[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /g/ since i switched to headphones from a headset i obviously
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
hey /g/
since i switched to headphones from a headset
i obviously dont have a volume wheel on my cable anymore, so what kind of hardware should i buy to have a volume wheel again.

is it a DAC? because i already have a seperate soundcard, can i even put a DAC before my soundblaster?

anyways thanks for your help
pic related are my headphones
>>
>>52172240
What kind of soundcard you have? You probably don't benefit from the DAC-portion itself, since most of meme-DACs include also amp portion. So get yourself some headphone amp with potentiometer for volume control and you're set.(Granted, this approach won't give your cable a volume wheel, but you can place the amp itself to a desk next to a keyboard or something).You might want to look into Objective2 amp or CMoy amp and connect that to your soundblaster, chaining soundcards doesn't do anything.
>>
>>52172320
i have a soundblaster z

all i want is a device with a volume wheel sitting on my desk, so i can change the volume without tabbing out and playing with the windows volume, thats all
>>
OK I am confused, why won't volume keys on your keyboard solve this problem?
>>
>>52172344
Check out Objective2 amp and CMoy amp at ebay to give you some idea what you're after. There's also Schiit Magni and I'm sure FiiO at least used to have some desktop amps too, but I can't say anything about those. Rest is really just how much you wanna spend money to get a potentiometer controlling your headphone volume.
>>
>>52172365
i guess that could work..
its just a nice to have i guess
i can put my headphones flat on the table or put them on a headphone stand you know

>>52172383
thank you friend
>>
File: 61HTFZ2iMvL._SL1200_[1].jpg (112 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
61HTFZ2iMvL._SL1200_[1].jpg
112 KB, 1200x1200
this would be what i need right?
3,5mm jack goes from the DAC to my soundcard
and i plug my headphones into the dac via 3,5mm too

what about a seperate mic, ill just plug that into my soundcard, it doesnt need to pass through a dac anyways? sorry i have no idea about these things
>>
>>52172518
You're talking about amplifier, which is separate from Digital to Analog Converter(aka. DAC). Your soundcard has one, your motherboard has one, but the thing in your picture seems to be an amplifier. Not to mention that the item there doesn't seem to have headphone outputs, just one 3,5mm input which you'd connect to line out in your sound card.
>>
File: 71g4ioatxrL._SL1200_[1].jpg (159 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
71g4ioatxrL._SL1200_[1].jpg
159 KB, 1200x1200
>>52172582
i forgot to show this side

all i want is a volume wheel really, if theres just a seperate wheel device id get that
>>
>>52172619
If it has headphone output, you might've just found what you're after. Just plug that in your soundcard's line out, your mic can stay plugged in the way it is and plug your headphones into that headphone out. Not to mention that if you wanna get couple passive bookshelf speakers in the future, you can just plug them to that same amplifier.
>>
>>52172649
cool thanks oniichan
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.