[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kotlin Language
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: projectKotlin.png (38 KB, 556x276) Image search: [Google]
projectKotlin.png
38 KB, 556x276
/g/'s thought on the Kotlin Language?
Personally prefer it to Java in terms of elegance, but still uses the JVM
>>
Put it on the pile with Ceylon.
>>
>>52228616
Ceylon isn't used very much, I understand, but I think Kotlin could catch on with Android Studio support, and the ease of use
>>
Fuck Ceylon and Kotlin. Scala won.
>>
If you need to compile to jvm just use kawa scheme
>>
>>52228558
While Ceylon has no IDE support (requires its own toilet IDE) Kotlin works perfectly in IntelliJ and Eclipse.
>>
>>52228857
Won what? The "takes the longest to compile and produces the shittiest code" award? Yeah, it wins that all the time.
>>
But what does it do better than the other "Java done better" languages like Xtend or Ceylon? Or even C#?
>>
>>52230514
>C#
if you use this you're a .NET cuck
>Ceylon
Red Hat piece of shit that's never been used
>Xtend
see Ceylon except Red Hat

IMO Kotling is much nicer to look at than Java, Scala or any of the others. It's already got loads of support, you can use it alongside Java code with no fucking around (works exactly like Java)
>>
>>52230653
I meant Kotlin not Kotling
Also - Kotlin has type inference which I like
>>
>>52230653
How much support does it have? I know that the IDEs support it great (JetBrains makes those for a living, after all), but what else? Does the Android community actually embrace it?
>>
>>52230795
From what I've seen the Android Development is embracing is pretty well. Android Studio works 100% with it (not surprising as it's just IntellIJ), but it works exactly the same as Java code, so really it's basically the same as using Java code.
>>
>>52230867
Nice. I really hope it replaces Java, at least for non "MUH PROFESSHUNAL BUSHINESSH LODHICK"-programs.

So sick of Java.
>>
>>52228558
I personally prefer clojure I wish one day clojure has a good support on android, if not I'll just make web apps with clojurescript
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.