>
I just honestly don't get why you care they they track usage, like who gives a fuck?
>>
BitTorrent client for this meme (Windows 10) Should i use deluge? please /g/ send help
>>
>>52383681
Shoving ads in your face, that's all the care about really, making money by shoving more and more ads in your face.
>>
>>52383170
The problem with counting on the Flynn effect is that it stopped in the 90's and has since then actually been declining.

There's no concrete evidence as to why this has happened as far as I know, but my guess would be a combination of rising living standards even for the poor and the poor on average being of lower intelligence leading to more dumb people having dumb kids.
>>
>>52375493
You remind me to that one Japanese bloke who justified not teaching Chinese or Korea in Manchuria because they wouldn't need to use it.
>>
>>52377797
>guys, they aren't telling people who shits at 0300 and giving us their address, it's ok!
>>
>>52373831
Is this not flat enough?
I don't want anything flatter than this desu
>>
>>52374613
If they attempted to do with Windows 95 what they are now doing with Windows 10 (for simplicity just assuming it was technically feasible 20 years ago), there would be a massive worldwide outcry and Bill Gates would most likely have ended up in prison.

The problem is that we had our freedom taken away from us piece by piece over the years, and now the frog is boiling but doesn't feel it anymore.
>>
>>52375129
>maximizes user experience
If that experience specifically is being screwed in the anus, I guess you're right.
>>
How is this legal, but simply making IE the default browser almost killed Microsoft?
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.