[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/, so I was wondering if cell phones are upgradable, like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1450601731829.jpg (84 KB, 726x738) Image search: [Google]
1450601731829.jpg
84 KB, 726x738
Hey /g/, so I was wondering if cell phones are upgradable, like for example adding more ram or a better processor. i would like to get a blackberry 9930 and upgrade things like ram (even if that means soldering). Then I want to create my own OS to add to it. How plausible is this? Am I dreaming?
>>
>>52169199
The only upgradable phones are former Project Ara and another which I don't remember
>>
Project Ara is the closest thing you can get to this, and Project ara has two main problems:
1. It's still just a fantasy in R&D labs at google
2. It's stupid
>>
>>52169199
>2016
>not building your own phone
>>
File: terminology.png (122 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
terminology.png
122 KB, 800x600
>>52169199
>How plausible is this?
It's not.
> Am I dreaming?
You are.
>>
>>52169199
yes use a blow torch to desolder your face from your body
>>
>>52169199
not impossible
but basically impossible
unless you were one of the engineers who designed the hardware
>>
>>52169199
Fairphone is the closest you would get, but it's too expensive.
>>
>>52169237
Wasn't the beta launched at an IT expo last year ?
>>
>>52169361
How is it that hard?
>>
You're fucking dreaming if that were that easy then everyone wouldn't be getting new phones.....wat type of stupid ass question is this OP? Unless if ur an engineer as mentioned previously the answer is NO....U DON'T HAVE THE TOOLS....AND THE DAMN KNOWLEDGE...DO U KNOW UR ASSEMBLY LANGUAGE? YA EXACTLY STFU. U THINK IT'S AS EASY AS PLUG AND PLAY SHIT.
>>
I would bury my face on that ass
>>
>>52169509
I don't think it's plug and play you dunce, just curious, would be a great project to work up to if it was plausible. So I really wouldn't be able to teach myself?
>>
>>52169199
My wife just just divorced me thanks and I got fired and cucked by my boss Jamal
>>
>>52169590
Do you even know how to do a pcb layout?
>>
If you were even remotely capable of creating your own OS you would not be asking this question.
>>
>>52169721
What does it matter?
>>
the last time we did this we were doing phoneblocks and it ruined the board for a few weeks. This is not currently possible without being a massive powerhog, which would eliminate the point of the phone being portable

smartphones come with this thing called wifi tethering, so you can give internet access to your laptop. Get a business laptop where you can actually do all this shit and pair it with the phone.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.