[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I've gone ahead and got nova prime, I know I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: Screenshot_2016-01-01-23-14-14.png (378 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-01-23-14-14.png
378 KB, 1080x1920
So, I've gone ahead and got nova prime, I know I'm miles behind...and I like it, but I cannot get used to pic related. To me it's hideous, is there any way to change the way this looks ?
>>
Its literally in the nova settings, under "App and Widget Drawers"

Just poke around and change shit
>>
>>52179470

Cheers man, I'll have a poke around and see what I come up with.
>>
>>52179491
What about it dont you like? The vert scrolling or the white card background?

If you want you can even make it look like Holo (Pre lollipop) with a few tweaks.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-01-23-24-33.png (564 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-01-23-24-33.png
564 KB, 1080x1920
>>52179516

The white background was hurting my retinas, so just gone for this for now until I have proper time to have a good poke around.

I don't know much about nova (terrible I know) so is there any things you'd recommend with it ?
>>
File: akpRucD.jpg (101 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
akpRucD.jpg
101 KB, 1920x1080
>>52179589
I recomend changing the Scroll speed to "stock" under "Look and Feel"

Also it supports basically every Icon theme in existence so just search and try out heaps.

Also if you download "Screen off and Lock" from GPlay, you can assign it to a nova gesture, so you can lock your screen by double tapping the desktop as an example.

Mainly just poke around and have fun.
>>
>>52179681
I'll have a look into that. With my phone (HTC one m8s) there's a gesture to unlock the screen with a double tap, will I still be able to have this work, and then the same with your example, double tapping to lock it again ?
>>
Just get lightning launcher and save yourself the trouble.
>>
>>52179763
Yeah you can have both, the double tap to wake is independant, and the double tap to lock is just a launcher feature. I have both b/c I have a G4 and missed the double tap to sleep feature of the stock launcher.

Anything you do in the launcher's settings will in no way affect any other feature of the device.
>>
>>52179428
is it really that hard to just open the settings and change some shit?
>>
File: Seal of Approval.png (495 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Seal of Approval.png
495 KB, 1024x1024
>>52179837
lol wat?

>lightning launcher
>saving yourself time and effort
pick one
>>
>>52179839
Ah, thanks man. Just set it up, looking a lot funkier now. The 5 apps on the bottom of the home page, it's possible to make them different sizes ?
>>
>>52179851

Like I said, I don't do a lot of tinkering around with phones. The hardest thing I've ever done is install a custom Rom.
>>
>>52179888
so you're telling me you've never changed settings on anything before?
>>
>>52179923

Not much no. Does turning the volume up count ?
>>
>>52179867
Yeah find the settings for the dock and just press on like "icon size and label"
>>
Nova is the best Rom ever
>>
>>52179428
>>52179888
You've installed a custom rom yet changing the settings in an app is difficult for you?
Just open nova, go to app drawer settings and fiddle. I have mine on vertical scroll, no paging, black background with 40% opacity. Also, get an icon pack from the app store if you're bored of those ones. It's so simple.. Literally just open settings and mess around, see what changes etc.
Can't believe I replied I'm so sure this is bait..
>>
>>52179589
>Aldiko
>Not Play books

oh u
>>
>>52180282
Thank you. I'd love to try other icons but can't figure out what folder I put them into. Is there a default or specific to nova?
>>
I have novaprime. Jesus fucking christ why do they make the process of creating app draw folders such a pain in the ass. Why can't I drag and drop.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.