[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just signed up for a gym and noticed that their wifi wasn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 177x191) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 177x191
So I just signed up for a gym and noticed that their wifi wasn't letting me out to the Internet. Dhcp was assigning me a /22 address, so as a general troubleshooting step i statically set myself in the /24 range, and lo and behold I could now get out to the Internet? Should I bother to tell them to widen the scope of their permit statement? I have Internet access but I'm assuming most users don't
>>
I hope you are not occupying the squat rack, nerd. stay at home if you want to surf the internet. you are just getting in the way.
>>
don't bother, no one's gonna know what the hell you're talking about.
>>
>>52234229
>"Excuse me sir? You need to widen the scope of your permit statements if you want people to access the internet."
>"What the fuck did you just say to me?"
>"S-sorry"
>>
>>52234179
Sorry, but I'm not following.
You couldn't connect to the internet because if your IP?
Isn't it automatically set by the DHCP server of the router?
>>
Why the fuck do you need internet at the gym? Do squats instead of surfing you idiot
>>
>>52234358
OP probably needs to stream the music he listens to or shitpost on 4chan while occupying equipment others want to use
>>
>>52234214
>planet fitness
>squat rack
LOL

>>52234179
Go to a better gym, Planet Fitness is absolute shit tier. You need barbells, which PF does not have.
>>
>>52234330

The dhcp server gives you an ip in the set subnet, the WAN interface has an access policy that says 'permit 192.168.1.0/24 to go to the Internet'. Since the LAN subnet is a /22, the ip I was being assigned was 192.168.2.25, which is outside the range set in the access policy
>>
>>52234179

Why the fuck are you asking us? Are you seriously THIS unable to make decisions for yourself that you have to ask strangers on the internet to validate your actions?

The fuck is wrong with you.
>>
>>52234408
>Go to a better gym, Planet Fitness is absolute shit tier. You need barbells, which PF does not have.

Planet Fitness is fine.

The vast majority of people would primarily benefit from daily cardio. Secondarily, they could use some resistance training, but generally what the *need* isn't what they do. Young guys just hop on the purple bench press machine, work their chesticles, and walk out with the same hunch and forward head syndrome as when they came in.

The difference between free weights and machines is far less than the difference between machines and simply laying on your couch at home.

OP, remember to focus on muscular balance.
>>
File: 1446835090114.jpg (74 KB, 400x387) Image search: [Google]
1446835090114.jpg
74 KB, 400x387
>>52234179
You must go deeper. Waiting for OP to delivery.
>>
>lunk alarm
I really hope they got rid of that atleast
>>
>>52234446
I'm doing pros and cons

Pros:
- help others
- I get to be right

Cons:
- 700 more possible users I'd be competing with for bandwidth

I do like being right though...
>>
>>52234852
That's one hell of a big gym.
>>
>>52234412
Is that default ?
>>
>>52236036

no, normally the dhcp server is set to the same ip address range as the LAN subnet. this is probably a case where planet fitness was like "we need more ip addresses for wifi!" so they only made the scope change on the dhcp server. the LAN subnet still remained a /24, so this results in the dhcp server handing out addresses that are outside of the range of the LAN subnet. the LAN subnet (usually a vlan) is what actually makes up the network. dhcp is just a server on the network that responds to requests from other clients for an address that grants them access to that network (routing).
>>
>>52234179
You're supposed to be working out, not doing free tech support.

>wherever I am, I must /g/
>>
>>52234943
4 you
>>
>>52234179
Go back to /fit/
>>
>>52234214
Planet fitness does not allow lifting, it's oppressive and triggering. You'd best stick to the elliptical if you know what's good for you, shitlord.
>>
Thank you for informing sir, you'll be hearing from our lawyers within 24 hours.

Officers arrest this man for hacking.
>>
>>52236571
This tbqh
>>
>>52234179
>so as a general troubleshooting step i statically set myself in the /24 range

Wtf, you still live in the classful, pre-CIDR world? Any netmask can get you anywhere if the config is correct generally.
>>
>>52234655
why cant i just do leg day every day
>>
>>52234943
Well, a /22 netmask allows for 1022 hosts on the subnet. They must have designed it that way purposefully.
>>
>>52234179
Okay networking was a long time ago but how would widening the scope of their permit statement help if the dhcp server is assigning the wrong subnet mask?
>>
>>52236503
>the LAN subnet (usually a vlan)
Subnet is a L3 concept, vlan is a L2 concept. You can have may subnets configured within one vlan (which is actually the case if the DHCP server hands out /22-masked IP addresses, most of which lay outside an /24 subnet that's assumed to be existing).
>>
>>52237765
He's not sticking to classful addressing, that would be /8 /16 & /24, he just happened to pick /24 because whyddafucknotmeng.webm
>>
>>52236503
>dhcp is just a server on the network that responds to requests from other clients for an address that grants them access to that network (routing).

DHCP does not imply routing. You can have BOOTP/DHCP on an isolated network which doesn't even have any gateways to other networks. TCP/IP configuration is still mostly needed, because it's pretty much the only game in town as far as L3/L4 are concerned.
>>
>>52237488
>/fit/
>Planet Fitness
>>
>>52237904
>may
*many
>>
>>52237957
Both of you are fucking retarded
here's your (you) by the way
>>
>>52237523
Does not allow lifting? What kind of place is that? Lifting is like 2/3 of a proper training regime? What do people do there? Sit and watch the girls run on treadmills? What a waste of money, running is something you can do outside. No wonder he rather wants to surf the Internet
>>
>>52234655
Planet fitness sounds like shit. Sounds like a place that just want to scam you out of your money. Let me guess, they have a 12 or 6 month membership which is why the place is so shit. They want people to pay and not really come after a while so they don't have to expand or buy new equipment. It's a scam. People should go to a real gym.
>>
File: untitled_1.png (24 KB, 859x398) Image search: [Google]
untitled_1.png
24 KB, 859x398
>>52236503
>the LAN subnet (usually a vlan)

How many
>collision domains
>broadcast domains / vlans
>subnets
are on the network in pic related?
>>
>>52238021
It's not that you can't lift, you just can't be a douche who grunts and feels the need to scream after every rep.
>>
>>52237765
I mean, you would just need to set a mask that still allows you to be in the same subnet as the gateway

>>52237904
I should have said that the lan subnet is usually assigned to a vlan interface

>>52237951
dhcp assigns options to clients, the most common of which being a routable IP address. this feels nitpicky.
>>
They don't have free weights at all? Da fuck. There's one down the block I was going to sign up for since work will pay for it.
>>
>>52238223
>I mean, you would just need to set a mask that still allows you to be in the same subnet as the gateway

Yes, unless you be trolled such as
>THANK YOU MARIO BUT OUR GATEWAY IS ON ANOTHER SUBNET
>>
>>52234408
>You need barbells, which PF does not have.

Lol okay, Reddit

Go push your dumbass crossfit and quarter squats somewhere else dumbass
>>
File: untitled_.png (18 KB, 646x425) Image search: [Google]
untitled_.png
18 KB, 646x425
>>52237978
>here's your (you) by the way

You don't even have the (you).
>>
>>52234655
what is the hunch and forward head syndrome?
I know what you refer to but nothing about what causes it and how to fix it
>>
>>52238426
The medical name for it is Balanitis
>>
>>52238446
ebin
>>
>>52238482
Hahaha you got fucked up. Idiot.
>>
>>52238085
>Planet fitness sounds like shit.

So... Your entire opinion is based on one 4chan thread?

> Sounds like a place that just want to scam you out of your money. Let me guess, they have a 12 or 6 month membership which is why the place is so shit. They want people to pay and not really come after a while so they don't have to expand or buy new equipment. It's a scam.

Uh. That is *literally* the business model of ALL gyms.

>People should go to a real gym.

The regulars at your gym are subsidized by the huge number of people who maintain a membership due to:

1) a misguided feeling of sunk cost.

2) a false belief that they'll turn their life around and start going to the gym.

3) embarrassment at admitting that they're never going back.
>>
>>52238531
>Uh. That is *literally* the business model of ALL gyms.

No it isn't, you stupid fuck.

The majority of gyms in my area have a casual entry fee of $1.50 ~ $3.00. Meaning you pay that at any time and can stay for one session.

Retard
>>
>>52238510
imblying i havent seen a million dicks in my lifetime
>>
>>52238553
>No it isn't, you stupid fuck.

Yes it is, you ignorant fuck.

>The majority of gyms in my area have a casual entry fee of $1.50 ~ $3.00. Meaning you pay that at any time and can stay for one session.

I've never heard of anything like that in going to gyms in four US states and three countries. The lowest daily fee I've even heard of is around $20. To be honest, I think you're completely full of shit.
>>
>>52238085
>a real gym
You mean buying your own equipment?
>>
>>52234274
Fucking kek
>>
File: 1451747308480.png (901 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
1451747308480.png
901 KB, 690x460
>>52234412
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum.
You mean to say the router is handing out dhcp leases in the wrong subnet. They don't need to widen whatever the fuck you're talking about but just change the lease range to the right subnet.

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
>>52240995
>Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum
WutFace
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.