[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi guys, I wanted to buy Skylake this month, to replace my good,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: skylake.jpg (22 KB, 878x466) Image search: [Google]
skylake.jpg
22 KB, 878x466
Hi guys,

I wanted to buy Skylake this month, to replace my good, old Core 2 Quad. But I found out some rumors about paper like PCB of the CPUs... are they true? Guys?
>>
IIRC, that's only an issue with people trying to delid them.
>>
>>52169884
>>52169897
Its actually to do with the pressure of the coolers/heatsinks bending them. Maybe go with one generation older? After all the performance gains are pretty low especially for high end Intel CPU's (I own a pentium and an i7 makes no difference in games/general desktop use). Maybe wait for ZEN ? I sure am.
>>
Wait for Zen OP
>>
>>52169884
Certain heatsink mounting systems warp the PCB, try to stay away from cheap shit or use a CLC cooler.
>>
>>52169897
>only an issue with people trying to delid them
>cpu in picture clearly is not delidded
>>
Just don't go crazy with forcing the cooler on. It should be on firmly, not so hard pressed against the CPU that you're breaking it.

That said, there really isn't an excuse for making the PCB thinner. Intel puts an extra layer of jew on every new generation of chips.

Although I've heard it's for thinner devices- even a fraction of a mm counts supposedly. I don't buy this though, since if you're that concerned you'll be soldering your CPU to the mainboard and so have a different 'class' of PCB anyway, so you could have thicker PCB for the modular chips.
>>
File: laughing whores 2.jpg (237 KB, 1500x906) Image search: [Google]
laughing whores 2.jpg
237 KB, 1500x906
>>52169884
>2016
>buying intel
>>
>>52169884
Read the sticky.

>>52169897
Faggot.
>>52171499
Faggot.
>>52171512
Faggot.
>>52171519
Faggot.
>>52171544
Faggot.

End yourselves, fucking cancer.
>>
>>52171582
>Read the sticky.

I know, the Debian dude is dead due to buthurt, but that does not have anything in common with Intel, rigtht?
>>
I thought they only bent if the cooler didn't follow the Intel mechanical spec for coolers?
>>
>>52169884
>skymeme
>not glorious haswell-e
>>
>>52169884
You will, as it has always been, only break your processor if you do something retarded.
The person in this picture clearly did something retarded.
>>
>>52171582

Intel fangoy confirmed for mad as fuck.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.