[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which Linux distribution isn't backdoored?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
Which Linux distribution isn't backdoored?
>>
>>52209986
Gentoo
>>
>>52209986
Slackware
>>
Plan9
>>
Your hardware is backdoored anyway. There's no advantage to using Linux.
>>
ubuntu
it is frontdoored
>>
>>52210033

jokes on you i soldered my own cpu
>>
>>52209986
BLAG, Dragora, Dynebolic, GuixSD, gNewSense, Musix, Parabola, Trisquel or Ututo.
http://www.gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html
>>
>>52210033
intel right?
>>
>>52210041
I use Ubuntu with Intel processor inside a branded HP laptop. Come at me Senpai.
>>
Debian
>>
>>52210168
Jarod pls
>>
>>52210033
Has anyone any proof that Intel/AMD or Linux kernel have backdoors? I never encountered any evidence of it, only speculations.
>>
>>52210067
Hey achmed, wanna come to the white house?
>>
File: 1973449_824_avatar.jpg (8 KB, 235x235) Image search: [Google]
1973449_824_avatar.jpg
8 KB, 235x235
>>52209986
idk m8
SELinux seems legit
>>
None. Intel = Israel.
>>
>>52209986
redstar
>>
>>52210212
Nice try NSA.
>>
>>52210212

it's pure speculation for linux

less speculation and more likely for windows/osx, however they do some INCREDIBLY invasive things by default (like backing up encryption keys)

intel, and likely amd with an equivalent, hard to say whether there's intentional back doors, but they have some again incredibly concerning things like intel management engine which can be ran invisibly so long as the switch on the psu is turned on (but not the pc, similarly to how wake up on shortcuts/lan/etc work), supposedly to "prevent theft", but has been demonstrated (on q35 chipsets and earlier) to be vulnerable allowing persistent rootkits that's always on (so long as the psu is) and virtually undetectable unless you're sniffing network traffic (or if common networking hardware is backdoored, with very, VERY expensive oscilloscopes operated by a person with a LOT of experience debugging networking signals with hardware)
>>
File: tinffoilcat.jpg (70 KB, 596x457) Image search: [Google]
tinffoilcat.jpg
70 KB, 596x457
>>52210394
forgot pic
>>
>>52210290

Intel is Jewish? Neat.
>>
debian and other debian based linux distros
>>
>>52209986
Well if you just think that the simplest thing like printed paper has encrypted info about where it came from and on top of that it has been proven and no one made an official statement about it, you can be sure that everything has some sort of way to track you or access your data. Oh and by some magical way everyone already forgot about the low level hardware backdoor that was built in in all U.S. produced hard drivers. You can google all of this.
>>
>>52209986
tails
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.