[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can i permanently block a website? My new years resolution
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (290 KB, 740x426) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
290 KB, 740x426
How can i permanently block a website?

My new years resolution is to leave this place and never come back. But whenever i've tried this in the past i inevitably get lonely, and end up caving in and unblocking it.

so i want to make sure that's no longer an option, and no matter what i can't come back

how would i go about doing this?
>>
dnsmasq will slow you down significantly if you are the level of retard that I suspect.
>>
You can't.
See you tomorrow.

What I personally recommend is that you stop making excuses like '4chan is why I'm fat and lazy', and instead realise that it's YOUR fault. Because when it's your fault you can do something about it, but if you keep blaming other things and people, you're never going to fix anything.
Like you're blaming it on your ability to access 4chan. It's not the availability that's the problem, it's you. If it wasn't 4chan it'd be something else you'd be blaming your life on.
>>
>>52169076
>all this projection and rude condescension

man you really like to hear yourself talk, eh.

thanks for the "advice" i guess but you don't have the slightest clue about me. if you're going to dish out advice gotta start by making a good faith effort to understand a person's position, values etc, which i'm not hear to discuss.
>>
>>52169155
he's right you know?
>>
>>52169155
i'm sorry i'm samefagging with
>>52169166 (wtf is this? dubfest?)
but he really may be projecting, but he did give you good advise.
>>
could you put the address in your hosts file and point it to127.0.0.1 ? that should work, shouldn't it?
>>
>>52169155
Well you're trying to block 4chan because you don't have the willpower to just stop going here.
This is the information I'm working from.

Stop coming here, there is no technological solution to your personal problem.
>>
>>52168938
get your mom to put a password on it
>>
>>52169175
he's talking past me and talking down to me, that's the antithesis of good advice. that's the same smug, stupid dog shit i'm trying to remove from my life.

>>52169178
this is my current strategy but the problem is all i have to do if i want to peak at 4chan for a second (which turns into hours) is just copy the hosts file to another folder for a sec.

i mean i'm down to do this the hard way if i have to, but if there's an easy way to make coming back here impossible, i'd prefer it.
>>
>>52169181
There are devices that can aid that though. If he doesn't have the willpower as you say just "not coming here" won't happen and you would have to be dumb not to realize that. Its akin to telling an alcoholic to just stop drinking, it just doesn't work like that for everyone.
>>
>>52168938
Just get yourself banned for 30 days. Make a post on /g/ pretending to be underage. Worked for me in the past several times. This only works, if you have a static IP, and don't feel like re-setting your router.
>>
>>52169181
again nobody asked you for life advice, and i hope to god nobody ever does lest they end up like you.
>>
>>52169216
do it on your router then, and reset the password to something obtuse and throw it away. you'd have to buy a new router if you wanted to change it.
>>
>>52168938
you are here forever.
>>
File: IMG_20151211_163925.jpg (726 KB, 2400x3200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151211_163925.jpg
726 KB, 2400x3200
Get A girlfriend

That is the only cure
>>
>>52169300
i was thinking of doing this. i am a little worried about blocking myself from my own router, but i never have to go into it for anything anyway.
>>
>>52169331
the fuck happened?
>>
>>52169331
I know married people who use /g/. I have seen people ditch their girlfriends for desktop threads and anime.

Females are overrated. I live with a couple of them and they are a nightmare.
>>
>>52169300
or ya'know reset it you illiterate fuck
>>
>>52169350
it's probably possible to make that damn hard.
>>
get one of those password protected programs that parents use to restrict particular websites from children. set the password as something you cant remember, say, 50 digits taken from an arbitrary point in pi.

The worst thing that can happen is that you look it up enough times to improve your memory considerably.

Oh, and take some fucking responsibility.
>>
>>52168938
https://www.netnanny.com/
>>
>>52168938
make changes the kernel
>>
>>52169155
>>52169216
see a psychologist
>>
>>52169552
epic
>>
>>52169592
>ebin
?
>>
>>52168938
>My new years resolution
Mine's 4k.
>>
>>52168938
>How can i permanently block a website?
or use openDNS or some other shit directly with your router.
>>
I've got it op set the access password to the website to the sha15 hash of another person coming into the room wit your eyes closed and smashing random keys on the keyboard
>>
>post cp
>get banned
>>
File: CF4b8doVAAErjcv.jpg (35 KB, 599x643) Image search: [Google]
CF4b8doVAAErjcv.jpg
35 KB, 599x643
>>52172330
Bans just keep you from posting now not viewing
>>
>>52168938
OP that don't require a technical answer...
just promise that to yourself.

LOL thats impossible u r here forever
>>
>>52169336
Beats snap like nothing, when you gently twist them. The store owner doesn't want to spend money on new, overpriced sets for a display, so he just put some tape on it.

It doesn't even matter. Retards will still keep buying Beats. Sort of like iPhone retards.
>>
Stop spending all your time using a computer. Go read a book, exercise, learn to draw, watch a good film. If you have nothing in front of you with an internet connection you won't go on 4chan.

As people before tried to tell you, there is no purely technical solution to your problem and you just need to stop making excuses. One thing that would help though is to just reduce your internet usage entirely by spending time away from technology.
>>
OP confirmed as a literal manchild with no self-restraint
>>
>>52174925
>iPhone retards
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.