[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /g/ think of this man?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: Snowden.jpg (68 KB, 691x457) Image search: [Google]
Snowden.jpg
68 KB, 691x457
What does /g/ think of this man?
>>
File: barrett-brown.jpg (135 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
barrett-brown.jpg
135 KB, 630x420
>>52194252
This is now a Barrett Brown appreciation thread
>>
>>52194252

I hope he's okay.
>>
>>52194252
a real human bean
and a real gyro
>>
Paid actor
>>
>>52194252
I'd vote for him.
>>
>>52194252
best CIA deep cover agent ever
>>
a martyr
>>
A traitor
>>
A cool guy and doesn't afraid of anything.
>>
File: 1450826445728.jpg (325 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1450826445728.jpg
325 KB, 1600x1200
>>52194252
>>
>>52194252

he died for our governments' sin's
>>
>>52194252
Diversion from what's really going on
>>
Wasted his time stating something that was explicitly written down in the Patriot act. Did he think people would imagine that the government would NOT do something like PRISM when they make laws allowing it?

Well... Maybe people still think the US gov would not do that, just like how Microsoft shills don't think Microsoft collects name, passwords, location, credit card numbers, contacts and so on even though the terms and conditions explicitly mentions things like that.
>>
>>52195366
There's a difference between suspecting activities of your government and being downright forcefed the information.

He's a martyr.
>>
>>52195490
>There's a difference between suspecting activities of your government and being downright forcefed the information.

Well, yes... But the government DID say they were going to do it, stated in the Patriot act along with the nationality agnostic kill-list-without-a-trial.

Why are people so surprised? That is what they voted on to introduce almost unanimously except that one guy who voted 'no'. Are people going to be surprised when non-muslim-american citizens are put on the kill list without a trial as well? Two American citizens have already been killed, but understandibly people don't care. (because they were both muslims so we don't need any trials and none of them were put on the kill list for anything that would be illegal according to US law anyway. One guy because he wrote propaganda for al waida and another 15 year old because he had family members in al qaida and might have been a member in the future) people have not reacted to the two already killed.

So why would people freak out when the us government follow the other part of the law involving surveilance? It's not just "suspecting" when the government publicly writes thousands of words about everything they are going to do. they are going to do it
>>
>>52195619

I think you highly overestimate how much the general public either think or care. That is the unfortunate problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEVlyP4_11M

Great watch through and through, but if you're lazy just scroll through to the dick pic analogy.
>>
>>52195822
>I think you highly overestimate how much the general public either think or care

Yeah, what's even worse is the amount of people who aggressively attack anyone who wants privacy or who questions constant monitoring.

>wooow only criminals have something to hide
>>
>>52194743
I can't even read that shit, what's he saying?
>>
>>52196096
>Just a heads-up,
>The feds ARE monitoring this thread.
>Sincerely, The N.S.A.
>>
>>52194679
It's pronounced yeero, not hero.
But Gyro still sounds cooler.
>>
>>52196096
just a lieds-irpi,
tlre seds ARE inonitoriry
tliis tlrreal.
sirrrerely,
Tlre N.S.A.
>>
File: diogenes.png (185 KB, 420x276) Image search: [Google]
diogenes.png
185 KB, 420x276
>>52194252
He died for my sins
>>
i think edward snowden was a planned leak to see how the public would react to the ongoing surveillance. since no one gave a shit, we now have window 10 and microsoft outright telling you that it's gov't spyware. it still sells like cake
>>
>>52196214
i'm not even filing this under tinfoil. It's a decent theory.
>>
>>52194252
I wish he would face his charges on the sex assault stuff. Other then that, I think WikiLeaks okay.
>>
>>52194588
Mah boi
>>
File: 3_days_of_condor.jpg (52 KB, 600x253) Image search: [Google]
3_days_of_condor.jpg
52 KB, 600x253
Had the right idea giving it to journalists..."But will they publish it"
>>
>>52194252
A traitor and a cuck
>muh freedumbs
>muh NSA spying
Fucking faggot, you put this country at risk and all these NEET faggots think the government cares about them.
>>
>>52196214
This. I reckon It was done to demoralize people so that they wouldn't oppose any future surveillance laws because "the government does it anyway".
>>
>>52198134
have those programs really done anything traditional police work couldn't?
>>
>>52198116
they will publish it
bit by bit
and then sometimes fuck it up really good

too lazy to search for it but they somewhere tried to publish something, blacked-out some parts but someone managed to read the blacked-out part
was nice
>>
>>52194722
>>52194733
Samefag
>>
>>52198134
>put this country at risk
At what risk exactly?
>>
>>52195822
I think he died a little on the inside when he saw that people don't even know who he is and what the fuck he did. Woah.
>>
Absolute hero
>>
>>52198686
"I threw my life away for this?"
>>
>>52198134
The risk was there whether he exposed it or not. One of the most important things he exposed was how trivial it was for one man to pants all of these alphabet organizations burning hundreds of billions of dollars. There should have been mass beheadings at NSA/CIA. No, instead there was all this humiliating fist shaking and moaning about "teh traitor!" oh by the way, we need moar monies for stopping this sort of nefarious thing.

As a taxpayer, I'd put Snowden in fucking CHARGE of the NSA and have him clean house.
>>
>>52195619
What the people knew from the media and government resources was that the us government was using technology to spy track and arrest potential terrorists. What people did not know was that the criteria for spying used by the us government was so wide that millions of americans were being snooped and that major companies were mass recording calls and text messages, etc. For the jew us every american is a potential terrorist. Of course you could argue that the patriot act did allow this and bla bla bla and whatever Im not american and I have not read that shit and most americans also have not. So Snowden was a martyr for showing every little dirty thing to the publics face so then maybe people could stop being so dumb and start paying a little more attention to their rights.

TL;DR: everyone who is against snowden is either a shill or a retard.
>>
A great man, but...

Why Greenwald? Whyyy?
>>
>>52194743 $5.00 and you can be a rael NSA agent, nice..
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR10.TRC0.A0.H0.Xnsa+pin.TRS0&_nkw=nsa+pin&_sacat=0
>>
>>52199385
https://futiledemocracy.wordpress.com/2015/12/31/the-rise-of-the-regressives/
>>
SJW traitor
>>
>>52199498
A SJW who doesn't support the collage campus suppression of free speech.
https://twitter.com/Snowden/status/653724738280386561

Please don't defile that term by misapplying it.
>>
>>52194252
fucking worthless piece of shit
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.