[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Got my mSATA SSD, /g/. Now how do I clone my Windows 10 on to it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: mx200-msata-ssd.png (106 KB, 300x175) Image search: [Google]
mx200-msata-ssd.png
106 KB, 300x175
Got my mSATA SSD, /g/. Now how do I clone my Windows 10 on to it?
>>
File: laughing whores.jpg (44 KB, 445x400) Image search: [Google]
laughing whores.jpg
44 KB, 445x400
>>52190402
You've changed your hardware.
Windows 10 won't be genuine anymore and you have to buy a new copy.

That's what you get for "upgrading" to the botnet.
Kek.
>>
>>52190402
plug it in your ass.
>>
>>52190402
Bing it.
>>
But seriously /g/, what software should I download and use to clone Windows 10 onto the SSD? What's the best one which leaves the least amount of shit and bloat behind?
>>
>>52190402
if you upgraded to w10. you can do a fresh install and it'll automatically activate once it checks with the MS database.
>>
just reinstall you lazy fag
>>
Shit, forgot the name.
Macrium Reflect.
Makes tiny images.
>>52190690
Doesn't it need a W10 BIOS Key?
>>
>>52190701
wut? The activation is based on your hardware config. As long as you didn't change motherboard or cpu you should be fine.
I've never tried it, though.
>>
File: system-image-backup-windows10.jpg (37 KB, 620x418) Image search: [Google]
system-image-backup-windows10.jpg
37 KB, 620x418
>>52190658
With fucking System Image Backup. Also create a separate repair disk.

Boot with the repair disk.
Select the created image and where it should restore it.
Everything else is profit.
>>
>>52191254
This. And if you have your windows installer disc, that will work too. I've been using that for almost a decade now to copy HDD backups.
>>
>>52191254
Are there any extra steps I should carry out afterwards considering that I'll be transferring from an HDD to an SSD?
>>
>>52192518
ya, kill you're self
>>
>>52192518
No, just have your disk controller in AHCI mode before you install the ssd.

If it's not some exotic ssd with some custom whatnot, then Windows 10 will install the drivers for it. Should be automatic.

Just a reminder, if your current system partition is smaller than your ssd, than you need to add the leftover unallocated disk space to your ssd system partition, as the windows image tool will only format the min. amount for the image restore.
>>
>>52190402
Clonezilla, but I guess you'll have issues.
Use the system image backup that comes with it.
Are mSATA worth it? Are you using it in T420?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.