[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Second hand value
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
Since there are basically no good PC games coming out this year, I thought I'd sell my 970 3.5 GB and wait for Pascal.

Do you reckon that 0.75 of current retail price is fair? I only bought the damn thing six months ago.
>>
>>52217040
I bought an equivalent card (R9 290) to wait for Pascal, are you crazy ?
>>
What is Mankind divided, Alex?
>>
>>52217066
>I bought an equivalent card (R9 290) to wait for Pascal, are you crazy ?

Why did you do that, exactly? It's not like there are any day one games coming out for the next six months.

Figured I'd put that money toward a nice monitor instead.
>>
>>52217100

A game coming out in August, probably in a Pascal bundle.
>>
Would somebody comment on the pricing as well.

Would you buy used in good condition for 0.75 of new?
>>
>>52217106
Battlefront, Fallout 4, Just Cause 3, Metal Gear Online, DOOM, Unreal TOurnament, Tom Clancy's The Division, Far Cry Primal, Overwatch the list goes on and $250 won't get ya a nice monitor
>>
>>52217305
>Battlefront, Fallout 4, Just Cause 3

These are already out, and they don't interest me.

>Metal Gear Online, DOOM, Unreal TOurnament, Tom Clancy's The Division, Far Cry Primal, Overwatch

Not so sure all of them interest me, and those that do, can surely wait six months.
>>
>>52217320

If Mankind Divided, Doom reboot, Far Cry Primal (which looks awesome and is genuinely a new idea it seems to me, never seen a game set in a prehistoric setting), and a new Blizzard franchise don't interest you...what exactly are you playing that needs much graphics power?
>>
>>52217463
>Mankind Divided

See >>52217126
>>
>>52217320
wow if you were only going to reply something like that you could have said "no games interests me" in the first place and I would have went the fuck out of this thread
>>
>>52217482

Lots of games interest me.

And you're welcome to leave if you just want to discuss the upcoming titles of 2016; this thread is about second hand hardware prices.
>>
Well, I'm pretty sure you could sell it to someone that's going to sli 970s when pascal comes out, it'll be easier to find a buyer then. I'm using the exact same card (strix 970). I'm going to wait until amd releases their new cards, that way I'll have more choice, and nvidia will probably drop their prices.
>>
>>52217534

Personally, if I were buying a 2nd hand GTX 970 I wouldn't pay more than $200 at most. I paid $200 for my R9 290 over a year ago used and I can't imagine spending more than that for an equivalent card.

Maybe you'd have more luck on ebay but it'd be a crapshoot. I doubt you'd get your 75% when Maxwell is just around the corner and a buyer would have no way of knowing how hard your OCed it or how old it really is.
>>
>>52217783

Whoops, meant to say Pascal just around the corner and that Maxwell cards are going to be badly deprecated unless Pascal turns out to be another Fermi
>>
>>52217184
Keep the card unless you really want to take a break. The card will only lose a couple of dollars in resale value.
>>
i never understand why people 'wait' to buy a video card. unless new series are going to be released within a month.

what are you going to do for half a year until pascal comes out and u have no 970? play on integreated gfx? may as well cut ur eyes off and throw them in a blender and make a custom loop for your i5 and use the blended eye balls as the liquid coolant
>>
>>52217865
>what are you going to do for half a year until pascal comes out and u have no 970?

Read, watch films, socialize, travel, work -- you know, life stuff.
>>
Not going to wait another year or so just to get afew more frames where I m already hitting 60 in most games.
>>
>>52217920

If you care that little about system improvements that you're considering downgrading to make $150-200 then be our guest, but it kind of seems like you're in the wrong place...this being the tech enthusiast board where 95% of the people here are PC hobbyists.
>>
Well, since the you're talking about it. Would you buy second hand PC components? Do they last shorter than new products? Anyone has a good or bad experience to share?
>>
>>52218274
>Would you buy second hand PC components?

Of course not. Buying second hand is literally stealing, just like piracy.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.