[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the cloud? Why do people say this meme is the future?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: cloud-09.jpg (49 KB, 1684x960) Image search: [Google]
cloud-09.jpg
49 KB, 1684x960
What is the cloud? Why do people say this meme is the future? Why do people and businesses need memes to be successful?
>>
>I'm too retarded to use google
>>
>>52246272
Nice meme.
>>
>what's the point of a bakery when I can have my very own easy-bake-oven ???
>>
File: 1449370459886.jpg (60 KB, 600x564) Image search: [Google]
1449370459886.jpg
60 KB, 600x564
"the cloud" is a nebulous umbrella term that refers to any particular piece of software's online data storage server.

For example, google docs. When you type up a paper on google docs, the file is stored on one of google's servers, not on the computer you edited the file with. Since it's an online server, you can access it with any computer that has internet access. This server is "the cloud."
>>
>company spends $2 million per year on outsourcing development of software to run the business.
>employs an army of people to manage application and infrastructure
>company switches to Salesforce.com for a few hundred thousand to get their platform developed
>annual spend is now $50k and they don't have to worry about infrastructure and all the people who used to support the in house app, saving even more money in payroll
Not only have they saved money but they likely have way better software now as well.
>>
>>52246637
>autism Chinese waifu
Fuck off nerd
>>
>>52246696
Lol
>being this ass pained
>>
>>52246093
buzzwords make money m8
>>
>>52246637
Pretty much this.

My company's been trying to "make the move to the cloud", but as far as I can tell, we've always stored our data in someone else's server. Or at least, a server that most people can't access.

Why the fuck would people hand over their computing to a machine that isn't theirs? Yeah, it's convenient, but so is using a flash drive.
>>
the 'cloud' is just other peoples computers. would you put your important files on a total strangers computer?
>>
>>52246093
Replace "the cloud"

with "someone else's computer"

and then read all the things you hear about the cloud again and it will make sense
>>
>>52246093
http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/nistpubs/800-145/SP800-145.pdf

Read it and leave.
>>
They are servers
>>
>>52246093
Your data is already in the could called NSA server farms, you fucking fossil.
>>
Just turn yourself in to the FBI. You disgusting pedo.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.