[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have been visited by the SSD of Celarity. Good read and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: ssd.jpg (22 KB, 480x281) Image search: [Google]
ssd.jpg
22 KB, 480x281
You have been visited by the SSD of Celarity.

Good read and write times will come to you, but only if you embrace the SSD meme and get one.
>>
Mushkin master race reporting in
>>
hello neo-/g/
>>
intel/sandisk/adata reporting. will probably go mushkin or crucial next time just to mix it up.

the adata drive reports as intel, but i'm assuming thats the controller and not the memory itself.
>>
1 get
>>
But I want long life, not read and write times that are getting so fast I don't really care.
>>
>>52167127
>SSD
>meme
>>
>>52167329

ssd's have long life. you can't prove that wrong.
>>
Who else /Sandisk/ here?
>>
>>52167127
already have one, do I have to get another?
>>
If you don't have a Samsung ssd you don't really have an ssd
>>
>>52167387
samshill detected
>>
>>52167405
Sorry I like quality and assurance
>>
>>52167387
>>52167433

samsung is no better than any other well known brand.
>>
>>52167387
Lmao bro, can you be more gay?
>>
>>52167127
I already have a Crucial SSD. 500gb is all I need and it's super speedy. Very pleased. Thanks for asking.
>>
>>52167127
www.amazon.com/FaspeedĀ®-F710-250G-Premium-Internal-Desktop/dp/B015ZGXGI6/

goit one of these when they were $50 for my living room rig. Completely happy.
>>
>>52167433
The irony coming from a company that released a firmware update that bricked all the ssds that updated.
>>
>>52167387
I have an 840 EVO did I do good?
>>
>tfw the only upgrade worth getting in the last 5 years is an SSD

When I was growing up there was something worth while coming out every few months. Now you can get away with a 5 year old machine, chuck a high end vidya card and SSD in there and you've got a kick ass machine on your hands
>>
>>52167370
>ssd's have long life. you can't prove that wrong.
>on my 6th SSD already

Shit is basically like a polaroid camera. You use the SSD once, any more writes, you get progressively slower writes.

SSDs are only worth it if you can afford the constant replacements.
>>
>>52167862
better than your hardware becoming irrelevant after a year
>>
>>52167889
> You use the SSD once, any more writes, you get progressively slower writes.

That's not how SSDs work you ignorant curry nigger
>>
>>52167889
http://techreport.com/review/24841/introducing-the-ssd-endurance-experiment

go shill hdds elsewhere poorfag
>>
>>52167889
what the fuck are you using your SSDs for? are you putting in under constant read/write tests?

usually SSDs die because of too many stuck bits
>>
>>52167940
I'm still on my first SSD, and the SMART data says everything's A-okay, its been around for like 3 years, do I backup now or wait longer?
>>
>>52167807
Shouldve gotten the pro but your better than all the other poorfags
>>
>>52168010

Backup as soon as possible.

The health sensor on SSDs has limited writes so it's unclear whether it pertains to current health or 2 years ago.

I'm not denying that SSDs are faster (unlike what these tards are claiming: >>52167909, >>52167926, >>52167940), but owning a SSD is a constant balance between speed and data integrity. Basically you always want to be 1 step ahead.
>>
>literally no performance gain on games
Tell me why should I buy one.
>>
>>52168031
>ignore facts and actual benchmarks
>continue to fearmonger

Just face it, you have no clue what you're talking about and there's already been tests showing you are blatantly wrong.
>>
>>52167127
I don't even know anymore. m.2 SSD's seem kind of interesting, but it's not really something I need. Perhaps someday.
>>
>>52168042
>faster load times
Also, fuck back to /v/
>>
samsung ssd?
never again
http://techreport.com/news/28674/samsung-says-data-eating-trim-bug-is-a-linux-kernel-problem
>>
>>52169339
>linux shits itself again
>it's samsungs fault
Get a proper OS morans
>>
>>52168031
>but owning a SSD is a constant balance between speed and data integrity

This is just complete hogwash. The "ssd is a meme meme" has really set its roots in here.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-01-17-23-20.png (748 KB, 1600x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-01-17-23-20.png
748 KB, 1600x2560
>ocz vertex 60gb
>sandisk plus 120gb
>Samsung 830 120gb
>Samsung 850 evo 500gb

Samshit masterrace but that OCZ won't fucking die.
>>
File: al.jpg (12 KB, 200x242) Image search: [Google]
al.jpg
12 KB, 200x242
>>52167889
>constant replacements.
>>
I think I have seen one 'dead' SSD personally. And that one just turned into a read only drive. Pretty convenient death.

Anway I have recommended SSDs to so many people who ask how they can make their computer faster but not spend a lot and every single time they come away impressed.

It's literally one of the only thing normies have seen tangibly improve their computer using experience in the last several years. Can't wait for more stacked NAND to bring prices down more.
>>
1 get
>>
>>52169339
Amateur hobbyist OS?
never again
>>
>>52167862
>vampirethemasquerade.jpg
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.